Author Topic: Yeti Wurks Switchback Grips  (Read 58052 times)

Offline yetisoldier

Re: Yeti Wurks Switchback Grips
« Reply #30 on: August 16, 2016, 07:03:35 PM »
Glad to see you are still up and running.... :)
Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline WaltherP99

« Reply #31 on: August 16, 2016, 09:54:19 PM »
I was down for a couple days last week and I did cancel open orders because I wasn't sure when/if Yeti Wurks would continue to operate. There were some issues unrelated to Yeti Wurks itself.  Luckily it was only 2 days.  When I did come back online I sent invoices to everyone whose order was cancelled so that they would have a chance to get what the original order was. I am sorry for the hassle.

I'm still waiting on a final date, but I do have an update on my Switchback injection molded grips!  The original plan was for the molds to be sea freighted to the US and then for my molder to do final fitment and add the texture.  It turns out they did that overseas and are currently air freighting them to the US.   

My US molder will still need to set up the molds and send me samples to approve before production, but we are getting close!  I already have all of the captive nuts, screws, and the stainless steel dowel the grips need. I'll be shipping those parts to my molder this week in preparation for the arrival of the molds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glad everything worked out. Can't wait to the the Switchback!

Offline KelvAcos

« Reply #32 on: August 17, 2016, 01:57:51 AM »
I'm interested!  ;D

Offline DexterGSP

« Reply #33 on: August 17, 2016, 11:46:57 PM »
I'm giddy with anticipation!  As soon as they are available I'll order one.   
AZCDL and GOA Member

Offline Rated21R

« Reply #34 on: August 22, 2016, 09:43:35 AM »
Yep, this look like the way to go right here.  Can't wait.  I've heard good things so far about your other products.

Offline deathdealer

« Reply #35 on: August 23, 2016, 01:22:29 PM »
Looks great

Offline yetisoldier

« Reply #36 on: August 30, 2016, 08:37:46 PM »
I should have pre-production sample to test/check any time now! They shipped them out on Friday.  We are getting close!

Offline WaltherP99

« Reply #37 on: August 31, 2016, 02:19:52 AM »
I should have pre-production sample to test/check any time now! They shipped them out on Friday.  We are getting close!

*CC ready*

Offline MisterMe

« Reply #38 on: August 31, 2016, 03:17:04 AM »
I have a list of bucket items to do to my Scorpion yet and this I think is first grip to hit my list. Now if  someone would do some orange anodizing of triggers and charging handles LoL. Great work yeti

Not Cz related, yet, but I've asked that he consider doing some CZ items soon. Maybe you can send him some items to do in this burnt orange. However, if you want some orange items for an AR this is your guy. Make sure you "Load More" at the bottom of the page to see all that is available.
http://www.pc-armament.com/
I use his stuff on my ARs and the stuff is awesome. No more pounding roll pins on trigger guards. I, also tapped the lower receiver for the use of the bolt catch pins. Stuff is, really, top notch and affordably priced. I'm about to make another order, myself.

Note: I searched the forum to make sure I was not breaking any rule by providing this link. I am not associated in anyway with  pc-armament, other than being a customer. If I have broken any rule or offended anyone, I apologize and will remove this post.

Think they could anodize my barrel cooler??

Offline Gritz

« Reply #39 on: September 06, 2016, 07:58:43 PM »

Any updates on this Yeti?

Offline WaltherP99

« Reply #40 on: September 07, 2016, 12:42:15 AM »

Any updates on this Yeti?

this

Offline WaltherP99

« Reply #41 on: September 07, 2016, 09:29:14 PM »
Updates are posted on Yeti's FB page.

Offline juggernault98

« Reply #42 on: September 07, 2016, 09:41:08 PM »
Which is great.... If you had Facebook

Offline WaltherP99

« Reply #43 on: September 07, 2016, 09:53:34 PM »
Which is great.... If you had Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/yetiwurks/

It's a business so you don't need an account to view the page...which is great! Ask me how I know this...

Offline russdiculous

« Reply #44 on: September 08, 2016, 11:36:57 AM »
For the lazy, from YetiWurks' FaceBook post:
Great news! I received word from my injection molding company that the Switchback Grip will be ready for full scale Switchback productions in less than two weeks! Though I am still waiting on pre-production samples (supposed to be sent out today) to approve, so any issues could push it out a little. Pic below is an early prototype to give you an idea of what I'm talking about.
The Switchback grip is a modular grip design that brings the Scorpion grip into the modern age. The back straps slip on and are held in place with a SS pin. It is injection molded reinforce polymer. It will match the color of the scorpion. It also includes a custom made grip "plug" to create a storage compartment. FDE will be available in the future. You will be able to get this improved modular grip, a Matterhorn and Everset style backstrap, and the compartment plug for $49.99 plus shipping!!!!
Barring any issues they will be availlable around the last week of September! The pic below is of an early 3d printed test prototype and is not representative of the final product!
And then posted this in the comments:
My molder got back to me and said that he can do FDE and Black on my first order! I think I need to get him color sample to match to though for FDE..... I don't currently have any Scorpion FDE parts.

TL;DR: injection molded grips will be available end of September for $49.99+shipping, black and FDE (if he can get a FDE sample to color match).