Author Topic: THE SAFEST I"VE EVER FELT!  (Read 1034 times)

Offline dominic135

THE SAFEST I"VE EVER FELT!
« on: August 01, 2016, 01:57:47 PM »
I'm in my 60's now and I have a son restricted to a wheel chair. One of the most insulting results of aging is realizing you no longer can defend yourself or family with your bare hands! It was that realization that sent my son and I to The Triangle Shooting Academy, in Raleigh, N.C.
We went to TSA the week they opened and found the place packed with area gun lovers. There were close to 100 people either shooting, shopping or just plain drooling over display cases. While we were filling out membership applications, my son's 100psi wheel chair tire had a blow out! It sounded exactly like a .22 discharge!
Probably a full third of the people in the show room had their hands on their concealed weapons! Not one gun was pulled but everyone was looking for the shooter!
Now, most people, even myself in years gone by, would have felt very threatened.
What I felt was protection! Never in my life (including service time) have I ever felt more safe! We had a platoon of smart, defensive people at our backs! Not one was brandishing a weapon around! No one had a finger on the trigger! In a room full of shooters, no one was spoiling for a fight!
I don't think I've ever been so proud of a group I belonged to!
I just wish there had been some gun haters with me to observe the professional behavior I had the chance to witness!

Offline Geared4me

Re: THE SAFEST I"VE EVER FELT!
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2016, 02:22:18 PM »
With so much bad news in the world your story was a welcome bright spot in my day, thank you for sharing!

Offline Tok36

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2016, 02:38:24 PM »
No CCW out here in Los Angles, people likely would have gone for their phones to film who ever got hit.....

Good story, thank you for the post.

Will work for CZ pics! (including but not limited to all CZ clones)

Online 1SOW

• GO GREEN - Recycle 9MM
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2016, 01:03:27 AM »
dominic135,  thanks for sharing.  That is a great experience.

Offline AZ_CZ

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2016, 10:17:55 AM »
Cool story.

"TSA" - They should consider rebranding. At least they weren't the International Secret Intelligence Service.

CZ Fanbot since 1996

Offline Shooter1911

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2016, 01:30:44 PM »
Great story and you will feel even safer when you have become proficient with your preferred concealed weapon.

anything