Author Topic: RAMI RECOIL SPRING  (Read 6579 times)

Offline kkborre

Re: RAMI RECOIL SPRING
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2017, 10:05:24 AM »
I had various failure to feed problems when my Rami BD was new.  Sent it back to CZ, had it back in record time and it has been perfect ever since.  Let them take a look at it.
"May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?"

Offline JoeSig

« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2017, 02:28:54 PM »
Vinney is right, some guns actually thrive on a little hotter ammo.

Examples of this are the Beretta Nano and the smaller 9MM Kimbers.

Sellier & Bellot ammo supposedly runs a little hotter like NATO [NATO is near equivalent of +P]

If I can find it, I'll use the Winchester white box NATO rounds for target, but mostly just UMC, Remington green box sat the range.

A good clean & lube is 1st step - it eliminates at least that variable if you are having issues with a new gun.

Also locking your wrist while firing - some short-barreled autos need a really firm grip / locked wrist or the whole FTE / FTL issue can be a problem. I have one such Para Ordinance that is the most problematic if the wrist / grip is not really tight - hold it tight and it blows the

Not sure how the RAMI 9MM is with this yet [just bought it]. Sig Sauer's smaller guns tend to be more forgiving as far as grip hold - just my experience.

Offline SteveR2013

« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2017, 11:16:30 PM »
Ihave had no problems with my BD eating any standard pressure ammo. For practice at the range I have used all kinds of FMJ ammo.

Offline C. Andrew Dunning

« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2017, 04:26:00 PM »
I've got a little under 1100 rounds through my RAMI and, from reading this, it might appear as if feed issues I'm experiencing might be related to a tiring recoil spring.  So...my questions...:

1)  Is the recommended 1000-round change documented anywhere?  Or, is this something owners have simply learned over the years?

2)  CGW has the whole assembly for $15US.  Their site says it is OEM.  A DPM is listed on ebay for $82US.  Might any of you be willing to share feedback on either - in terms of performance and/or longevity?  Obviously, the latter is tempting if it does, indeed, last 5 times longer than the former.

Thanks!

Offline Vinny

« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2017, 10:30:41 PM »
I've got a little under 1100 rounds through my RAMI and, from reading this, it might appear as if feed issues I'm experiencing might be related to a tiring recoil spring.  So...my questions...:

1)  Is the recommended 1000-round change documented anywhere?  Or, is this something owners have simply learned over the years?

2)  CGW has the whole assembly for $15US.  Their site says it is OEM.  A DPM is listed on ebay for $82US.  Might any of you be willing to share feedback on either - in terms of performance and/or longevity?  Obviously, the latter is tempting if it does, indeed, last 5 times longer than the former.

Thanks!
The only 'official' recoil spring replacement guidelines I've gotten was from CZUSA's Parts department. They said the outer spring wears faster, and could need replacing anywhere from 500 to 1000 rounds. The smaller diameter inner spring doesn't wear as fast; so I've just replaced the outer a couple of times and will replace both outer and inner every 3rd replacement. YMMV depending upon the ammo you're running; but if the brass starts flying farther or the slide is not returning completely into battery (and thus not completely chambering the round); it's probably a weak recoil spring. I use OEM springs and have no opinion on DPM.

Not sure I understand the 'feed issues' you're experiencing, is this something new? Is the round loading but not fully chambering? Has anything else been changed, like ammo or magazines? Failures to feed can be caused by a variety of issues. IMO magazines are the most common cause. Ammo that's too long or some aggressively shaped defensive rounds can be another. But yes, if the recoil spring is weak; it can throw off the timing.
"Fear is a reaction, Courage is a decision"
"Carpe Diem"

« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2017, 11:17:01 PM »
Not sure I understand the 'feed issues' you're experiencing, is this something new? Is the round loading but not fully chambering? Has anything else been changed, like ammo or magazines? Failures to feed can be caused by a variety of issues. IMO magazines are the most common cause.

Given rounds will feed partially into the chamber - but not straight in.   They'll feed in at an angle and will jam - not unlike a bus or truck taking a corner too sharply and getting stuck.

While I might remember a round doing this early on, ammunition from certain manufacturers now cause feed malfunctions pretty regularly, now.  That of other brands works beautifully.

I did try 3 different magazines (2 10s and a 14) and got the same result.

Offline Vinny

« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2017, 11:46:21 PM »
Not sure I understand the 'feed issues' you're experiencing, is this something new? Is the round loading but not fully chambering? Has anything else been changed, like ammo or magazines? Failures to feed can be caused by a variety of issues. IMO magazines are the most common cause.

Given rounds will feed partially into the chamber - but not straight in.   They'll feed in at an angle and will jam - not unlike a bus or truck taking a corner too sharply and getting stuck.

While I might remember a round doing this early on, ammunition from certain manufacturers now cause feed malfunctions pretty regularly, now.  That of other brands works beautifully.

Seems like you've eliminated magazines as the cause; so most likely weak recoil spring and/or ammo. RAMI should not be ammo sensitive unless it's oversize or aggressively shaped defensive rounds. For example I've had some issues with 147gr being too long. Otherwise; replacing $5 outer spring or $15 recoil spring assembly should answer the question. Is brass flying farther? Does it feel like the recoil spring is not returning the slide to battery firmly
"Fear is a reaction, Courage is a decision"
"Carpe Diem"

Offline Nick1946

« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2017, 01:01:01 PM »
I was browsing for the RAMI outer recoil spring and noticed CZ's website says out of stock.  I went to the Midway site and they have them available for $6.49 if anyone is interested.  Just a FYI.

« Reply #23 on: August 04, 2017, 04:31:21 PM »
Seems like you've eliminated magazines as the cause...

Now that my RAMI is back from visiting The Mother Ship, I think the recoil spring solution might have been a red herring.  They polished the extractor, breach face lead in, firing pin hole, and feed ramp.  I've now run multiple boxes of the "problem" ammo through the pistol w/o issue.

Offline Ruber

RAMI RECOIL SPRING
« Reply #24 on: August 04, 2017, 05:11:13 PM »
Very glad that worked out for you. 

We need to sticky a thread on potential RAMI break in issues and possible solutions like there is in the SP01 section.

Offline tact

« Reply #25 on: August 04, 2017, 06:30:42 PM »
Very glad that worked out for you. 

We need to sticky a thread on potential RAMI break in issues and possible solutions like there is in the SP01 section.
Very good idea!

« Reply #26 on: August 04, 2017, 07:09:57 PM »
We need to sticky a thread on potential RAMI break in issues and possible solutions...

IMO, a fantastic idea.

Offline Rem 3200

« Reply #27 on: August 22, 2017, 09:13:33 AM »

I was having the same issue  :'(  and fixed it by going to stronger magazine springs. That way I know the new round is sitting all the way up in the feed lips and is a straight in shot to chamber properly. I am know at 1360 rounds without any problems.  :)  :)  :)
CSM, U.S. Army (Ret),  1963-1990