Author Topic: cz 75b vs SP-01  (Read 27039 times)

Offline Ruber

cz 75b vs SP-01
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2016, 09:38:49 AM »
Now I have a 75 B SA converted to DA, full length slide rail (same slide as the SP01) extended mag release, extended safety, upswept beavertail, and no rail, it is awesome. Buy a CZ 75B SA and do what I did.
This!!!   ;) :D

SPO1SHADOW

Re: cz 75b vs SP-01
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2016, 02:55:55 PM »
Now I have a 75 B SA converted to DA, full length slide rail (same slide as the SP01) extended mag release, extended safety, upswept beavertail, and no rail, it is awesome. Buy a CZ 75B SA and do what I did.
This!!!   ;) :D

This!!!

Offline Rhino

« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2016, 03:17:51 PM »
Ruber and SP01SHADOW, coming from two CZ aficionados like ya'll I feel honored, complimented, and all around good about myself and my decision to trick out the SA.

Offline KME

« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2016, 09:30:35 AM »
I own a 75 BD and prefer it over the heavier front end of the SP-01. This is a target/range pistol so I do not need the rail.

+1. The BD is more comfortable for me and I shoot more accurately with the BD. My son prefers my SP-01 over the BD.

SPO1SHADOW

« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2016, 09:37:15 AM »
Ruber and SP01SHADOW, coming from two CZ aficionados like ya'll I feel honored, complimented, and all around good about myself and my decision to trick out the SA.

You maximized your purchase. I like that kind of thinking.

Offline Ruber

cz 75b vs SP-01
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2016, 10:03:05 PM »

You maximized your purchase. I like that kind of thinking.
Absolutely, and it really is a configuration I would like to see come from the factory.

Truly a wealth of knowledge and experience here.  When I first got into hi powers, they were really one of the cheaper autos, certainly cheaper than a 1911, S&W or Sig.  My family and friends would get one and tweak it all sorts of configurations, get them just how we liked them.  Kinda like erector sets for grown ups.

I feel like CZ has really filled that role now for me.  Fun stuff!
« Last Edit: August 28, 2016, 11:52:54 PM by Ruber »

Offline Rhino

« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2016, 11:22:34 PM »
The CZ 75 isn't as complicated as a BHP though IMO.

Offline Ruber

cz 75b vs SP-01
« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2016, 11:56:44 PM »
Ya, probably... The HP is the handgun I grew up on, so some things still feel more intuitive to me...

also, I only have pre-fpb hi powers where all my CZ's have them.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2016, 12:00:32 AM by Ruber »

Offline Rhino

« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2016, 01:00:05 PM »
I've worked on BHP's, CZ's, 1911's and by far the BHP is definitely the most original and complex design for me anyway. It's the only pistol I'm aware of that the fire control linkage goes from the frame to the slide and back to the frame. Lot of moving parts.

Offline Ruber

« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2016, 11:54:18 PM »
ahhh... ok... sorry for mentioning the bhp...

What I was trying to get at is that the 75 platform offers great versatility and performance at a good price.

In my neighborhood, the 75B, SA, and SP01 are all cheaper than a glock 17.  Parts, kits, and knowledge base are readily available from mild to wild.

Offline Rhino

« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2016, 09:05:11 AM »
ahhh... ok... sorry for mentioning the bhp...

What I was trying to get at is that the 75 platform offers great versatility and performance at a good price.

In my neighborhood, the 75B, SA, and SP01 are all cheaper than a glock 17.  Parts, kits, and knowledge base are readily available from mild to wild.

I need to move to your neighborhood. 😄

Offline Ruber

« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2016, 12:45:29 PM »

I need to move to your neighborhood.
Yes, pretty nice if you are a CZ fan.  Whether by design or not, CZ and CZ-USA work really well with CA.  The relatively long production of fpb models like the 75B keep CZ's on the state's approved handgun list.  Then CZ-USA works with many CA friendly distributors like AcuSport.

While people are posting about CZ's out of stock, I can ride my bike to at least 4 shops that all have RAMI's, 75B's, and SP01's in stock right now, many on sale.

But ya, a 4th gen Glock will run you $650+ if you can find one....

Offline Navigation

« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2016, 10:48:07 PM »
I own both, I like them both.  The rail is cool, but I like the traditional look of the 75 B over the SP01.  As far as funtion, they both are fantastic shooters, and I honestly shoot them both a lot.  If you made me choose, I would take the 75 b SA.   Recoil  and reliability have never been a problem for me, with any of my CZs.  Just my humble opinion. 
Now remember, when things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb, mad-dog mean. 'Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win.

Offline RenegadeDave

• Pontificating on the Process
    • My Youtube Page!
« Reply #28 on: August 31, 2016, 05:55:03 AM »
The enhanced frame is nicer on the SP01- the higher beaver tail and relieved trigger guard let you grip a little higher on the gun and is s touch more comfortable to me.  There is very slightly less muzzle climb in the SP01 than my 75B. My big gripes about the 75B is really the non beveled mag well and the smaller round magazine release.  Either will serve you fine.  The mag bodies on the 75B magazines are nicer than the SP01 mag bodies.  The 75B slide does cycle faster as it is less massive than the SP01, but again the muzzle climb is ever so slightly exaggerated.  I recommend the SP01 purely for the enhanced frame if you are doing action pistol stuff, but for plinking either one would be fine and you wouldn't notice

Sent from an iDevice.  Please forgive any grammatical or spelling errors.  If the post doesn't make sense or is not amusing then it is technology's fault and most certainly not operator error.
Check out my Youtube channel! I geek out on CZ's and post match videos. 
https://www.youtube.com/user/GoliathGT

Offline Swamp ash

« Reply #29 on: August 31, 2016, 09:47:20 AM »
I like the 75 version better as far as looks, and I don't need a rail, so that was my choice.  I am sure either is great since they are inherently the same machine.  I think this is mainly an issue of aesthetics and perhaps, availability.

Newer 75s seem to have the upswept beaver tail, so I think that difference is moot.

Now, I am lusting after a PCR (I've made the convincing argument that we "need" a smaller companion O0).

But, I think my message is clear:

If you decide upon an SP-01, then you NEED a P-01; and,
if you decide upon a 75, then it is obvious you NEED a PCR, too.
Replicate the patterns across scales in this fractal first world...
Ruger rimfire fan

anything