Author Topic: Magazine Compatibility Master List  (Read 214012 times)

Offline jwc007

• Global Moderator
Magazine Compatibility Master List
« Reply #30 on: February 06, 2003, 01:30:23 PM »
Just recieved a shipment of magazines today from CDNN.  These were 10 rounders I intend to use for "Production" class IPSC shooting.  These are aftermarket Pro-Mags and the package was marked for EAA Witness and Baby Eagle.  They fit and feed (dry test feed) in my series 88 TA90 perfectly.  Going to the range tonight to try them out.  They also drop free from the gun, quickly!

Update: Over 3 courses of fire, no FTF's, and reloads went smoothly.  I think I have some winners here.  At $8.99 apiece, not to bad on the budget, either.  Can afford to bang these around for competition.  Now I need mag bumper pads for them.
"Easy is the path to wisdom for those not blinded by ego." - Yoda

For all of those killed by a 9mm: "Get up! You are not dead! You were shot with a useless cartridge!"

Offline TorontoCZ

« Reply #31 on: February 11, 2003, 09:40:05 PM »
Can anyone tell me for sure whether 10rd 9mm Springfield P9 mags will function with a pre-B CZ75 (and vice-versa)?  

Forgive me if this has already been dealt with before, but my searches did not produce any such posts.

Offline Radom

• HGWT
« Reply #32 on: February 12, 2003, 12:01:20 AM »
To be honest, I have no idea.  Don't be shy, magazine issues have been on hold for some time, because I have been collecting data.  This project is WAY more complicated than I thought it would be.  For example, I thought that Springfield never issued any 10 rounders as OEM.
The artist formerly known as FEG...

Offline TorontoCZ

« Reply #33 on: February 12, 2003, 11:42:17 AM »
FEG, I think you are correct.  The Springfiled mags I have seen were all 15 rds pinned down to 10.

Offline bps2799

« Reply #34 on: February 15, 2003, 11:01:21 PM »
AT-84 mags work in pre-B CZ-75s, but not vice versa.

GTCMEPTb-

« Reply #35 on: February 17, 2003, 03:15:02 AM »
I just bought two magazines for a new baby eagle .45 from CDNN...I wasn't paying close attention when I was reading about them on the net because I thought they were factory made magnum research mags but they turned out to be EAA Witness 45 mags with Tanfoglio written on the bottom. Does anyone know if they will work fine in the baby eagle?

Unregistered(d)

« Reply #36 on: February 17, 2003, 08:54:38 AM »
Every mag for the BE and Witness swapped out just fine, they are made by the same people, Tanfoglio of Italy. If for some unknown reason they don't work ,return them to cdnn, and let us know.
   Dave

Offline Radom

• HGWT
« Reply #37 on: February 27, 2003, 11:35:06 PM »
Well, I have good news and bad news.

I have started getting this posted at Pistols FAQ.  The good news is that I have at least started.  I'm not done, but I don't think it all COULD fit in one post, due to ezboard limits.

Here's a link:
pub105.ezboard.com/fczech...=113.topic

The bad news is that I am doing CZs and Clones as two separate threads, and I started with CZs.  

My thinking is that someone is probably not interested in this in the absract.  That is, they own a particular model (whether CZ, Witness, Baby Eagle, etc.) and want to know which magazines will fit.  I have tried to make the format make sense in that regard, so people don't have to read the entire article(s) to find out what they want to know.  I think you will see why this has taken me some time when you see how long the entries are for just the 9mm and .40 CZ 75/85 series and variants.  

If anyone sees something that is incorrect, misleading, or just poorly worded, please let me know.
The artist formerly known as FEG...

castratta

« Reply #38 on: March 01, 2003, 08:39:31 AM »
Hi, a compatability list is a great idea especially to anyone contemplating the purchase of a new/used handgun.  And a brand/model specific list is the only way to go.
A couple weeks ago I purchased a large frame 45 EAA Witness with 9mm and 22lr slides.  
I ordered 3 "full size" 9mm Promag magazines from CDNN only to find they don't fit the full size 45 Witness.  Now having spoken with the folks at Promag I know they don't make a 9mm magazine for the 45 frame.  EAA tells me all "Polymer-series" mags will fit the 45 frame which is an interesting bit of info.
CDNN will make good on the the mags so that's not a problem.  Problem is, valuable angst-ridden time has been wasted (and a few extra bucks) only because I didn't have the wherewithall (!) for quick and ready access to the info needed.

Incidently, the too-small for the 45 Witness 9mm Promags I bought are labeled:
EAA01
Witness 9mm 10RD PROMAG
FULL SIZE, TZ, BABY EAGLE EAGLE
MAGP  EAA
and should fit great in any of those guns.  Had I only known...

By the way, this Witness feels and shoots great even with the one 38SA magazine I'm using with the 9mm conversion.  Obviously I need the proper mags.
Hope this information proves useful in your master compatability FAQ list.
Would like to read and see more pix of EAA's as done on the other gun lists but that's another thread.  Hopefully I can contribute something useful here.
Castratta

Offline CZ75SA

« Reply #39 on: April 01, 2003, 03:44:51 PM »
These mags are IDENTICAL except for the engraved lettering.  I have measured them extensively with calipers and they are the identical magazine.
Testing shows that the operate identically also.  :)

Offline CZ75BSA

« Reply #40 on: April 01, 2003, 04:04:52 PM »
The Pro-Nags "work", but are a slightly different shape and the upper portion of the mag rubs lightly against the trigger pull bar because they are not as heavily tapered at the top as factory mags.  The plastic follower is definitel a cheap-ass piece of crap, and the rounds don't seem to feed smoothly off the top.

In spite of this, the one I have seems to work correctly so far, so I can't be TOO critical.  But I won't buy another.  

Unregistered(d)

« Reply #41 on: August 12, 2003, 06:34:20 AM »
I know this has nothing to do with clones, but, y'all have such a wealth of knowledge.  I recently bought an Astra A75 in 40 S&W and was wondering if any other maker's magazines would fit.  Most of the ones that I see say that they are made by EAA.  Thanks  Svilleman

Offline TorontoCZ

« Reply #42 on: September 11, 2003, 08:21:30 AM »
In my recent experience, CZ75 factory 9mm 10 rd. mags will not work in an Uzi Baby Eagle.  

They look alike and the CZ mags fit quite nicely in the Uzi's mag well, but the Uzi's mag catch does not hold the mag in place.

Walt-Sherrill

« Reply #43 on: September 11, 2003, 05:20:57 PM »
When Baby Eagle mags are used in a CZ, it is often necessary to enlarge the TOP of the mag release notch, because the CZ mag release sits higher in the grip than does the Eagle/Tanfoglito mags.  This has the effect of LOWERING the mag a little, and letting the mag CATCH work.

That being the case, you might want to enlarge the BOTTOM of the mag release notch of the CZ mags, to see how they fit in the BE.  (Take the grips off and see if you can SEE the problme...)  

It shouldn't take much, using a needle file.

DaddyDett

« Reply #44 on: September 28, 2003, 06:14:11 AM »
Will CZ Compact mags fit and function in a Jericho 941FB
Compact?
DaddyDett

anything