Author Topic: New P-07 Trigger Pull  (Read 17540 times)

Offline mshane

New P-07 Trigger Pull
« on: April 28, 2016, 06:08:56 PM »
Just picked up my new P-07 from my FFL, I have to say this thing has the worst double action trigger pull I have ever felt.  And the SA leaves a little something to be desired also.  My P-01 and SP-01 Tactical were a whole lot better out of the box.  I'm pretty new to the CZ club and guess I thought the Omega trigger was supposed to be decent from the start and maybe I misunderstood that. I was going to wait to do anything to it for a little bit, do you guys think it will smooth out some after a few hundred rounds?  I see a bunch of people here swapping stuff out right a way so I guess maybe that is the way to go.  Like I said I'm new to this so suggestions are appreciated.
SP-01 Tactical / P-01 / Wesson ECO

Offline rbschneider1

Re: New P-07 Trigger Pull
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2016, 06:42:58 PM »
I agree on the out of the box feel. I did the "Bend Trigger Spring", "Smoothing Contact Points (Trigger, Hammer, Trigger Bar)", and "Dry Firing (+/- 500 times)". It smoothed out a lot better. Don't have a trigger gauge, but made a good difference on the actions.

Offline FakeCZName

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2016, 09:29:16 PM »
Shot mine for a while before I did any upgrades. But that 20# recoil spring had to go.

After installing CGW hammer and spring, short reset kit, FP and Fp spring and stainless rod and spring, it is now my favorite pistol. If you put in CGW parts, don't forget to put in CGW's extra strength sear spring.

Offline Joe L

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2016, 09:50:11 PM »
Yes, they can be a little rough at first.  They DO get better after a few rounds, I shot my P-09 a bunch before any CGW parts were available, and it got better.  You can put in a lighter hammer spring and that will help a bunch with nothing else.  I have too many rounds through the CGW guns, and I couldn't wait for the factory trigger to smooth out, so I gave up and put a CGW hammer in it after a week.  Trigger is perfect now in single action mode.  Still not silky smooth in double action but I don't spend much time there anyway.  The CGW hammer won't help double action.  Lighter springs will.

Joe
CZ-75B 9mm and Kadet, 97B"E", two P-09's, P-07, P-10C, P-10F, P-10S, MTR

Offline mshane

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2016, 09:54:23 PM »
Well I sprayed the heck out of it with lube and dry fired it a couple hundred times and will continue to do so for the next week or so.  Guess we'll see.  I did notice when I pull the trigger it's movement is left and back.  Is this a typical thing as I looked at my other two CZs an neither one of them do it.

Joe did I see you post something about a video of disassembly?  I am not a gunsmith and would like to learn to do some of this stuff myself rather than paying someone.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2016, 09:56:54 PM by mshane »

Offline Joe L

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2016, 10:10:20 PM »
CZ-75B 9mm and Kadet, 97B"E", two P-09's, P-07, P-10C, P-10F, P-10S, MTR

Offline mshane

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2016, 10:21:01 PM »
So I have been doing a little more digging on here.  When the hammer is down it is at the right slide of the frame, when I start to pull the trigger the hammer comes left and back.  If I don't pull the trigger hard enough to the partial back position like after being decocked it goes back down to the right side of the slide again.  If I pull the trigger several times slowly the hammer eventually seats directly in the middle of the slide but still moves left when the trigger is depressed.

Reading deadducks post about hammer alignment my experience is very similar.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2016, 10:32:57 PM by mshane »

Offline SI VIS PACEM PARRABELLUM

« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2016, 05:22:54 AM »
So I have been doing a little more digging on here.  When the hammer is down it is at the right slide of the frame, when I start to pull the trigger the hammer comes left and back.  If I don't pull the trigger hard enough to the partial back position like after being decocked it goes back down to the right side of the slide again.  If I pull the trigger several times slowly the hammer eventually seats directly in the middle of the slide but still moves left when the trigger is depressed.

Reading deadducks post about hammer alignment my experience is very similar.

Post a pic lets see how far off it is.

Offline nevada

« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2016, 02:28:15 PM »
I put in a hammer spring from an old spring kit without any poundage info on it, and the DA pull decreased dramatically. I recommend a lighter hammer spring weight. I tested different primers in empty cases (no bullets either, obviously) and all popped. I put in an 18 pound recoil spring but can't tell any difference from the stock 20lb spring. I will be going down a bit further with a glock 19 15lb spring to see how things go. I won't change any internal parts as it is embarrassing to take a bag of parts to the gunsmith.

Offline rbschneider1

« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2016, 02:57:36 PM »
mshane - "I pull the trigger it's movement is left and back"

I get the same/similar thing happening (new CZ P-07 Gen), more noticeable when hammer is half-cocked/DeCocked -

Video 1:

Video 2:

I don't feel or see any rubbing of the hammer on the frame or slide. Doesn't seen to affect anything with the function of the gun.

Offline FakeCZName

« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2016, 03:05:12 PM »
mshane: If the DA pull really bugs you, the CGW fix for that is an enlarged roller--there are two sizes to choose from. You will need to talk to David at Cajun Gun Works to see which one is right for your P-07.

Offline mshane

« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2016, 03:59:14 PM »
mshane - "I pull the trigger it's movement is left and back"

I get the same/similar thing happening (new CZ P-07 Gen), more noticeable when hammer is half-cocked/DeCocked -

Video 1:

Video 2:

I don't feel or see any rubbing of the hammer on the frame or slide. Doesn't seen to affect anything with the function of the gun.

Mine is just the opposite, when it's decocked it comes straight back but when it's down all the way like after a trigger pull then it does what your first video shows.  I talked to CZ customer service and they want me to send in the gun so I guess I will.  It is just brushing the slide when it's in the full down position.  I called another guy I know today and had him check his and he said hammer is centered and there is no movement besides straight back.  It may not have any consequence but my OCD saw that hammer kicking left the first time I pulled the trigger and so I checked the P-01 and the SP-01 and neither are like that.  I guess I just expected it to be right since it's brand new.  Maybe I'm just being too picky but it is brand new.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2016, 04:00:59 PM by mshane »

Offline Cyanide

« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2016, 04:02:10 PM »
Now granted, mine was worked on by CZ Custom, but the main modification when they converted my P-07 to DAO was a 13# mainspring. They also did some polishing of the internals and when all was said and done, what remained was a very nice,  smooth 6.5# pull.

Offline mshane

« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2016, 04:04:51 PM »
mshane: If the DA pull really bugs you, the CGW fix for that is an enlarged roller--there are two sizes to choose from. You will need to talk to David at Cajun Gun Works to see which one is right for your P-07.

Yeah the guy I talked to about his G2 P-07 said the 220 roller is the one he used and it really smoothed out the DA.  I am following that other thread about what parts to get and Rutherford 2 suggested the following:

CGW short reset kit
18# hammer spring if defensive/carry, 15# if range only
Reduced power trigger return spring
If your stock DA roller is rolling and not skipping/grinding, keep it. (friend said the 220)

Price wise that's pretty reasonable for what would hopefully really smooth it out and lighten it up. 

Offline rbschneider1

« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2016, 04:20:24 PM »
mshane - be sure to keep us updated on what CZ-USA does to the gun. I may have to send mine back to them.