Author Topic: At least I have the CZ83 for HD while I re-coup...  (Read 1118 times)

Offline imarangemaster

At least I have the CZ83 for HD while I re-coup...
« on: April 07, 2016, 07:44:33 PM »
Well, what was supposed to be a simple Arthroscopic procedure on my left shoulder Friday, turned into a MAJOR open procedure rebuilding the shoulder. I have been stuck in the recliner on a lot of drugs since then. I decided to get up and around today, and happen to need to go into the gun safe for some of my normal meds. My 8+1 Bersa FireStorm was laying there on the shelf, (unloaded, with no magazine) beckoning me. I just had to "feel her up" for grins, as she just feels so good in the hand. While I was shamelessly fondling her with my good (right hand) I had an epiphany! With my left arm and hand stuck to my body in a tight sling, I was absolutely unable to rack a round if I had to! No leather belt on my jammy shorts to even grab the front sight to do the one handed rack a round emergency action drill that I learned as an LEO. I would have to use both slippered feet, on either side of the frame to try to hold it. That sucks!

That's the reason I left my CZ83 .380 out for HD. I figured the CZ83 pistol with 13+1 rounds was a better choice, giving me more rounds before I would have to do a reload that I could not do with the Firestorm.  It is loaded with 14 Buffalo Bore 90 gran JHP +Ps (with a round in the chamber and the hammer down) in its place on the closet shelf, should zombies, trolls, goblins, or raving insurrectionist appear at my door.

My 12 GA pump and AK (my usual HD weapons) are a no go for quite a while! Glad I shoot the CZ even better than the FireStorm!

Offline boatnut

Re: At least I have the CZ83 for HD while I re-coup...
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2016, 11:37:53 AM »
Sorry to hear about your shoulder complications.   Get well soon!  ;D

Offline AMM

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2016, 12:05:41 PM »
I hope you feel better soon.

My wife keeps a  close eye on me now when I  am on pain meds - after my knee replacement I was on oxycodone and Web ordered two new pistols I didn't really need... 

Hm, maybe this is an opportunity for you?  LOL
Kadet II
CZ 75 Shadow SAO
CZ 75 SP01 Shadow 1
455FS 22LR
457 Varmint MTR 22LR
457 Training 22LR
527FS 5.56x45

Offline bpnkrtn

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2016, 12:35:13 PM »
I hope you feel better soon.

My wife keeps a  close eye on me now when I  am on pain meds - after my knee replacement I was on oxycodone and Web ordered two new pistols I didn't really need... 

Hm, maybe this is an opportunity for you?  LOL

I tried that once ... she hid the pain meds ... took a lot of begging and a load of promises to get a pill (post ACL reconstruction).

Offline imarangemaster

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2016, 02:40:20 PM »
They started me on two Lortab (10mg Hydrocodone and 325 Tylenol in each) every 4 hours.  First few day I thought I was going to die, then it improved.  Now (day 7) I am doing one 7.5mg Hydrocone every 5 to 6 hours, and by tomorrow or the next day hope to be 5mg every 5-6 hours.  When I had my right shoulder rebuilt (all three tendons detached) in 2010, they gave me oxycodone for it.  Works a lot better than Lortab.  I wish I had it this time.

Dang, the older I get, the slower I heal!  Today my wife chauffeured my to my Real Estate office and dropped me off for a couple hours to check in and start gearing towards working next week. 

I stuck the CZ83 in the gun glove holster under my T-Shirt.  Since it is my left shoulder, I handle it OK.  I tried a couple of "presentations" to a one handed grip, and it felt fine.  I can shoot one handed "Wyatt Earp" style, if I have to.  When I shot Cowboy Action (SASS) for almost 20 years, I shot one handed "Duelist" and "Gunfighter" classes, so it is not that weird to me.  After all, when I started shooting handguns 53 years ago, we only shot one handed, anyway.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2016, 02:44:25 PM by imarangemaster »