Author Topic: Seems like there's a CZ shortage  (Read 2778 times)

Offline Triax60

Re: Seems like there's a CZ shortage
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2016, 08:47:57 AM »
I used Slickguns dot com to search for a CZ 75 Compact with a steel frame. When using Slickguns, try to use the UPC code for the pistol and not the name of the pistol. If you search for CZ 75 Compact you will basically be searching for the whole CZ 75 Compact line. The CZ page on each firearm will not show he UPC. What I did was check out Buds Gun shop for each pistol using the SKU from CZ-USA web page, the Buds Guns page will usually have the UPC code listed for each pistol. Using the UPC will give more specific hits on that model when searching using Slickguns.

I searched for the CZ 75 Compact with SKU: 91190, basically the steel frame version with two 14 round magazines. Buds Guns showed the UPC for this model to be 806703911908. My searching for this UPC brought up all sold out when I was searching. So I started looking for the other steel frame CZ 75 Compact.

If you really want a steel frame CZ Compact 75, you can try buying the CZ 75 Compact with SKU: 01190, this model has two 10 round magazines and a UPC of 806703011905. I used the Contact CZ-USA on their web page to ask if there were any physical differences between these two pistols and this is the reply I received from CZ-USA.

"The guns themselves are identical, and are only SKU'ed differently because of the different magazine capacities that are specified as shipping with each model. You're good to go!"

Another place to try in Houston, Texas is Top Gun Range, https://www.topgunrange.com/ . They had a few new CZ for sale and they had a few CZ to rent. Sadly they did not have the CZ 75 Compact steel frame version to rent or for sale when I stopped by so I had to buy one online.

Offline roadrunner1

« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2017, 12:02:42 AM »
8 months later, they're even more scarce. 

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2017, 12:15:55 AM »
The factory makes guns in cycles, and CZ-USA is pretty much at the mercy of whatever they stuff on the plane, plus whatever is hot will get more attention. Another really important factor is the factory had multiple military and LE contracts to fill world wide, so sometimes civilian production of whatever that exact line produces might wait for a while, until that contract is filled. I really, really, really wish CZ-UB would build a factory here...preferably here in AZ...just sayin'...again...  8)

Offline spiritfox

« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2017, 07:12:14 AM »
Haven't used them but Oak Hill Guns always seems to have quite a few in stock. 

Offline K3JB

« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2017, 07:22:16 AM »
We have the same problem in Maryland, if you see one in a store it will not be there next time you come in.
It takes a bit of searching to find what your looking for.
"Blessed is the man, who having nothing to say, abstains from giving wordy evidence of the fact." - George Eliot

Offline S2K

« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2017, 12:49:39 AM »
CZ's here in San Diego, CA were never to be found 4-5 years ago. I remember buying my first CZ. It was a 75B. They're gaining more popularity out here.

Offline oldfrank

« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2017, 08:03:00 AM »
I have had Gunwatcher" website clue me in to several online.

I also have five or six online stores I check when hunting for a CZ

iammo
Damascus Gun Shop
Grabagun
kentucky gun co
Buds

Offline PnoyGeek

« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2017, 09:44:58 AM »
www.kingshooters.com posted this video of a steel CZ 75D Compact with rail.  The frame is marked  P-01 but they said it has a steel slide which can be possible since it exacltly the same slide. CZ does mix and match part depending on what is available. They did not show the right side of the pistol so it can be verified if it has the NSN to check if it is actially a P-01.

Offline Vinny

« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2017, 09:48:47 AM »
I use deguns.net and enter my email for a immediate notification when another batch arrives. Gets me 1st in line. At least they get quite a few in when they arrive. Bought my last four CZ's that way. Unfortunately, some models like RAMI BD take many months for another batch to arrive. Last time 20+ sold out in less than 24 hours. I love my little RAMI. :)
« Last Edit: May 06, 2017, 11:12:47 AM by Vinny »
"Without Fear, there can be no Courage"
"Carpe Diem"

Offline S2K

« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2017, 11:09:11 AM »
kygunco, Damascus and Grabagun are my go-to shops for CZ's.

Offline mjbjhu

« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2017, 04:20:28 PM »
seems like they are hard to find around here in maryland.  Some places can order but delivery seems erratic

Offline roadrunner1

« Reply #26 on: May 18, 2017, 10:08:48 PM »
Does anyone know anything about ordering direct from the factory or is this a myth?

Offline dominic135

« Reply #27 on: May 18, 2017, 11:35:22 PM »
I've noticed that myself. To me there is no finer looking compact than the PO-1 but it's been almost a year since I've seen one listed for sale. Up till the last few months, there were CZ75 compacts out there. Sellers try to tell you they are the same thing but there is one important difference if you want one for carry. The 75 compact is 4 oz, heavier! Love them as I do, even the PO-1 is close to 2 lbs. and for me (a bit wider at the waist, than the hips), that is still too much weight.
In order to keep my pants up, either I lose weight, or the gun does! Just bought an M&P Shield 9mm that weighs 19oz. unloaded. I'm actually beginning to feel comfortable with it. This is my first composite gun as well as my first hammerless. Right now they are on sale at Budsguns for about $260 after a $75 mail-in rebate. My range gun is a CZ75b, also in short supply right now. I love my CZ, but as I said... it's a  bit heavy to carry. Took me a good month, shooting twice a week to get used to the trigger. IT's a great gun and a great trigger too but after mastering the CZ trigger, it feels unusual. Considering my love of CZ's, I'm taken with the M&P. It will never be as accurate as my CZ but keep in mind, unless you are hunting down a bad guy, your range will be 3-7 yds. At 65, I'm not going to be on the attack!
You do have an option. Clones! Check out Tristar guns on Budsgunshop.com. They have 3 versions of the 75 Compact designated as the 100 series. they have a C-100, P-100 and T-100, all available for $385 and under. They all have 5 star ratings, all built on the CZ75 Compact internal parts. One benefit they offer is that they are lighter than CZ's because of an alloy frame. No plastics used but check out the finishes. One has a Cerakote finish, but the others are reputed to be not as durable as the CZ finish. They are still up there in weight for a CC but much lighter than the 75 Compact. EAA also has some fine CZ clones but the pricing is pretty close to CZ's.

Offline recoilguy

« Reply #28 on: May 19, 2017, 10:30:37 AM »
I have more CZ's then most of the gun stores I go to.
I like it that way!

RCG
........Its that you shoot!

Offline rdcinhou

• Coat of Arms for Uherský Brod
« Reply #29 on: May 19, 2017, 05:42:13 PM »
I have more CZ's then most of the gun stores I go to.
I like it that way!

RCG

Perhaps we should have a POLL on how many CZs we have.
The only problem that I see with doing that is it is a moving target--I just added another this past week!
CZ 24, CZ 27, CZ 38, CZ 45, CZ 52, Vzor 70, CZ75BΩ, CZ75D PCR Compact, CZ 75 P07 Duty, CZ75 SP-01 Phantom, CZ P09 DUTY, P10C, CZ 82, CZ 83, CZ 97BE, CZ 452 American. CZ 550 UCS (Urban Counter Sniper), CZ 805 Bren, DUO  & Z