Author Topic: "New" CGW/Dawson P-07/09 Trijicon Sights  (Read 2527 times)

Offline Joe L

Re: "New" CGW/Dawson P-07/09 Trijicon Sights
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2016, 01:40:30 PM »
I installed my new CGW/Dawson sights on my P-07 pistol on Wednesday morning and shot it Wednesday evening.  The sights went in perfectly after removing the factory front sight using a little heat and the Springer Precision red dot mount in the rear.  Heights seem fine to me, but I haven't shot my normal match ammo or JHP defensive rounds, only WWB.  I'm very happy with the sight set.

Joe
CZ-75B 9mm and Kadet, several SIG P226's, AR-15, Savage 308 bolt gun,

Offline FiReBReTHa

« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2016, 02:04:48 PM »
For p07 folks are you getting a holdover or are the sights lollipop?

Offline Joe L

« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2016, 10:19:26 PM »
For p07 folks are you getting a holdover or are the sights lollipop?

I don't understand the questions exactly, but my P-07 is hitting slightly high with the ammo I've tried, when using a target sight alignment--top of front sight centered on target center.  But only an inch or so at 25 yards, with 115 gr ammo. 

Joe
CZ-75B 9mm and Kadet, several SIG P226's, AR-15, Savage 308 bolt gun,

Offline Baldman

« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2016, 01:38:40 PM »
Just ordered mine this morning and received the email with a tracking number.  They should arrive on Thursday, can't wait to get them on the P 09.

Offline Joey donuts

« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2016, 07:29:37 AM »
Is anyone bluing or treating the exposed metal after fitting? Quite a lot of metal was removed, and I'm concerned about rusting. Do you guys use anything other than oil? I like the sights, but was surprised at how much fitting was needed.

Offline Jmill79

« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2016, 09:55:42 PM »
Is anyone bluing or treating the exposed metal after fitting? Quite a lot of metal was removed, and I'm concerned about rusting. Do you guys use anything other than oil? I like the sights, but was surprised at how much fitting was needed.

This, any thoughts?  I have to say, Ive done Glocks, M&P's and even the Shield was far easier to get on than this rear was.  I touched mine up with a little magic marker but am curious about a more permanent solution.

Offline mithrils

« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2016, 02:18:14 AM »
How much fitting does this require? Anyone tried the fiber optic ones?

Offline tamlin

« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2016, 01:02:30 PM »

This, any thoughts?  I have to say, Ive done Glocks, M&P's and even the Shield was far easier to get on than this rear was.  I touched mine up with a little magic marker but am curious about a more permanent solution.

I've been using cold blue on the exposed metal after fitting sights.  I've done this on 4 or 5 sights and only one of them shows what looks like a thin film of brownish rust, though that may just be the cold blue reacting differently on that particular sight?

Offline Joey donuts

« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2016, 05:24:00 PM »
Getting ready to install my sights all fitted and blued, should I put them in dry or oil them? Not sure first set I have done myself. Thanks for the help guys.

Offline MikeLW

« Reply #24 on: June 27, 2016, 08:10:23 PM »
Getting ready to install my sights all fitted and blued, should I put them in dry or oil them? Not sure first set I have done myself. Thanks for the help guys.

I've installed a dozen but not on my P-07. Oil sounds like a good idea, especially if you have to back out for more fitting.

Offline Baldman

« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2016, 07:56:30 AM »
Anyone having an issue with shooting very low with the new sights?  I had a gunsmith put them on and at the range this weekend took my normal sight picture and was hitting 6 -7 inches low on everything.  In order to hit where I w2anted to I had to tilt the muzzle upward.  Any thoughts on what it may be?

Me
Sights not installed properly
Poor ammo ( I used federal 115 gr for the 1st time)

Thanks

Offline doitbby

« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2016, 10:40:52 AM »
Mine shot low also, but only  2 inches low at 10 yards. I bought the shorter front from Dawson and it's perfect now, 6 o'clock hold
« Last Edit: August 10, 2016, 05:36:47 PM by doitbby »

Offline brianjkeene

« Reply #27 on: August 12, 2016, 11:30:04 PM »
Subbed.  I am interested in these sights but wondering which sight picture will be required.

Offline anotero

« Reply #28 on: March 18, 2017, 01:53:51 PM »
Bought the Dawson night sights for my P-07. Installation was a pain in the ass for both the front and the rear. The front was wider than the factory front by about .13 mm, which is a whole lot. The rear was quite wide as well. A lot of filing was done. I was also shipped the wrong set screw for the front -- I received a very short one that when screwed in just falls through and is nearly impossible to get out afterwards. Honestly, given the existence digitally controlled CNC mills and computerized production processes, you would think these would be better fits out-of-the-box, without the need for extensive filing and overall alterations before mounting.

As far as shooting goes, due to the front sight being noticeably thinner than the notch in the rear one, azimuth dispersion is greater than for the stock three dot sights. Also it seems like the new sights (due to the front one) require more effort to place an accurate shot -- stiffer arms and more intense staring before pulling the trigger. Could just be me.

Overall, my personal experience with Dawson does not live up to the hype.

Offline FiReBReTHa

« Reply #29 on: March 18, 2017, 02:05:12 PM »
Bought the Dawson night sights for my P-07. Installation was a pain in the ass for both the front and the rear. The front was wider than the factory front by about .13 mm, which is a whole lot. The rear was quite wide as well. A lot of filing was done. I was also shipped the wrong set screw for the front -- I received a very short one that when screwed in just falls through and is nearly impossible to get out afterwards. Honestly, given the existence digitally controlled CNC mills and computerized production processes, you would think these would be better fits out-of-the-box, without the need for extensive filing and overall alterations before mounting.

As far as shooting goes, due to the front sight being noticeably thinner than the notch in the rear one, azimuth dispersion is greater than for the stock three dot sights. Also it seems like the new sights (due to the front one) require more effort to place an accurate shot -- stiffer arms and more intense staring before pulling the trigger. Could just be me.

Overall, my personal experience with Dawson does not live up to the hype.

did you notice any difference of point of aim?

Was your P07 a lollipop holdover before/after? etc.

anything