Author Topic: Blast in your Face  (Read 2100 times)

cz9091

Blast in your Face
« on: January 20, 2003, 06:26:39 PM »
So.  Took my 'new' conversion to the range.

I like the accuracy.  1 inch groupings at 21ft.   I like the sights.  It's worth every penney.  I think the magazines are cheap as all H.  Hurts to push in past that twisted metal.  They could have done something more classy, like for their rifles.

Question:  I get blast coming back at my face.  I wear eye protection, but those 22's sent little burning things into my face.  Any one else get that?

The guy behind the counter at the range said "22 ammo is dirty".  Sounded as if that could be normal.

Let's put it this way.  I can't imagine it NOT being normal.  The slide mechanism is sound and accurate.  So what's the deal with that blast stuff?

Thanks,
            cz9091

Wynton

Blast in your Face
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2003, 09:07:04 PM »
It might have to do with the ammo that you are using. When I use CCI Blazer 22LR ammo, I have to spend a lot of time cleaning the little particles out of the action of my guns. This really sucks because I can get 500 Blazers for $8.90. Since I started using better quality though, I have increased my accuracy and I think it is better for my guns.:)

cz9091

Blast in your Face
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2003, 05:01:07 AM »
I got the 250 in a box, remington hollow point.  I think it was 11 bucks.  So it's cheap and all.

I wanted to hear others ring in with anything that spits out the back.

Next range time I'll use a variety of ammo.  If there is ammo that is more accurate than the groups I got with that cheap stuff, it looks like I'll have something to look forward to.

Wynton

Blast in your Face
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2003, 01:55:11 PM »
I like the CCI target ammo in the clear boxes with the slide on the top. I can't find the article now, but I had one that said this is some of the best for the money. If I am lucky, I can find it for 3.99 for fifty. I know that it depends on what your particular gun likes, but I have had luck with it.
            I also use CCI mini mag hollow points for squirrel and with my rifle at 35 yards, I can leave one ragged hole.

Offline edefonzo

Blast in your Face
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2003, 08:06:34 PM »
I agree with Wynton that the CCI Gold Dot in the clear amber packaging is about the best .22LR ammo around. Very very accurate, and is the only ammo that will feed my Browning Buck Mark without the infamous stovepipe problem ocurring. Consistent 1 inch groups, or better. Cost at Wal-Mart - $3.96 per 50 round box. Cost at the Dunhams sporting goods chain, if you have one nearby, is $3.49 a box. Worth every penny.

I don't yet own a Kadet, But that's my next accessory purchase for my CZ75B .40S&W. Can anyone tell me the Kadet comes in Nickel-Satin to match my CZ75B?

ED

Offline mapdude

Blast in your Face
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2003, 02:14:24 AM »
Cerntail lots of ammo are very dirty and spray lots of unburned powder out of the action.  Other lots/brands work fine in rifles and pistols.  Exactly what kind of ammo were you shooting.  I've had lots of spray with some lots of Federal Classic and Remington "game load".  Other ammo worked fine out of my Ruger Mark II. mapdude

cztops

Blast in your Face
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2003, 09:51:30 AM »
edefonzo,
            I had thought the 40 wouldn't work with a kadet. But after posting, I decided to do a search and found a post saying they do work together.

cz9091

Blast in your Face
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2003, 08:47:51 PM »
It was a box of Remington.  I don't remember the type but it had 250 rounds for something like 10 bucks.

So I imagine it wasn't very good powder.

I'll try better stuff and see.

Thanks.

Offline MrPhil

Blast in your Face
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2003, 02:07:23 AM »
I had a similar problem with a brand new Ruger MkII target pistol. Using the "inexpensive" Remington Golden Bullets, 525/box on sale for $7.99. It was kind of annoying. I've put several thousand more of these through it and the hot stuff has stopped! The gun has improved in feeding, extraction, and trigger-action, also. It seems to have broken in. My wife started shooting it recently and has not noticed any hot stuff blowing back. Now, she did have a hot casing bounce down the front of her blouse . . .

Offline edefonzo

Blast in your Face
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2003, 01:29:41 AM »
CZTops,

I sure hope the .40 and the Kadet kit work together well. I just ordered one today from J&G. Since no one seemed to have the Kadet in nickel-satin, I ordered the black polycoat. That ought to add an interesting look to the gun!

As far as compatability, CZ-USA reports that their Kadet will fit all calibers of the 75B, including my .40. I'm waiting to see if any issues come up, like minor fitting, needing a longer slide stop, of if the unit I purchased comes with the chisel-point firing pin already installed.

I intend to use .22lr CCI Gold Dot JHP in the Kadet, which is what totally eliminated stovepipes from my Browning Buck Mark.

Wish me luck and keep sending suggestions.

ED