Author Topic: Why Was the CZ-100 Discontinued?  (Read 8575 times)

Offline Droopy

Why Was the CZ-100 Discontinued?
« on: April 30, 2017, 03:44:34 AM »
Can anyone tell me why the CZ-100 was discontinued? And for those that have one can you tell me if they have any inherent problems like the bulging of the polymer Rami's? Do you ever carry them or shoot them much? Are they compact or full size? Will it or can it use any other magazines from the CZ family or does it have its own all by itself? Thanks as always for any and all help

Offline Earl Keese

Re: Why Was the CZ-100 Discontinued?
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2017, 07:25:43 AM »
I've only handled and dry fired one in a pawn shop. My guess is they were discontinued because they didn't sell, and didn't sell because the trigger was horrible. Reach out to forum member "Cyanide". He can tell you all you need to know about owning and improving one.

Offline Cyanide

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2017, 01:52:31 PM »
Droopy, like Earl said, they really didn't sell all that well, and I'll venture to say most likely because of the trigger, along with lack of aftermarket accessories. For those who grew up around and/or started with revolvers, it's usually a non-issue, as the trigger on all three of mine have been consistent 8.5# pulls. For someone not used to a long, heavy pull it's an adjustment many don't want to make. Also, it exhibits about 4mm of overtravel after firing. A friend of mine jokes that you can, "order a pizza and have it delivered before you complete a trigger pull" LOL. I've had and used true DAO the majority of my time carrying, and in spite of  what others say about how bad it's trigger is, I prefer the CZ 100 over all the others I've used (too many to list).

Concerning the aftermarket, or rather lack thereof, it takes a heck of a lot of work to do any sights besides what comes stock, as the front sight is integral with the slide ala the earlier Beretta 92/96 series, and presumably, the rear sight isn't a standard-sized dovetail. However, CZ Custom did an outstanding job on mine, milling the front of the slide into a dovetail, and fitting in a nice set of Trijicon NS for me. I think after the amount of effort it took the guys to do it however, mine is a once in a blue moon deal.

As for problems, I've had absolutely zero with my 9mm models, one of which I sold to a good friend who has shot it quite a bit since taking ownership. The one I still have now has well over 1k rounds fired through it and counting, and is still my current #1 EDC, even with having my P-07 Duty converted to a smooth 6.5# DAO. I've still yet to shoot my .40 model, as I've been at work since picking it up, but look forward to it since dropping in a Wolff 24# recoil spring and steel guide rod (the factory spring is extremely light, as noticed by how much easier the slide was to rack with it installed). I wanna see how it compares with my Gen 4 Glock 23!

Concerning size, it is a compact and near-identical to the Glock 19/23 and the P-07 as demonstrated in the pics below. I've personally never tried a regular CZ 75 mag in it, but back when I had a P-01 it's mag seemed to want to fit, but the rubber baseplate kept it from locking in, and I never replaced it with a normal baseplate to see if it would.

More often than not, if you do happen to shop for one, you will usually find the adjustable rear sight model with a traditional 3-Dot arrangement, which is much more common than the fixed rear sight, European "U-notch" arrangement.

If you couldn't tell, I really do love mine, and it is the only striker fire handgun I presently own besides a Glock.

Offline Droopy

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2017, 02:14:00 AM »
Thank you very much Cyanide that really helped me a lot. Although I truly am glad you love them I don't think they would be for me just like Glocks. It sounds to me like they are like the Sig 250 or whatever number it is that is the DAO hammered sister to the 320 they make. I think that was the worst gun I ever shot right out of the box that I sold it within a week of buying it. I do hope that when I do get an FDE P10C that I like it atleast enough to keep it for a range gun for some variety. Oh I do think there is one of them CZ100's on gunbroker and is also one in Cabela's gun library or their used section if you are interested, sorry I have no idea if they are a good deal or not

I kept loosing this post somehow and still can't figure out how to get to the CZ100 section. 

anything