Author Topic: Source for Pre B Waffle Grips?  (Read 4682 times)

Offline 87CZ75

Source for Pre B Waffle Grips?
« on: April 16, 2016, 04:14:53 AM »
I just bought a blued '81 Pre B (picking up from ffl tomorrow after work), and I am curious if there are any sources for the original waffle grips in plastic like would have come on this pistol.  The one I bought has some sort of after market wood grips on it atm.  I know CZ sells the aluminum waffle grip copies on their website, and I already have a pair of these beauties that I picked up for my '87 Pre B a year or two ago:
http://grips4u.net/product/cz-75-replacement-grips-checkered/

I just think it would be neat to have some original style plastic waffle grips on the pistol.  Thanks folks!

Eric

P.S. In case anyone is wondering which grips I mean:

Czechnology Collector

Offline Psyop96

Re: Source for Pre B Waffle Grips?
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2016, 07:14:43 AM »
Those 1981 blued pre-Bs are beauties! Congrats on the find.

Offline 87CZ75

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2016, 07:29:22 PM »
Those 1981 blued pre-Bs are beauties! Congrats on the find.

Thanks much!  Been trying to find an early one for years since I bought my '87 in my early 20's.
Czechnology Collector

Offline tcallre

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2016, 10:14:27 AM »
I put a pair of these reproductions on both my Pre B and my B Retro. I also bought a set of wood grips for my CZ 83. All were nice. These were good folks to deal with. http://vintagegungrips.net/ao-c62a.html

Official Disclaimer: tcallre may or may not own any and all firearms discussed in the last few years on this or any forums. tcallre may or may not possess knowledge or opinions offered on this or any forums discussed the last few years. In fact tcallre may be nothing but a posing imposter trying to fool people into thinking he may be a gun guy but may be or not be a staunch supporter of current or future Glorious Leader.

Offline Psyop96

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2016, 10:34:59 AM »
Thanks for posting. Nice looking trio. This is the website I was scratching my head trying to remember where I got a pair of burgundy colored, reproduction waffle grips on clearance. Definitely a different look! Sorry, I don't have a photo handy and am away from the collection at the present time.

Offline DarkLord

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2016, 04:05:08 PM »
Just a word on the old waffle grips. While they are cool, they do significantly increase the circumference of the grip frame and detract from the otherwise very good ergonomics.  I purchased a set of checkered G10 grips from LOK grips, which are very thin and the difference in feel is just amazing.  So these days my waffle grips are kinda for show, but I sure the heck don't shoot the gun with the waffle grips, they just feel like crap after a thin grip like the LOK G10's.  If you get the LOK G10's in black, they even look "right" for the gun. 

Offline Psyop96

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2016, 05:04:07 PM »
I would concur with not using the waffle grips for shooting, especially if they are original grips to preserve them.

Offline 87CZ75

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2016, 01:02:10 AM »
I put a pair of these reproductions on both my Pre B and my B Retro. I also bought a set of wood grips for my CZ 83. All were nice. These were good folks to deal with. http://vintagegungrips.net/ao-c62a.html

Thanks so much for posting that!  Was just what I was looking for.
Czechnology Collector

Offline tcallre

« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2016, 09:04:04 AM »

Thanks so much for posting that!  Was just what I was looking for.
No problem, I've always liked the old waffles. The vintage grip folks are always looking for obscure grips to make molds from and at the time I bought the waffles they were looking for CZ 75 thumb rest style grips. That is what came on my B Retro so I let them borrow them to make molds and they greatly discounted the CZ 83 wood grips. Like I said nice folks to buy from. Good luck in dressing up your pistol.

anything