Author Topic: Drill Bit for Welded Trigger Pack - Pay it Forward  (Read 133454 times)

Offline HBi

• HB Industries
Drill Bit for Welded Trigger Pack - Pay it Forward
« on: May 19, 2016, 09:08:52 PM »
If you have purchased a Scorpion in 2016, there is a good chance that your trigger pack has the dreaded "welded screw". We would like to circulate TWO drill bits so that forum members looking to install 922r components or other trigger pack parts can get their welded screws removed with as little effort as possible. The only rule in this game is that once you take possession of a drill bit, you are expected to use it in a timely manner and cover the cost of shipping to the next person in line.

Please just post with what number in line you are (ie: "I need the drill #1", "I need the drill #2").

Here is a link to the actual drill bit, there is a video too: https://hbindustries.net/store/shop/carbide-drill-for-scorpion-trigger-pack/

Thanks!

06/30/16 - Please note that when shipping these between users they need to be packaged fairly well... maybe a small flat rate USPS box or a large mailer envelope with a lot of padding. Here is the reason:
Carbide is VERY HARD, but also VERY BRITTLE. It is not a coating or metal treatment, it is a type of material. It might help to think of other materials like glass, ceramic, or porcelain; obviously not quite the same, but the principle of "hard but brittle" still applies. The bits that we use and are recommending have a carbide tip on them, the shank is steel. So, if they are dropped or hammered on, the tip could crack/break just like a ceramic coffee cup. The reason for the steel shank is that it is not brittle, and allows for mis-alignment and does provide the flex needed when using a hand drill. Again, imagine trying to drill a hole with a glass drill bit... if not held perfectly straight the bit would shatter. So, these bits are combining the properties of steel and carbide to give us a tool that works very well for this application.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2016, 12:53:35 PM by HBi »

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
Re: Drill Bit for Welded Trigger Pack - Pay it Forward
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2016, 09:24:17 PM »
That's awesome! Rock and roll, guys, and a BIG thank you to HBi!!!

Offline Randoogler

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2016, 11:14:36 PM »
You beat me to it! I was thinking about doing the same thing this morning. As soon as my FFL gets my scorpion the first thing I was going to check was for the weld and order the bit. Planned on posting this same idea when I was finished as your website suggests paying it forward. Now that's customer service!

Offline Spearjunkie

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2016, 12:52:56 AM »
I have a couple 3/16 carbide bits I would be willing to add to this as well. I used it on the NASA gorilla weld that was on mine!

Offline Dhenry360

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2016, 12:59:26 AM »
That's very generous of you. I have the HBI spring and trigger but the drill bit was out of stock at the time. I would like to use the drill bit and have no problem covering shipping to whomever needs it.

Offline Spearjunkie

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2016, 01:02:28 AM »
Email me your address to spearjunkie@yahoo.com and I'll get it out tomorrow or today I should say.

Offline Dhenry360

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2016, 01:06:10 AM »
Will do  and again thank you kindly. It is much appreciated.

Offline rogueshot

« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2016, 10:12:21 AM »
I would like to get in line for the drill bit as well. I just received my new HBI trigger, spring kit.

I need the drill #2

Offline Spearjunkie

« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2016, 01:26:12 PM »
DHenry

It was shipped today!

Offline HBi

• HB Industries
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2016, 05:19:29 PM »
Rogueshot - Drill shipped and tracking info emailed. Thanks!

Still have one more of these if anyone else needs to drill some trigger pack welds :-)

Offline funkeruski

« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2016, 05:23:55 PM »
I'll borrow the second one if you still have it.

Offline HBi

• HB Industries
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2016, 05:37:58 PM »
funkeruski - One drill bit heading your way! PM'd you tracking :-)

Offline The_Tonka

« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2016, 06:08:27 PM »
I'd like to get in line as well if possible for #3. Just picked up my Scorpion (first CZ anything) yesterday and wanting to go ahead and start tinkering. Is there any videos out there that shows you how to do it besides the HB one?

Offline funkeruski

« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2016, 08:28:44 PM »
funkeruski - One drill bit heading your way! PM'd you tracking :-)

10-4. I'll drill mine out and send it out to the next guy....or girl. Appreciate y'all doing this.

Offline Dhenry360

« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2016, 10:26:39 PM »
DHenry

It was shipped today!
Thank you again for the generosity.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

anything