Author Topic: Dot Torture Drill  (Read 1262 times)

Offline Sean-82

Re: Dot Torture Drill
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2016, 09:44:19 PM »
Big fan of the dot torture drill, haven't done it in a while. Watched the Haley Venti video last week and thought it looked like an excellent exercise. Hoping to try it out in the near future.

Offline tdogg

« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2016, 02:08:30 AM »
I ran the TDA Dot Torture again today.  I used my IPSC shot timer app on my phone to time the drill.  I recorded the time for each string of fire and totaled it at the end.  I didn't race through the drill but I did push myself to run through the drill as fast as I was comfortable.  I didn't clean the targets but I did significantly better than the first time running the drill.

97BD:  Score 46, Time 280.69 seconds
SP01:  Score 48, Time 285.73 seconds

My SP01 made me a liar today.  I was shooting it really well today.  My only misses with the SP01 were on the weak hand only string.  I had a couple near misses, the bullets broke the target dot so I counted them.  During the drill with the 97BD I had one shot let off before I was totally ready.  I also had another that I lost focus and tried to force the shot.  I was able to call both as flyers right away.  It's amazing how mental this sport is, you can lose focus and it all can go south instantly.

97BD Target:

SP01 Target:

Cheers,
Toby

Offline OlegG

« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2016, 07:36:08 AM »
Great performance, tdogg! Slow and steady does it. Clean the target, then increase speed and/or distance. My hat's off to you getting such results in DA/SA modes.

Offline parhis

« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2016, 11:21:29 AM »

Sp01 shadow. Shot at 5 meters (5,4681) yards

Offline tdogg

« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2017, 12:46:41 AM »
So I ran my TSO on the Dot Torture drill today.  I haven't run the Dot Torture drill in ~6 months.  My results were acceptable.  I tried to run too fast on most dots and my score showed it.

TSO:  Score 38, Time 142.34

This was my first run through a standard Dot torture drill (SAO).  Up to this point I've been running the TDA drill.

Cheers,
Toby