Author Topic: Yeti Wurks Switchback Grips  (Read 57490 times)

Offline yetisoldier

Re: Yeti Wurks Switchback Grips
« Reply #255 on: July 30, 2017, 04:05:12 PM »
Is it normal for the stock screw to be too long for attaching the Yeti Wurks Switback grip?

Unless I thread it beyond "flush" the grip doesn't stay tight or locked down. I tried using be screws supplied with the grip but they don't reach and don't work.
Try a shorter one again. Usually after tightening it down once they will reach.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Offline yetisoldier

« Reply #256 on: July 30, 2017, 04:06:07 PM »
Someone must have done what I've thought about doing...?

Buy the stock from CZ, and buy the tailhook separately and assemble it yourself.
There is a bit more needed than that. You also need an adapter for the tailhook brace to attach the folding assembly.

Offline 007_Bond

« Reply #257 on: July 31, 2017, 09:31:26 AM »
Is it normal for the stock screw to be too long for attaching the Yeti Wurks Switback grip?

Unless I thread it beyond "flush" the grip doesn't stay tight or locked down. I tried using be screws supplied with the grip but they don't reach and don't work.
Try a shorter one again. Usually after tightening it down once they will reach.

Thx. I'll try it out

Offline 007_Bond

« Reply #258 on: August 02, 2017, 08:55:17 PM »
So I decided to get the FDE Switchback and cerakote it the right color. That'll work for now.

I figured since the current FDE is Gen 1 and it'll be awhile before gen 2 comes out, and the current FDE Switchback is discounted ... this was the best option for now and for not much more.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2017, 09:01:03 PM by 007_Bond »

Offline 007_Bond

« Reply #259 on: August 30, 2017, 03:54:26 AM »
Hey guys. Just thought I'd give a slight update. The guys at Yeti Wurks have amazing customer service and really have taking care of the customer as a high priory and value. I appreciate that about them. With that said, I decided to go back to the stock grip as I just ran into too many issues with the Yeti Wurks Switchback grip for the Scorpion personally. As much as I like the Switchback, the factory grip just feels much more solid and higher quality so I'm gonna stick with it for now.

But I do have strong hopes that they will release an upgraded product for the future.

Offline yetisoldier

« Reply #260 on: September 08, 2017, 09:29:04 AM »
Thought I would give a small update. Earlier this week I started selling the Switchback grips with a new style insert. These have eliminated all of the issues some people had with the previous style. I have it listed as gen 2.5.

Offline Border Dave

« Reply #261 on: September 08, 2017, 12:20:57 PM »
Thought I would give a small update. Earlier this week I started selling the Switchback grips with a new style insert. These have eliminated all of the issues some people had with the previous style.

Does the new grip still have the sharp edges on the front or have you smoothed it out?

Are you offering a discount for customers who bought one of the prior models?
« Last Edit: September 08, 2017, 12:29:08 PM by Border Dave »

Offline UCLAFANBRIAN

« Reply #262 on: September 08, 2017, 09:02:18 PM »
So contacted Yeti Wurks about my my grips nut inset breaking on installation today and asked to purchase a new screw and nut and he responded by him going to send me out a completely new grip Sunday and upgrade me to the 2.5! Talk about class act. I am very impressed with the customer service and will recommend this grip over all others. The 2nd gen is nice enough. I have it all the way forward and can field strip no problems. But the 2.5 is going to be great. Thanks Yeti Wurks!
« Last Edit: September 09, 2017, 12:33:04 AM by UCLAFANBRIAN »

Offline yetisoldier

« Reply #263 on: September 08, 2017, 09:15:38 PM »
Thought I would give a small update. Earlier this week I started selling the Switchback grips with a new style insert. These have eliminated all of the issues some people had with the previous style.

Does the new grip still have the sharp edges on the front or have you smoothed it out?

Are you offering a discount for customers who bought one of the prior models?
No mold changes yet so the front is the same. Right now if you already have a grip that is working well there isn't really a reason to get a new one. The change is pretty minor so right now I don't have a discount.

Offline mikeinak

« Reply #264 on: September 14, 2017, 04:03:19 PM »
Please make some of these in FDE.

Offline UCLAFANBRIAN

« Reply #265 on: September 14, 2017, 08:58:16 PM »
Received my 2.5 and it's the Sh!t very nice grip I love it. I used the factory grip screw so they are all the same and no overhang past the nut whatsoever.

Offline Buckshot Barry

« Reply #266 on: September 24, 2017, 06:28:20 PM »
Ordered my Switchback 2.5 today.

I really like the OEM ambi safety, but it's killing the top of my right hand index finger after firing 8 stages of PCC in a USPSA match. My finger even started bleeding after the 7th stage yesterday.

Instead of replacing the safety, I'm going to try a different grip angle. Will report back if the Switchback 2.5 helped.

Offline Arachnid

« Reply #267 on: September 25, 2017, 01:54:45 PM »
The Switchback eliminated my immediate need to replace the right side safety as it no longer digs into my index finger.

Offline Comte

« Reply #268 on: September 26, 2017, 12:40:26 AM »
Just came across this phone online.

That?s the way to set up a rifle, just needs a silencer. 

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline Buckshot Barry

« Reply #269 on: September 27, 2017, 10:12:55 PM »
My Switchback 2.5 arrived today.

It is PERFECT.

My OEM CZ-USA grip on my 2017 carbine would wiggle just enough to be annoying, so I made some thin shims out of baggie twist ties. Not needed with the Switchback. Nice and tight with zero wiggle.

Really like the looks and texture too.

But the best part is my index finger no longer rides the bottom of the OEM safety. Shooting an 8 stage match will be the real test, but it's much better than what I had.

Shipping was super fast too. Money well spent.

anything