Author Topic: USPSA Classification Queation  (Read 1121 times)

Offline Scarlett Pistol

USPSA Classification Queation
« on: June 14, 2016, 09:53:33 PM »
In my first match with a USPSA membership ID there were only 3 of us shooting production. I got a 83% on my classifier for production. While the two other shooters were B class, one of them took second overall - including A class limited shooters. I know my current level of skill is C class. I've read the rules but need some guidance.

Will USPSA discount this classifier score since there were only three production shooters? If so does the classification of the other shooters play a roll or their overall scores? Or will the rolling 4 average work everything out? Or does something else happen? Thanks in advance!

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

"In God I trust. All others must supply data."

Offline Wideload

Re: USPSA Classification Queation
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2016, 10:46:02 PM »
USPSA will use the Hit Factor from your score and compare it to the High Hit factor for the Classifier in their database to calculate the National percentage.  Once you get 4 classifier scores in the USPSA database for a Division, you will get a Classification.

« Last Edit: June 14, 2016, 10:58:38 PM by Wideload »
A-1 Dinsintegrating Pistol
Illudium Q36 Explosive Space Modulator

Offline skippyaz

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2016, 10:49:33 PM »
Since the classifiers are a national (international?) ranking, I don't think it matters how many shooters were in the match. They rank you against other USPSA members overall.

Offline 1SOW

• GO GREEN - Recycle 9MM
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2016, 12:30:52 AM »
What they said.  The Classifiers are National "stages" scored competing against all USPSA members.  You can compete as the only Production class shooter at your local match.

Offline RenegadeDave

• Pontificating on the Process
    • My Youtube Page!
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2016, 05:27:01 AM »
Go to www.classifiercalc.com and upload your hit factor and it should let you know how it will stack up nationally.  If you are C class and shot an 83 nationally you are a monstrous sand bagger or you had a really good day.  M starts at 85

Sent from an iDevice.  Please forgive any grammatical or spelling errors.  If the post doesn't make sense or is not amusing then it is technology's fault and most certainly not operator error.
Check out my Youtube channel! I geek out on CZ's and post match videos. 
https://www.youtube.com/user/GoliathGT

Offline jameslovesjammie

• The Last Best Place
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2016, 01:15:51 PM »
Were you 83% of the first place score in your division at the match or 83% in the national rankings?  Your classification will be determined by national rankings.

If you tell us the classifier number and your hit factor we could help a little better.

anything