Author Topic: Summer is Here and so are the Single Stackers  (Read 2787 times)

Offline Earl Keese

Re: Summer is Here and so are the Single Stackers
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2016, 10:10:44 PM »
My Ultra didn't work when I got it. Got the Sig in trade for an XDS 45 that was far worse than the Sig. I think both of us left that trade laughing at each other til we used our new acquisitions.
First off Sig used a full size gun rear night sight, compact needs a taller rear. That cost me $100 to replace to get POA to POI.
Next the Nitron coating is thick and hides poor machining. Breech wall looked smooth but Failure to feeds were too frequent to trust the darn thing at all. I was able to smooth the gouges in the breech wall & chamber of the barrel. It is now reliable. After a year the front sight went dark, not dim... Dark. Another $45.
Oh yeah, the flat wire recoil spring colapsed after 400 rounds. Flat wire springs are supposed to last a lot longer than the normal round wire. I ended up getting an EGW spring & cut 3 coils off to fit. Still using that spring with out any problems & I have 2 spares.
Now it works reliably & shoots well but it still has to remind me how much it hates me by hitting me in the face with brass on occasion. I have just left the ejection alone cause we have mutual feelings...

I could go on about the Mauser HSc...  but I won that fight too. It works now.
Wow, mine was utterly reliable, accurate, and very nicely finished. Really should have kept it. Wonder if yours was an early one or if I just got lucky. Oh well, it's gone now anyway. I detail stripped both of our g43's tonight. It's amazing they're so reliable, my daughter has toys that look better built. Glock must have the highest gross profit in the industry.

Offline muggia59

« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2016, 07:55:22 PM »
Like your new PPS Firemanjones. I'm happy with the old model. So far (about 600 rounds), its been 100% reliable. Like that the new PPS doesnt have a rail on the front. Makes it smoother to conceal and draw in my opinion, although I havent had any issues.
CZ SP01 Tactical, CZ SP01 Phantom, CZ P07, CZP01, CZCadet kit, CZ Scorpion EVO S1.

Offline Brian Ahearn

• Easton Firearms Refinishing
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2016, 09:10:34 AM »
It must be nice and warm where you are here in Pa it's 27 degrees at the range this morning no single stacks in sight. April 6th 2016. give me some of that warm weather!
Easton Firearms Refinishing Owner/Operator
NRA Pistol Instructor
CZ Collector

Offline marcoc

« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2016, 09:19:10 AM »
Cold or warm weather....I added some blubber over the winter (and adding still some) so single stackers are a necessity!

Offline amcline82

« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2017, 12:02:31 PM »
Picked up another shield in 9mm for my wife to carry great single stack for the order price.

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

Offline bubbas4570

« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2017, 04:07:38 PM »
No single stacks for me, if I need to go smaller....then the GP100 gets put into use.  Otherwise a B6P or FAB92 is what resides on my hip.

The only thing that might come into play at the beach/riverside is a NAA 22mag revolver.

Offline Cyanide

« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2017, 03:44:51 PM »
I no longer have any single stacks in my collection either, but if I really need something small for deeper concealment, I will switch out the CZ 100 or P-07 for either my RAMI, Bersa Thunder 380 Plus, or the newly-acquired SCCY CPX 2.

anything