Author Topic: Slide Does not Lock Back on Empty Magazine  (Read 924 times)

Unregistered(d)

Slide Does not Lock Back on Empty Magazine
« on: February 09, 2003, 09:45:16 AM »
I got my new Kadet Kit friday, installed it on my 75bd with minimal firing and have been generally impressed with it. Two problems.

1. The slide usually does not lock back on an empty magazine.

2. After loading the magazine and hitting the slide release. sometimes pulling the triggle single action does not fire the gun. If I pull it again double action it works, and will work on the subsequent sa pulls until the magazine is empty.

Any Suggestions? My Magazines had red followers.

Offline edefonzo

« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2003, 07:27:14 PM »
Justint,

My Kadet kit arrived today and I have the same problem. I've been doing a little research here and found that this ia a common problem with Kadet conversions in .40 S&W, like mine. I'm surprised to hear it happens in the BD because I thought the solution was a longer slide lock, like the one that already comes on your version.

Sorry that I really don't have a suggestion at the moment, but today I emailed Mike Eagleshield, the gunsmith at CZ-USA about the problem. I hope to hear from him soon. I'll pass along whatever I learn. Good Luck.

ED

Offline edefonzo

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2003, 07:30:40 PM »
Justint,

Sorry for not being more specific. The problem I was referring to was the slide not locking after the last round is fired. So far, I don't have a problem with the trigger.

I was impressed with how easily the Kadet was installed without having to do any fitting at all.

Happy Shooting.

ED

Offline edefonzo

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2003, 03:57:38 PM »
I just received a reply from Mike Eagleshield of CZ-USA. The slide stop is definitely the problem with the .40 S&W 75b's when used with a Kadet conversion.

I was put on a list for a free replacement 9mm slide stop, to correct the problem. The list exists because the 9mm slide stops are back-ordered. It may be months before it arrives at my door, but I appreciate the customer service efforts of CZ-USA and their gunsmith, Mike Eagleshield.

anything