Author Topic: The VZ.58 Upgraded like it should be!  (Read 17604 times)

Offline Horse

• RS Regulate
Re: The VZ.58 Upgraded like it should be!
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2016, 08:27:54 PM »
For now just the adapters.  I'm trying to close a deal with Magpul to offer them combined, but for now it's just the VZSA, bolt, nut and wrench.  MSRP is $70, street price should be about $55
« Last Edit: July 11, 2016, 02:23:18 AM by Horse »
Owner: RSRegulate.com

Offline zmr

« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2016, 11:05:29 PM »
no this is a vz-58 like it should be.

Offline RSR

« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2016, 12:20:42 AM »
For now just the adapters.  I'm trying to close a deal with Magpul to offer them combined, but for now it's just the VZSA, bolt, but and wrench.  MSRP is $70, street price should be about $55

$55 is right in line w/ the stormwerkz adapters, which means it's price right.  Folding hinges to run the classic fixed stocks run upwards $125, so relatively this is a great deal too... 

Zmr -- Because America!

Offline mdi_weapon

« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2016, 12:55:09 AM »
Very nice.

Thanks for making me kick myself one more time for passing up the VZ58 I could have bought for $300. Lol

Offline KFD147

• Hammer Down Sports
« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2016, 06:16:17 AM »
For now just the adapters.  I'm trying to close a deal with Magpul to offer them combined, but for now it's just the VZSA, bolt, nut and wrench.  MSRP is $70, street price should be about $55

That is awesome. I am glad you are getting these out. I will be getting one to try out as soon as they post it to the website.

Jason 8)
www.hammerdownsports.com
Copperas Cove Pistol Club Member
Temple Gun Club Pistol Match Director
Capital Area Practical Shooters (CAPS) Member
USPSA Member
CZ-USA supporter

Offline rdcinhou

• Coat of Arms for Uherský Brod
« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2016, 08:35:22 AM »
After watching a VZ58 vs. AK47 comparison video, I had been looking at the VZ58 as my next acquisition, but was previously only considering wood furniture (I'm a bit of a traditionalist).

You now have me re-thinking that position.

Extreme envy!
CZ24/27/38/40P/45/52, Vzor 50/70,75BΩ,75D Compact,P01/07/09,P10M/S/C/F(9mm,.45), Phantom,SP01 Tactical,Shadow 2 (Blue,Urban Gray), 82/83/85 PreB, 97BE,97BD,97BDE,100,1911A1, 2075D RAMI,452 American,550 Urban Counter Sniper,805 Bren S1,Drake G2,Duo,Z,vz24 8mm Mauser,FK 7.5 BRNO Field Pistol, PSD

Offline RSR

« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2016, 11:50:12 AM »
OE furniture was made for small, malnourished individuals...  OE stocks really only fit well for me in stock configuration with body armor.  Otherwise, I really need a longer length of pull.  Stock grips are also really short by modern standards...  Bottom line, upgrading furniture makes a tremendous difference in modernizing this rife -- and front foregrip w/ ventilation and rails is necessary to make the weapon comfortable under sustained fire. 

I also don't find the Zhukov stock to be a big departure from the classic lines of original configuration.  YMMV.

Offline MeatAxe

« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2016, 10:35:09 PM »

"MI.58"

The new VZSA adaptor allows installation of a Magpul Yugo Zhukov without modifying the rifle or stock.  Folds to the right while keeping the charging handle, safety and trigger free for full function.
New DARS steel side rail plate weighs under 2 ounces and fits all known VZ pattern receivers (VZ.58, VZ2008 etc).
Newly updated VZ-304M is lighter and smoother than ever, while retaining the same function and modularity as the original.

It's painted to match the Czech MI-24 Hind attack helicopters.

The MI.58 is going to really change your mind about the VZ!

The VZ-304M is for sale currently, but the VZSA and DARS items will be for sale later this year.

Does that mount / optic co-witness with the iron sights on the Vz 58?

Also, as shown, on the RS mount, the Aimpoint PRO needs to be rotated 90 degrees to the left from the normal "up" position in order for the battery cap to clear the mount when you change batteries. Consequently, windage and elevation adjustment dials will be reversed.

Offline RSR

« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2016, 11:25:27 PM »
Low top handguard dust covers (NEA and Bonesteel) are the only cowitness mounts of which I'm aware...

Offline zmr

« Reply #24 on: July 22, 2016, 12:39:34 AM »
OE furniture was made for small, malnourished individuals...  OE stocks really only fit well for me in stock configuration with body armor.  Otherwise, I really need a longer length of pull.  Stock grips are also really short by modern standards...  Bottom line, upgrading furniture makes a tremendous difference in modernizing this rife -- and front foregrip w/ ventilation and rails is necessary to make the weapon comfortable under sustained fire. 

I also don't find the Zhukov stock to be a big departure from the classic lines of original configuration.  YMMV.

gecko 45?

Offline MeatAxe

« Reply #25 on: July 22, 2016, 02:59:16 AM »

gecko 45?

Who you calling "malnourished"??? LOL

http://practicalbudo.blogspot.com/2015_05_01_archive.html

« Last Edit: July 22, 2016, 03:39:51 AM by MeatAxe »

Offline RSR

« Reply #26 on: July 22, 2016, 03:04:00 PM »

Who you calling "malnourished"??? LOL

http://practicalbudo.blogspot.com/2015_05_01_archive.html

Well, while not commonly discussed that level of obesity is technically a form of malnourishment -- far too much seed based starches (corn, wheat, rice, etc) and too much industrial seed oils (soy, corn, canola, vegetable, etc) and too much refined sugar -- and far too little animal protein, animal fats, leafy green plants/starches, unrefined fruit sugars, and healthy fatty plant fats like avocado and olive...

The malnouishment I was talking about was that of hunger/borderline starvation and insufficient nutrients due to "central planning" not working...

YMMV.

Offline RSR

« Reply #27 on: July 22, 2016, 03:07:53 PM »
After watching a VZ58 vs. AK47 comparison video, I had been looking at the VZ58 as my next acquisition, but was previously only considering wood furniture (I'm a bit of a traditionalist).

You now have me re-thinking that position.

Extreme envy!

There are two ways to go if you want standard furniture w/ longer length of pull -- there is a steel folding mechanism that adds about an inch, or the czechs also make polymer extensions w/ longer screws that go between the stock and receiver...

Offline BA Glover

« Reply #28 on: August 02, 2016, 12:30:58 PM »
Still haven't seen any of the stock adapters in the wild. Any one had any luck?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline tcammack

« Reply #29 on: August 04, 2016, 03:35:25 PM »
Haven't seen any either...

Horse, how is the cheek weld with the zhukov stock and the factory irons?

anything