Author Topic: CZ's for SSP and BUG  (Read 703 times)

Offline cgoodwin

CZ's for SSP and BUG
« on: August 31, 2016, 10:50:52 PM »
After extensive reading and the purchase of four CZ's to replace my stable of Sigs, I have figured out my competition guns. I currently shoot IDPA SSP and BUG and am a dedicated decocker from my Sig days. I had already purchased the PCR and a SP-01 Tactical before I thought about the "why." As the PCR is too long for SSP and the SP-01 has the full length dust cover, they will not meet my needs for IDPA.

I purchased a CZ 75 BD and a RAMI BD today and will take them out this weekend for a couple of practice sessions. The 75 will need the serrated trigger replaced, because of my sensitive trigger finger, but the RAMI feels like a dream in it's stock form on dry fire practice.

I appreciate any comments or feedback and also wanted to perhaps help other new CZ shooters who may have similar questions.

And for the "pics or it didn;t happen" folks...

Offline sdunsworth

Re: CZ's for SSP and BUG
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2016, 10:13:15 PM »
Nice looking couple pieces! Congrats and welcome!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline bigdave24

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2016, 11:24:17 PM »
The cz pcr and sp-01 tactical are both fine for idpa ssp.

Offline cgoodwin

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2016, 12:01:09 AM »
Sorry, meant to say the PCR was too long ion the barrel for BUG!

For local matches I understand that the SP-01 is fine, but doesn't the full length dust cover and the weight make it a no-go once you get to tiered matches?

Offline bigdave24

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2016, 08:04:12 PM »
Weight for ssp has been raised to 43 oz, so a stock sp-01 tactical is fine for any level of idpa ssp.  Dust cover comes into play with single action.

Offline cgoodwin

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2016, 08:11:57 PM »
Good to know! Now I have a CZ 75 BD to sell...

Offline RenegadeDave

• Pontificating on the Process
    • My Youtube Page!
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2016, 09:22:09 PM »
Keep it for a back up

Sent from an iDevice.  Please forgive any grammatical or spelling errors.  If the post doesn't make sense or is not amusing then it is technology's fault and most certainly not operator error.
Check out my Youtube channel! I geek out on CZ's and post match videos. 
https://www.youtube.com/user/GoliathGT

Offline Gducoing

« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2016, 09:44:26 PM »
The cz pcr and sp-01 tactical are both fine for idpa ssp.
Yes, agreed. I shot my SP 01 Tactical (decocker) for SSP and it was great since I started in half cock position.
Switching to ESP for use of my SA and added magwell.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Offline Canuck44

« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2016, 11:17:43 AM »
Your PCR is perfect for CCP Division, probably the best pistol I know of for that division actually.  It will certainly give the Glock 19 a run for it's money.  Your SP-01 decicker is fine for SSP.  The decocker affords little to no advantage over the DA/SA guns frankly.  The latter can be tuned to places the decocker just can't go to.  In any event the difference will have no impact on your scoring.   

Lighter guns are easier to drive than heavier ones which might explain why the polyner guns do so well in IDPA beyond the shooter factor.  CZ made the 75 Shadowline specifically for IDPA SSP Division and that gun is a real player in IDPA.  That is not to say your SP-01 wont be competitive.  You will do alright with the gun to be sure.

Take Care

Bob
Je Suis Charlie

Offline TDoug

« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2016, 06:10:09 PM »
Sadly, if the new rule book is approved as currently written, the Rami will not fit the box for BUG division. Too tall and too heavy.  I know a lot of people have guns they bought specifically to compete in BUG that will no longer fit in the box.  Hopefully the specifications will be modified to include the Rami and some others, like my SIG P320SC.  I understand the 1911 style guns will all be too heavy for BUG.

Offline Tanners Owner

« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2016, 08:00:11 PM »
Yup agree with you there. Wish they would stop creating more restrictive equipment/ division rules. Certainly impacts members buying decisions.
Like a midget at a urinal, I'll have to keep on my toes

anything