Author Topic: Bren ACR Stock Commitment  (Read 45208 times)

Offline Gunman9

Re: Bren ACR Stock Commitment
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2016, 05:49:48 PM »
Remember we need 9 more commitments to start the production of the adapter. Without those there will be no adapters. You can commit to more than one adapter.

Offline BEE

« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2016, 11:31:54 PM »
If you can supply a brand new ACR stock as well for $165 or so I would be little more comfortable in committing to an adapter and the stock. Never know if the the company making the stocks will actually meet the June/July deadline nor have the time to scrounge through the private market on the web for a used one. I don't want to be left with just a paper weight..

Offline Gunman9

« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2016, 08:13:12 AM »
If you can supply a brand new ACR stock as well for $165 or so I would be little more comfortable in committing to an adapter and the stock. Never know if the the company making the stocks will actually meet the June/July deadline nor have the time to scrounge through the private market on the web for a used one. I don't want to be left with just a paper weight..

I understand. I can't make any promises. I'm not a dealer or anything and we get the stocks just like anyone else by calling bushmaster and ordering them. I know Lucky Irish just ordered 10 from bushmaster so they have had some recently. Best bet is to give them a call. From my understanding is when they make them they produce them in small batches.

Offline TATBME

« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2016, 10:06:03 AM »

I understand. I can't make any promises. I'm not a dealer or anything and we get the stocks just like anyone else by calling bushmaster and ordering them. I know Lucky Irish just ordered 10 from bushmaster so they have had some recently. Best bet is to give them a call. From my understanding is when they make them they produce them in small batches.
I think that is what has people worried. If we commit to the adapter and we can't find the stocks we're stuck with it, if we go ahead and buy the stock and you don't make the adapters we're stuck with it. I personally would rather pay up front for the stock from the manufacturer of the adapter, that way we are both committed.

Offline Gunman9

« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2016, 12:43:25 PM »

I think that is what has people worried. If we commit to the adapter and we can't find the stocks we're stuck with it, if we go ahead and buy the stock and you don't make the adapters we're stuck with it. I personally would rather pay up front for the stock from the manufacturer of the adapter, that way we are both committed.

Unfortunately that's not an option at the moment. The adapters won't be ready for 3 months more than likely. That's plenty of time to find a stock. But I understand what you are saying. Just know that when the adapters are run there will only be a run of the number committed to. So if you buy a stock with the intention of getting an adapter later on after the commitments reach 20 or more it won't happen on es the final production order goes in. We currently only need 9 more commitments.

Offline TATBME

« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2016, 04:52:18 PM »
I think you should go over to a different website to get some more sales, so we can get the ball rolling  ;).

Offline BEE

« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2016, 05:28:16 PM »
^ Calguns.net is worth shot. I know a few there have a Bren including myself.

Offline TATBME

« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2016, 05:38:48 PM »
I have a CZ thread in arfcom, I can post the Facebook link there if you send it to me.

Offline Gunman9

« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2016, 01:53:02 PM »
Here is the FB group link for anyone that wants it. Feel free to share:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/229704837408125/

Offline BEE

« Reply #24 on: May 10, 2016, 02:03:58 PM »
Looks like the "CZ 805 Bren" group with the main pinned post for the ACR adapter got shut down..

Offline Gunman9

« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2016, 02:29:03 PM »
Looks like the "CZ 805 Bren" group with the main pinned post for the ACR adapter got shut down..

No the guy running the page banned everyone because he got butt hurt about it. I started a new group. Join up if you want to commit:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/229704837408125/

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: May 10, 2016, 11:34:48 PM »
That is unfortunate. We ban people here for real reasons, not because we get upset. I left the Scorpion FB page because of the out of control nature of it. I try to maintain the CZF FB page the same way we manage here, and so far, so good.

Offline HBi

• HB Industries
« Reply #27 on: May 11, 2016, 12:54:54 AM »
Our hats are off to Lucky Irishman Firearms for tackling this one for all the 805 Bren owners out there! Go Lucky Irish!

One thing to note is that (in our experience) the ACR stock likes to hit the brass deflector on the 805 receiver when it is folded (stock does not lock closed). Lucky Irishman might need to supply a new deflector, or users might need to modify/re-shape their plastic factory deflectors (only $4 from CZ-USA!). We still need to try shooting the rifle with the deflector removed, it should function alright, but does look a bit funky. The ACR stock is (in our experience) ergonomically perfect for the Bren+AR optics though... To the point where some shooters may not even bother folding it; even if the stock was fixed it would still be a great option. Again, hats off to Lucky Irish for making this happen!

I do not have any pictures of the stock/deflector interference, but here is how we had the stock mounted a while ago:

Offline TATBME

« Reply #28 on: May 11, 2016, 09:18:39 AM »
 ;D Can we get more pics please, one with the stock unfolded. That is dead sexy.

Offline BEE

« Reply #29 on: May 11, 2016, 12:48:26 PM »
Nice! Yea I would like to see pics of it unfolded as well.