Author Topic: P-07, My First CZ  (Read 1570 times)

Offline MikeLW

P-07, My First CZ
« on: June 01, 2016, 08:45:34 PM »
My first CZ but I've been a big fan for a while. I have 2 Canik / Tristar CZ clones that are my favorite range pistols. I've been looking at the gen 1 CZ P-07 for a couple years at Academy and I just recently learned about the gen 2. Academy had one in the safe so I brought it home Monday. Took it to the range after work Tuesday. I already loved looking at this gun and playing with it but after shooting it, I can't believe how soft it shoots. It's easy to make tight groups fast at 20 yards. The DA is not bad but the SA is pretty awesome already.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2016, 08:51:43 PM by MikeLW »

Offline Winkel

Re: P-07, My First CZ
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2016, 10:07:45 PM »
Those are great guns.  I don't shoot mine as well as I shoot my full sized CZs but I love it regardless.

Do some searching here and you'll find a lot of tips on how to smooth the action and reduce the double action pull.  Joel has posted several videos showing disassembly and reassembly of the fire control group.

These Omega trigger systems are pretty easy to tune up.

Congrats!

Offline wdbutcher

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2016, 10:43:22 PM »
Congratulations!  I'm hoping to have a P-07 next week :)
« Last Edit: June 01, 2016, 10:45:16 PM by wdbutcher »

Offline deadduck357

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2016, 09:11:22 PM »
Congrats. Pretty pleased with mine.

Offline MikeLW

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2016, 09:29:19 PM »
Thanks Guys! I'm ready to put a lot more rounds through it. Gonna start looking for a holster too. It's funny, I have a leather Glock 26 holster and a Kydex Glock 19 holster that has worked OK enough on several kinds and sizes of pistols. However, I have nothing that comes close to kinda working for the P-07.

Offline oldfrank

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2016, 12:41:13 PM »
Great first gun choice. I have several other CZ's but I like and seem to shoot the P-07 best.

I Like http://www.blackpointtactical.com/ and http://www.giholsters.com/product-p/hst1400.htm for holsters but their are many choices.

Offline whitecap

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2016, 02:17:04 PM »
First off, Welcome. The main P07/09 threads first listing is for holsters that fit both. I use the ones from Walmart, BackHawk or Allen. Both are ambi and have an extra mag holder. Can be used with or without the retention strap. The price is much more friendly for me as well. Secondly, now you have really done it. You purchased your first CZ. Well buddy hold on because now it's on!!! They shoot great right out of the box, but wait, there's more. These pistols are just begging to be upgraded to what would be a pistol priced out of reach for most. But wait, there's more. Most of this upgrading is covered in this thread with LOTS of videos for the DIY'er. They never warn you beforehand on buying a CZ. Enjoy ;D

Offline MikeLW

« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2016, 03:44:15 PM »
oldfrank, Thanks for the links. I'll check them out again.

whitecap, Thanks for the welcome. Yea, I think I know about the addiction. I've been window shopping online every night. I also took some money to town today but I spent too much P-07 time at the range to follow up with a LGS visit. I did go in the range pro shop snooping around though. They have a CZ 17HMR target rifle on clearance but I'd rather have a 22.

Offline MikeLW

« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2016, 07:01:00 PM »

Had a great time at the range today so now it's had about 500 rounds. Got a new light for it.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2016, 09:05:48 PM by MikeLW »