Author Topic: Drill Bit for Welded Trigger Pack - Pay it Forward  (Read 134307 times)

Offline omnidj

Re: Drill Bit for Welded Trigger Pack - Pay it Forward
« Reply #210 on: February 09, 2017, 06:08:07 PM »
I don't know who is in charge of this list, but I went ahead and ordered the bit from HBI, and drilled mine out today. So now I have a bit to pass on to others. I also have a replacement machine screw, since this drilling process tends to booger up the stock screw. Contact me and we can make arrangements.
By the way, the HB bit chews through that weld like butter. I tried a HSS bit and it was a real
PITA. The old saying applies, "Right tool for the right job"

Offline init_dot_t

« Reply #211 on: February 18, 2017, 09:32:41 PM »
If one of these are still available I would greatly appreciate the use of one of these! Thank you!

Offline Bac

« Reply #212 on: February 20, 2017, 05:49:53 PM »
If one is available I would like to borrow a bit for the welded trigger pack screw.
Thank You!

Offline ShootersElement

• www.ShootersElement.com
    • Shooters Element
« Reply #213 on: February 23, 2017, 03:13:56 PM »
If anyone has questions or needs help on getting their welded screw taken care of, I've done dozens of these for my customers and I'm happy to help.

Holler at me if you have questions (I don't mind sharing tips I've picked up along the way).
CZ Scorpion accessories

www.ShootersElement.com

Like us on Facebook:www.facebook.com/ShootersElement
Check us out on Instagram:https://www.instagram.com/shooters_element

Offline Batt 57

« Reply #214 on: March 08, 2017, 01:17:04 PM »
Is this list still active?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline FightClub

« Reply #215 on: March 09, 2017, 03:37:13 PM »
I just got two sets of springs from HBi, and would like to be a part of this movement.  :o

Offline HBi

• HB Industries
« Reply #216 on: March 27, 2017, 02:05:08 PM »
Reviving this thread a bit... New drill bit in transit to FightClub now. We also included a handful of replacement screws :-)

Offline FightClub

« Reply #217 on: March 27, 2017, 06:09:33 PM »
HBi = AWESOME!

Offline xINKx

« Reply #218 on: May 14, 2017, 01:52:09 AM »
Just signed up here, didn't see this thread and I bought all my upgrades from HBI, but everytime I was on the site the drill bit kit was out of stock, and when I finally got the email it already said out of stock again.  I ended up buying the trigger pack hardware kit that comes with the bolt you need to replace, since that is always in stock.

So if anyone needs a drill bit real quick that doesn't like waiting, or isn't even a member here seeing this thread, Go to Home Depot. Cheap and comes with 2. Took 10 seconds for the bolt head to come right off. No damage at all to anything

« Last Edit: May 14, 2017, 01:57:15 AM by xINKx »

Offline Kraftwerk

« Reply #219 on: June 16, 2017, 10:35:38 AM »
sort of a random question, but I did the HBI trigger spring kit a few weeks ago, I wanted to see if maybe I just got lucky or some thing is/was wrong but the little torx screw that needs to be drilled out was not welded in mine, and it looked like the end of the screw inside the trigger pack was some plastic/glue like substance on the end of it that was cone shaped?  I just used a longer torx screw driver that I had and it came undone with minimal effort. I put the screw back in place after the trigger kit was installed and it tightened right up it seems. The metal pack that the screw goes into only has a few threads on it. but everything seems tight..

Offline Spearjunkie

« Reply #220 on: June 17, 2017, 12:39:41 AM »
sort of a random question, but I did the HBI trigger spring kit a few weeks ago, I wanted to see if maybe I just got lucky or some thing is/was wrong but the little torx screw that needs to be drilled out was not welded in mine, and it looked like the end of the screw inside the trigger pack was some plastic/glue like substance on the end of it that was cone shaped?  I just used a longer torx screw driver that I had and it came undone with minimal effort. I put the screw back in place after the trigger kit was installed and it tightened right up it seems. The metal pack that the screw goes into only has a few threads on it. but everything seems tight..

You got lucky and received one that didn't have a welded nut on it.

Offline CaptJager

« Reply #221 on: June 26, 2017, 04:46:19 PM »
My pistol I just got wasnt welded either, my Carbine I got in 2016 was the weld from hell.

Offline KGX

« Reply #222 on: June 27, 2017, 10:09:38 PM »
Yep - just got my pistol a month ago and discovered that it didn't have the welded screw either

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Offline MP5Guy

« Reply #223 on: August 08, 2017, 09:35:38 AM »
Just got mine and it appears to have been existing inventory - I have the forsaken welded trigger screw. About stripped it before I remembered this was a thing. Anyone have one of those drill bits floating around that could be shipped? I have an HBi trigger and spring pack with no way to get it in :(

Offline FightClub

« Reply #224 on: November 04, 2017, 12:48:23 PM »
Confession time: HBi sent me the new drill bit, and some extra screws. When I was getting ready to sell my house, they ended up in storage. I have them available now, if anyone still needs them.