Author Topic: Recontoured CZ 75 Shadow  (Read 2298 times)

Offline bigdave24

Recontoured CZ 75 Shadow
« on: May 03, 2016, 09:27:39 AM »
Recontoured the frame of my competition CZ 75 Shadow SA.  I undercut and rounded the trigger guard, undercut the beavertail, opened up the magwell, Cerakoted in black, placed a Rami style safety, ground down the slide lock (still needs refinish), placed a CGW bushing and Scale grips.  Basically did everything to try to get as high a grip as possible.  So far I?m pleased with the results.

Offline M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
Re: Recontoured CZ 75 Shadow
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2016, 09:44:52 AM »
You're braver than I am.  I started (lost interest) working on a Glock frame because they don't fit my hand for beans. 

Plastic barn door guns are one thing to mess up.  If I had a nice shooting CZ I don't think I'd have the nerve to do similar material removal on a metal frame gun.

Looks good though.  Can you feel a difference in recoil with the gun dropped down in your hand some?
I just keep wasting time and money on other brands trying to find/make one shoot like my P07 and P09.  What is wrong with me?

Offline fastlane604

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2016, 11:03:02 AM »
Sweet. Did you use a dremel or something else to make the mods? That looks like the CZ Custom extended safety in the first picture.  I really like mine. Why did you go to the Rami safety?

Offline Earl Keese

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2016, 11:59:01 AM »
Nice! I'm ready to start reconfiguring the frame on my Pre-b.

Offline bigdave24

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2016, 05:22:04 PM »
Just used a dremel.  Started with a  stone and ended with a sanding drum and 240 grit.  No need for a mirror like finish since it's blasted before the cerakote anyway.  I put on the extended safety and liked it initially.  But when I wanted to change my grip and hold the gun as high as I could it interfered.  The Rami safety is like it's not there.  The tradeoff is it's probably not as quick to take the safety off.  I definitely feel I control the recoil better with the higher grip.

Offline fastlane604

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2016, 05:59:47 PM »
Just used a dremel.  Started with a  stone and ended with a sanding drum and 240 grit.  No need for a mirror like finish since it's blasted before the cerakote anyway.  I put on the extended safety and liked it initially.  But when I wanted to change my grip and hold the gun as high as I could it interfered.  The Rami safety is like it's not there.  The tradeoff is it's probably not as quick to take the safety off.  I definitely feel I control the recoil better with the higher grip.

Did you hold your thumb above the paddle on the extended safety?

Offline bigdave24

« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2016, 07:32:40 PM »
Yes,  but the extended safety interfered with my getting my weak hand as high on the gun as I wanted to.

anything