Author Topic: New CZ Rami with decocker--first impressions  (Read 2972 times)

Offline HawkeyeDrifter

Re: New CZ Rami with decocker--first impressions
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2016, 06:27:50 PM »
Was that Federal Aluminum case ammo?

Yes. 

I'm not even going to fight it by trying to tweak things.  I'm tired of fighting guns that are picky on ammo.  As you would know the aluminum has a kind of matte finish, not shiny like brass.  So apparently when it gets up to where the mag spring compression is least the extra friction inhibits feeding. Seems strange given the strength of the mag spring.  I usually use an Uplula just to be able to squeeze the 10th round in.

I will use it in other guns.  I have 9mms Sig P250 Compact and a Ruger LC9S that have never failed with any ammo in about a 1,000 rounds each.

I'm disappointed in the Rami with respect to this and trigger bite.  But overall it is still decent and I love it in single-action.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2016, 05:34:28 AM by HawkeyeDrifter »

Offline sealman

« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2016, 05:09:07 AM »
Funny you should mention the P250 compact. I am getting rid of mine due to the double action trigger which I have decided I don't want to deal with after getting my first (cz 85b) DA/SA about 4 months ago .

I really like the Sig and it has been completely reliable  but I refuse to put up with the trigger anymore.

Think I will try the Federal ammo in my Rami just to see if CZ is consistent in their dislike of it.

Offline HawkeyeDrifter

« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2016, 05:40:18 AM »
Funny you should mention the P250 compact. I am getting rid of mine due to the double action trigger which I have decided I don't want to deal with after getting my first (cz 85b) DA/SA about 4 months ago .

I really like the Sig and it has been completely reliable  but I refuse to put up with the trigger anymore.

Think I will try the Federal ammo in my Rami just to see if CZ is consistent in their dislike of it.

My Sig P250 Compact is for home defense.  If my wife would ever have to use it for that purpose I want things as simple as possible. It has a laser. Pull trigger, it goes bang, repeat as needed up to 15 times.  For a double-action, it has a great trigger, long but smooth and only 6#.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2016, 08:54:25 AM by HawkeyeDrifter »