Author Topic: Walker's Blue Tooth Ear Buds?  (Read 1972 times)

Offline 1SOW

• GO GREEN - Recycle 9MM
Walker's Blue Tooth Ear Buds?
« on: July 28, 2016, 10:15:05 PM »
The ad for these came from Graf's.
I was hoping someone here has tried these and can pass on their opinion.

I wear Blue Tooth  hearing aids (Thank you VA!)  that really work well.   These Walkers ear buds look like the perfect Rifle, Shotgun and Pistol ear protection (32 dB) that don't interfere with any shooting venues or wearing a hat :).

http://www.grafs.com/retail/catalog/search?keywords=razor+x&utm_source=07-28-16&utm_campaign=gblast0728&utm_medium=email
« Last Edit: July 29, 2016, 11:41:34 AM by 1SOW »

Offline Geared4me

Re: Walker's Blue Tooth Ear Buds?
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2016, 02:13:26 PM »
I don't have any experience to relate but wanted to say thank you for posting this link as I hadn't heard of these but will definitely check them out.

Offline Grandrover

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2016, 09:10:38 PM »
I too thank you for posting.  I ordered a set and I'm very pleased with them.  The first shot was disappointing, but I worked the foam tip deeper into the ear canal, in other words, inserted them per directions, and was very  pleased.  The neck piece is light, you do not notice it, can hear normal sounds better than with other electronic muffs I've used and I believe the claimed 31 db NRR rating (when properly inserted).  My other muffs have NRR in mid to high 20s and these are quieter.  I appreciate the tip!

Offline 1SOW

• GO GREEN - Recycle 9MM
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2016, 09:30:18 PM »
Excellent.  I'm really glad to hear they work as advertised.

I need to start saving money,  so I can keep what hearing I have left.  My Cell phone and home TV,  I hear through my hearing aids by Blue tooth.   8)

Offline milq

• Steel on target
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2016, 11:30:24 AM »
So what's the Bluetooth part of these? Besides being hearing protection they can double as ear buds? Does the electronic protection work without a Bluetooth signal? I have electronic muffs now but glasses keep them from sealing as well as I'd like. Fine for range as I double up, but for hunting I don't get the full NRR.
NRA Basic Pistol Instuctor, IL FCCA Instructor.

http://jc-steelontarget.blogspot.com/ and check out www.illinoiscarry.com to learn more about CCW in IL.

Offline Grendel

• Administrator
  • 'Live Long, and Prosper'
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2016, 11:36:37 AM »
So what's the Bluetooth part of these? Besides being hearing protection they can double as ear buds? Does the electronic protection work without a Bluetooth signal? I have electronic muffs now but glasses keep them from sealing as well as I'd like. Fine for range as I double up, but for hunting I don't get the full NRR.

From the description:

The Hi Gain omni-directional microphones provide clear sound enhancement for enjoyable conversations on the range or to hear firearm instructors? directions while training. The Razor-XV HD digital speakers provide a wide range audio quality that enhances the users experience.  Now featuring Bluetooth, you can stream your favorite music, or even take a phone call all while protecting yourself from the harmful effects of muzzle blast.  The Razor XV also features independent volume control between the microphone and Bluetooth feed.  In a shooting scenario this allows you to stream your music quietly and still allow for range commands over the top of the music when the microphones are turned up.  In a hunting scenario, you can quietly listen to music, stream a sports game, or take a phone call and not miss out on anything running in!  The Razor XV model is a serious game changer for any shooter or hunter alike.
Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges - Tacitus

Inter arma enim silent leges - Cicero

I wasn't born in America, but I got here as fast as I could.