Author Topic: Magazine Compatibility Master List  (Read 215669 times)

Offline Radom

• HGWT
Magazine Compatibility Master List
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2002, 10:03:10 PM »
Thanks!

I saw your other thread, and I almost thanked you there.  Thanks for going to the trouble; it is appreciated.
The artist formerly known as FEG...

Offline ScottB

« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2002, 08:59:16 AM »
Oh, yeah, it was a lot of trouble alright, LOL!

I did get a couple offers for $300 for the 10mm compact. I'm betting markup on NIB is now close to $400 for these. That's good, and bad.

Offline WillRuss

« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2002, 02:05:58 PM »
The CZ40B mag (.40S&W) seemed to fit in my Witness Compact .40 S&W.  I haven't fired it, but it snapped in perfectly and I racked several rounds manually with no problem.  It was a little long, but there might be a spacer available.  Of course, it's only one extra round, so it's an individual call as to whether it's worth the trouble.

Offline Radom

• HGWT
« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2002, 02:48:15 PM »
"Oh, yeah, it was a lot of trouble alright, LOL!"

Seriously, the more of this that begins life in ONE location, the easier it is for me.  

Offline ScottB

« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2002, 04:06:34 PM »
The 41AE 12rd Hi-cap for the full-sze small-frame will function just fine in the compact 40S&W.

Also, the regular 40 mags fit and function just fine if you are going to convert to a 40 from a 9.

HookedonCZ

« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2002, 10:02:45 AM »
FEG,

Just getting around to this thread so sorry if I jump in late.  Just making a deal to buy a 97B and got to wondering about magazines when I saw this.  And you may have already answered my question.  Do I read your statement correctly?  The EAA Witness .45 magazines work in the 97B?  I see on the Mec-Gar sight that they have mags for the Witness and if this is true I intend on getting some.

Thanx....
Jim
Florida......8)

Walt-Sherrill

« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2002, 10:49:39 AM »
The Factory EAA WItness mags will work, but for a few bucks more, get the Mec-Gar mags for the EAA Witness.  (My Witness .45 came with factory-delivered Mec-Gar mags.)

They are interchangeable with CZ-97B mags.

Unregistered(d)

« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2002, 10:15:05 PM »
This concerns a CZ-85B 9mm and an EAA Witness PC 9mm.

The factory CZ 9mm 15-round mags feed everything in both.

The factory EAA 16-round mags feed everything in both.

The factory EAA 13-round compact mags only fit the Witness, and feed everything, but have a problem with coming apart (the base plate falls off, the spring goes flying, etc.) if you drop them.

The Pro-Mags (14-15 rounds) feed everything in the CZ-85B and FMJ only in the Witness.

USA 14 round mags feed only FMJ in the CZ, and will not feed in the Witness.

Misc. after-market 20, 25, and 30 round mags feed only FMJ in the CZ-85B and will not feed in the Witness.

Adding an extended-capacity base plate (even with the addition of a Wolff +10% spring) will decrease the reliability of anything.

Andy Out.

Unregistered(d)

« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2003, 10:51:54 AM »
What's going on?  I was told by Mec-Gar that it's a different mag catch location.  I was told by CZ-USA it probably could fit.  I was told by many yes it will fit and by others that the Witness .45 and the CZ 97B do indeed have slightly different mag. catch location....one is higher up than the other.

Offline edefonzo

« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2003, 03:40:07 PM »
Sorry for the late posting, if anybody's still following this thread.

I have a CZ75B in .40 S&W, which came with 2 Mec-Gar 10 round mags from the factory. Of course, they function flawlessly.

Recently I purchased 2 10 round mags from a dealer who promised CZ factory mags and sent EAA Witness mags. They also functioned flawlessly. However, they don't slide into the CZ75B mag well as easily, hanging up a little in the area of the mag release. A little jiggle and they go in. The followers are of different design, but both types hold open the slide after the last round. The Witness mags extend ever so slightly, being about 1/8" longer than the Mec-Gar mags, and have slightly bulkier butt plates.

I've read a lot of feedback in the forum about using Witness mags in the CZ75B, with some saying that the Witness mags need a little alteration around the mag release slot because the slots are positioned a little differently. That may be the case, but my Witness mags needed no additional fitting at all to function. I don't own a Witness, so I don't know if the reverse would be true.

Good Luck with your list.

ED

Offline Radom

• HGWT
« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2003, 06:43:55 PM »
Thanks!

I am still working on this thing.  Trying to come up with a usable format (as opposed to MANY lonnnggg paragraphs) is just killing me.

Unregistered(d)

« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2003, 09:50:26 PM »
I have heard that TZ75 mags fit a CZ75, but at the last gun show a guy had something he claimed was a TZ75 mag, that definately did not fit a CZ75. I have been woundering, but it just hit high gear since I found an advertisement for 25 round TZ75 mags at $22 each (min, order 3,) plus $9 S/H.
I'm taking a $75 gamble when I get my next paycheck, unless I get more information here. Has anyone tried a TZ75 mag in a CZ or Witness.

msetera

« Reply #27 on: January 29, 2003, 12:06:15 PM »
I recently purchased several (seven) stainless steel 9mm mags, Ramline brand, for my standard Witness and my brother's TZ75. They fit and feed fine in my Witness, however do not lock the slide back after the last round is fired (the follower is different). They don't even fit into the TZ75. Some differences do exist in these clone pistols that restrict magazine interchangeability. But at only $4.95 each new, I'm not at much of a loss!

Offline verbaltharhino

« Reply #28 on: January 31, 2003, 07:12:50 AM »
If this helps you out, any on the TZ-75-

I was looking at a used one at a local gun shop for $250, not a bad deal, right?  Well, the mag in the gun was EXACTLY the same as my stepped-base 15-rd. CZ mag (I had them side-by side) that came with my CZ.  Neither mag locked the slide open.  I took it for granted that maybe it was the pistol and not the mags causing this (I ended up not buying for that reason alone).  After reading this thread, maybe it was the mags!  The mags (both) fit into the mag well just fine, though.

Offline jwc007

• Global Moderator
« Reply #29 on: February 04, 2003, 02:56:32 PM »
Your brothers TZ-75 has the older Tanfoglio Frame that was more of a copy of the CZ-75, with the exception of the safety system.  CZ-75 magazines should work just fine, as I have been using Israeli made CZ-75 magazines in mine.

As for your Witness, it's frame is made from the series-88 design.  Tanfoglio beefed up the design at this time to take the pounding of the .41 AE and later the .40 S&W.  It is a slightly larger frame, as you have probably observed.  There were other design changes that occurred at this time.

Aftermarket magazine manufacturers tended to get confused about these pistols.
"Easy is the path to wisdom for those not blinded by ego." - Yoda

For all of those killed by a 9mm: "Get up! You are not dead! You were shot with a useless cartridge!"