Author Topic: Finally I'm a CZ owner (Cajun GW P-07 Urban Grey Content)  (Read 4622 times)

Offline wisemenofgotham

Finally I'm a CZ owner (Cajun GW P-07 Urban Grey Content)
« on: July 13, 2016, 10:13:02 AM »
UPDATE: Cajun Gun Works Pro-Grade Kit, Short Reset and polished

I have been lusting after this for sometime after it was released.  A few months ago, I randomly decided to check out CZ's local dealers and called one that was not too far from me. It so happened that they had one in stock and I immediately got cash and drove over there.  With the flat magazine baseplate, the dimensions are roughly the same as my Sig Sauer P320c. I am really impressed so far with this firearm, especially for all the features you get for the price. I took it home, cleaned it and put 200 rounds through it of 147g Speer Lawman and some 147g +P Federal HST. Not a single hiccup. I think I've found another firearm to add to my carry rotation, pending my thoughts after 1,000 rounds.

Since I like modding, I'm interested in getting some trigger work done after shooting some rounds through it.  A friend recommended Automatic Accuracy, which would yield a 7.5lb DA and 3.5lb SA trigger with polished internals and their short reset kit (eliminating lots of the pre-travel, according to them).  However, I'm open to suggestions from the members on this board. 

Introducing my new CZ P-07 Urban Grey Suppressor-Ready (CZ 91288) firearm:

Inforce APL:

« Last Edit: March 10, 2017, 03:14:05 PM by wisemenofgotham »
CZ P-07 Urban Grey 9mm
CGW Pro-Grade, Short Reset, Polished

Wish List:
CZ Czechmate
CZ Scorpion EVO SBR

https://www.instagram.com/sigmjolnir/

Offline s0nspark

• Talk is cheap!
Finally I'm a CZ owner (P-07 Urban Grey Content)
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2016, 01:38:59 PM »
Be sure to check out Cajun Gun Works and CZ Custom for the trigger work also. I have had extensive dealings with David @ CGW and his work is top notch and his commitment to customer service is superb.

If you are reasonably handy and comfortable with the concept you could also upgrade the internals yourself with CGW parts. I am not particularly handy but was able to do this on my UG P-07 without much difficulty :)
« Last Edit: July 13, 2016, 01:41:33 PM by s0nspark »
"A man's character is his fate."

Offline Joe L

Re: Finally I'm a CZ owner (P-07 Urban Grey Content)
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2016, 02:28:57 PM »
All three shops can help you out, all good people.  If you decide to install some parts yourself, here is a link to some videos I put together on the P-07/09 pistols. 
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL7GbOFIiTV0zywDb1XrQ2FMDvFsgCtXkF
I shot a P-09 in bullseye matches in 2014 and shot my P-07 (with a red dot) in the last local monthly bullseye match.  And I had high score with it.   
Joe
CZ-75B 9mm and Kadet, 97B"E", two P-09's, P-07, P-10C

Offline MikeLW

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2016, 09:46:52 PM »
Congrats! I like the look of the inforce. Nice pics!

Offline wdbutcher

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2016, 11:04:07 PM »
Congratulations, looking good!
CZ SP-01 Tactical, CZ P-07, Canik TP9V2, Webley Mark IV, Saiga AK-47, S&W Shield

Offline wisemenofgotham

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2016, 05:07:35 AM »
All three shops can help you out, all good people.  If you decide to install some parts yourself, here is a link to some videos I put together on the P-07/09 pistols. 
I shot a P-09 in bullseye matches in 2014 and shot my P-07 (with a red dot) in the last local monthly bullseye match.  And I had high score with it.   
Joe

Any pics of your optic monted on your P-07?  I have a Trijicon RMR on my Sig P320c, thinking about adding one or the Deltapoint Pro to my P-07. 
CZ P-07 Urban Grey 9mm

Wish List:
CZ Czechmate
CZ Scorpion EVO SBR

Offline s0nspark

• Talk is cheap!
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2016, 07:27:52 AM »
Any pics of your optic monted on your P-07?  I have a Trijicon RMR on my Sig P320c, thinking about adding one or the Deltapoint Pro to my P-07.

My UG is off to Mark Housel next week for milling... I'll post some pics when it returns :)

Offline Joe L

« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2016, 08:05:02 AM »
Joe

Here is the P-07 with a red dot on a Springer Precision mount. 

Here are some shooting videos of the P-07 and P-09 with red dots at bullseye match distances out to 200 yards.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL7GbOFIiTV0xt-yUxqYvFX6tek_pEmLes

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL7GbOFIiTV0woTe-22GvoVjUa3ZVSKiOH

My favorite P-09.

