Author Topic: cb caps ins kadet?  (Read 1289 times)

Offline mikem

cb caps ins kadet?
« on: February 07, 2003, 04:27:14 PM »
hey,
            has anyone tried to fire cb caps out of a Kadet? if so, what were the results?
            mikem

Offline mikem

cb caps ins kadet?
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2003, 05:47:20 PM »
hey,

never mind. i just put two cb longs in the mag, racked the slide and the first cb fed fine. it also shot fine.

however, there is not enough "oomph" behind the primer to cycle the slide and eject the spent cb cap and introduce the next round.

i racked the slide and it ejected the spent cap but did not load the second cap in the chamber. i don"t know why the second cap didn't chamber when the spent cap was ejected. no harm, no foul i suppose.

next i put two caps in the mag. racked it once and the first went into chamber. i decocked and racked again. both unfired caps were ejected. i'm mystified.

i shot the first cap (the first time i tried all this) in my backyard. it is a quiet neighborhood. i will experiment more with this next time i go to the range.

mikem

Offline mikem

cb caps ins kadet?
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2003, 05:48:09 PM »
hey,

never mind. i just put two cb longs in the mag, racked the slide and the first cb fed fine. it also shot fine.

however, there is not enough "oomph" behind the primer to cycle the slide and eject the spent cb cap and introduce the next round.

i racked the slide and it ejected the spent cap but did not load the second cap in the chamber. i don"t know why the second cap didn't chamber when the spent cap was ejected. no harm, no foul i suppose.

next i put two caps in the mag. racked it once and the first went into chamber. i decocked and racked again. both unfired caps were ejected. i'm mystified.

i shot the first cap (the first time i tried all this) in my backyard. it is a quiet neighborhood. i will experiment more with this next time i go to the range.

mikem

Offline JohnW

cb caps ins kadet?
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2003, 07:19:21 PM »
Mike,

Kadets sometimes have problems feeding the second round from the mag, even with full power ammo.  A single drop of oil on the first round, given time to seep down the stack, seems to help.  Also, the Kadets like to be well lubed in general.

anything