Author Topic: Anyone hunting with a Bren?  (Read 1164 times)

Offline krazyukrainian

Anyone hunting with a Bren?
« on: August 31, 2016, 05:56:02 PM »
Anyone use a CZ Bren to hunt?

Offline Franz Maurer

• http://youtu.be/dtUdllX5Vpo
    • http://youtu.be/dtUdllX5Vpo
Re: Anyone hunting with a Bren?
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2016, 02:07:43 PM »
hunt what ?

75B .40 ; P-01 ; kadet2 ; '94 witness .45 - slim nose 1of999 ; samopal vz.58 ; tin foil hat.

Offline M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2016, 07:55:02 PM »
No.  But if it's accurate enough it should make a great varmint gun.

I used to hunt ground hogs/woodchucks and crows with a .223 and it was always one shot and they were done (I did miss a couple/three ground hogs over the years, I'm wasn't perfect when I was younger and I'm less so now).

If I ever get started varmint hunting again I'd be using one of my AR15's in .223 (5.56X45) with soft point or hollow point bullets.  A couple of them are very accurate.

I used to deer hunt with my M1A.  Deer don't know the difference when a .308 caliber bullet hits them, whether its an M1A/FAL/AR10 or a bolt action hunting rifle.  Same for varmints.  A fast moving .223 softpoint will do the job if the rifle is accurate enough.

Not that a well placed .223 round won't kill a deer, it's just not legal for deer where I live.

What kind of varmints to you have where you hunt?
Better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it.  So, if you see me walking the dogs with my SIG 556R, its okay.

Offline BisonWorld

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2016, 10:29:20 AM »
I may use my Grendel for deer this year if I can find the time to finish load development and actually find a free weekend to go hunting. 5month old baby and what not has all that kind of on a secondary time line though.

anything