Let's just say I'm a CZ/CGW/JB-Weld fanboy.

Joe
CZ-75B 9mm and Kadet, 97B"E", two P-09's, P-07, P-10C

Offline wisemenofgotham

« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2016, 04:37:31 PM »

My UG is off to Mark Housel next week for milling... I'll post some pics when it returns :)

Very nice, please do!  Here is my P320c that Mark milled for me:

Here is a thread regarding my P320c:

http://www.czfirearms.us/index.php?topic=81244.0
« Last Edit: July 17, 2016, 10:27:53 AM by wisemenofgotham »
CZ P-07 Urban Grey 9mm

Wish List:
CZ Czechmate
CZ Scorpion EVO SBR

Offline QBToo

« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2016, 05:19:45 PM »
Great looking pistol.  I recently purchased a CZ P-07 FDE and LOVE IT!!!  I've been looking at the Urban Grey but talked myself out of buying another handgun.....that is until I saw this post which made me fall off the wagon.  Of course I couldn't find any in stock but today, lo and behold, I ran across a dealer who had 20 of them. 

I just ordered one and it should be here next week!!!  I paid a little too much but didn't mind because I wanted it NOW (that's normally how my purchases go).

I don't plan on any modifications, it will be my range and house gun.  I thought about a second P07 FDE (I REALLY LOVE THAT GUN) but decided to try to get something a little different, yet the same, and the UG fit the bill.  I have rimfire supressors for my pistols and rifles and they are soooooooooo fun to shoot.  So maybe a 9mm suppressor will be in my future (although now it will take FOREVER for ATF approval!!!).

Sounds like you have some fun plans for modifying/upgrading your UG so I'll keep an eye on your posts.  Thanks for the pictures.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2016, 05:22:54 PM by QBToo »

Offline s0nspark

• Talk is cheap!
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2016, 06:24:55 PM »
Great looking pistol.  I recently purchased a CZ P-07 FDE and LOVE IT!!!  I've been looking at the Urban Grey but talked myself out of buying another handgun.....that is until I saw this post which made me fall off the wagon.  Of course I couldn't find any in stock but today, lo and behold, I ran across a dealer who had 20 of them. 

I just ordered one and it should be here next week!!!  I paid a little too much but didn't mind because I wanted it NOW (that's normally how my purchases go).

I don't plan on any modifications, it will be my range and house gun.  I thought about a second P07 FDE (I REALLY LOVE THAT GUN) but decided to try to get something a little different, yet the same, and the UG fit the bill.  I have rimfire supressors for my pistols and rifles and they are soooooooooo fun to shoot.  So maybe a 9mm suppressor will be in my future (although now it will take FOREVER for ATF approval!!!).

Sounds like you have some fun plans for modifying/upgrading your UG so I'll keep an eye on your posts.  Thanks for the pictures.

Nice :)

Which dealer had them in stock? I know a few people looking...

Offline QBToo

« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2016, 07:51:15 PM »
DEGUNS.NET

$499.99 and $30 shipping, no cc fee if that matters.  They had 20 and now down to 16.

My First time buying from them but I called them a couple of times with some questions and they were very nice.

A little high unless ya want one  NOW.  Since I bought one, everyone should be getting theirs in stock at lower prices :D
« Last Edit: July 16, 2016, 07:56:45 PM by QBToo »

Offline s0nspark

• Talk is cheap!
Finally I'm a CZ owner (P-07 Urban Grey Content)
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2016, 08:00:52 PM »
DEGUNS.NET

$499.99 and $30 shipping, no cc fee if that matters.  They had 20 and now down to 16.

My First time buying from them but I called them a couple of times with some questions and they were very nice.

A little high unless ya want one  NOW.  Since I bought one, everyone should be getting theirs in stock at lower prices :D

Cool - thanks.

Yep, slightly high on the price but not as bad as some I've seen :)
« Last Edit: July 16, 2016, 09:37:00 PM by s0nspark »

Offline boxer4u

« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2016, 09:22:02 PM »
They have a coupon code for free shipping over $500 "Ship30".  But it's not letting me use it, kinda sucks since it's only a penny under

Offline QBToo

« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2016, 09:39:03 PM »
Yep, they did that on purpose....I called and he said free shipping of $500 or more and that the CZ UG didn't qualify.  Didn't make me happy either but I wanted the gun because the only other one I found was $539 plus Texas sales tax and shipping.  Kentucky Gun showed their price to be $466 but that was with 1 magazine, not 2 (and they are out).   I was tired of trying to find the cheapest one after figuring all the various costs.