Author Topic: Stainless CZ 75 Compact?  (Read 14509 times)

Offline Tyerone

• Saving the planet.
Re: Stainless CZ 75 Compact?
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2016, 04:04:07 PM »
OK, so I'll buy the Stainless Compact
Keep and mod the Frame to my liking
Then sell-off the Upper, to some deserving soul, that already owns a Stainless 75B and "really" want the makin's for an all Stainless Semi Compact    8)

I know.....what a guy   :o

Ha ha!  I knew you'd show up in this thread!  I kind of feel that I settled/rationalized my recent PCR purchase.  You know. . . lighter carry, upper still works with the FS frame, etc.  That said, I really like the looks of the standard compact slide without front serrations, chamber loaded indicator, even its utilitarian rear sight.  Stainless Steel!  No sir!  I'd probably save up for the SS Compact complete and keep them all!  And here I never considered myself a 9mm kind of guy just a handful of years ago!

Offline Obiwan

« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2016, 06:28:27 PM »
Hrm... every time I check this forum, I gotta take a look at that beautiful picture in post #1....

May have to get one. I wonder how the slide would look on a PCR frame ceracoated in silver....

Stojanovich

« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2016, 07:57:47 PM »
I'd just like to know if it's still in production or if it's something that was made in a limited production run?

The Czech CZ site is a little ambiguous:

http://www.czub.cz/en/cz-75-compact.html

"Versions differ in their caliber, size, weight, magazine capacity, trigger mechanism operation, safety elements, surface finish, grip panel types and other specific modifications."

So they're not really saying that they make a stainless CZ 75 Compact, per se, but they're not really saying they don't.

Offline Jaems

« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2016, 01:05:52 PM »
A SS PCR, my Porsche wants one and so does my Escape.

Offline M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2016, 08:06:31 PM »
I thought I bought a used stainless steel CZ 75 Compact last year.  Turned out to be a satin nickel finished CZ 75 Compact. 

Still, a very "pretty" gun (that now belongs to my wife).
I just keep wasting time and money on other brands trying to find/make one shoot like my P07 and P09.  What is wrong with me?

Offline DenStinett

• HALT, Who goes there?
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2016, 10:55:28 PM »
Still, a very "pretty" gun (that now belongs to my wife).

You know women
They do love pretty, shinny thigs
So tell me again how Trump was worse then the 8 years before .... AND what's coming after HIM !

Offline tekarra

« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2016, 01:52:48 PM »
I need one as well.

Stojanovich

« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2016, 01:33:34 AM »
Who would one contact at CZ-USA, I wonder?

Offline SI VIS PACEM PARRABELLUM

« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2016, 06:04:09 AM »
Who would one contact at CZ-USA, I wonder?

CZ-USA sales should know if they are available to U.S. or not.

Offline Indy_Tim

« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2016, 03:40:27 PM »
I took a look at the FB page and don't see anywhere where it mentions that this is a new product.  Hopefully I missed it and it will be a new offering, but right now I think this is just a photo of someone's hard chrome pistol with matte rounds and brushed flats.  I have a friend that has that exact pistol, right down to the Hogue grips.

I want CZ to produce a stainless compact, but I don't think this is it.  I'm not sure we'll see one anytime soon either.  I had asked a rep at the NRA convention in Louisville this year why they don't do more in stainless and his response was that stainless pistols are a niche market in America and that CZ is a world focused company.  CZ's focus is on supplying excellent service pistols to the world market and with a few notable exceptions, they are happy to stay out of the small volume stuff.

He was just a rep, but it makes sense to me.  My Holy Grail pistol would be a stainless 97B Compact in 10mm, but I don't think that will ever happen.  They could do that, but they won't.

Stojanovich

« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2016, 04:07:47 PM »
I took a look at the FB page and don't see anywhere where it mentions that this is a new product.  Hopefully I missed it and it will be a new offering, but right now I think this is just a photo of someone's hard chrome pistol with matte rounds and brushed flats.  I have a friend that has that exact pistol, right down to the Hogue grips.

I want CZ to produce a stainless compact, but I don't think this is it.  I'm not sure we'll see one anytime soon either.  I had asked a rep at the NRA convention in Louisville this year why they don't do more in stainless and his response was that stainless pistols are a niche market in America and that CZ is a world focused company.  CZ's focus is on supplying excellent service pistols to the world market and with a few notable exceptions, they are happy to stay out of the small volume stuff.

He was just a rep, but it makes sense to me.  My Holy Grail pistol would be a stainless 97B Compact in 10mm, but I don't think that will ever happen.  They could do that, but they won't.

Thanks.  That makes perfect sense to me.  I can understand why there isn't much demand by either police or military forces to equip their people with stainless steel sidearms...and they're, like you said, who drives production.  The difference in cost, alone, between stainless and non-stainless would be significant.

Well, here's hoping that maybe if enough of us pester them about it, CZ will eventually do a limited-run of stainless 75B Compacts for the US market.

What makes me think this an actual stainless 75 Compact is the sheen of the metal and that the trigger, hammer and safety all match.  I've seen other allegedly 'stainless' 75 Compacts that were really just nickel finish and incorrectly listed online that way:

Pretty clear that one's nickel.  The 75 Compact above this one really looks like it's stainless.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2016, 07:27:52 AM by Stojanovich »

Offline ZardozCZ

• Recently returned to shooting and loving it!
« Reply #26 on: October 04, 2016, 08:53:38 PM »
A stainless Compact or P-01 would see my card flying to the counter faster than Superman could catch a bullet! That is one pistol I would not hesitate a second to purchase. Are you listening CZ? Please?!?!?
"We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love.... and then we return home."
Aboriginal Proverb

Offline DirtsCZ

« Reply #27 on: October 05, 2016, 04:00:37 PM »
A stainless Compact or P-01 would see my card flying to the counter faster than Superman could catch a bullet! That is one pistol I would not hesitate a second to purchase. Are you listening CZ? Please?!?!?

I agree - but they need to make it like the full sized version and offer it with a ambi-safety

Offline rhart

« Reply #28 on: October 15, 2016, 02:10:30 PM »
CZ needs to look into mass customization production so each of us can get their dream gun.
Musashi:
- In all forms of strategy, it is necessary to maintain the combat stance in everyday life and to make your everyday stance your combat stance. (situational awareness).
- You can only fight the way you practice.
- If you do not control the enemy, the enemy will control you.

Offline mfer

« Reply #29 on: October 15, 2016, 04:42:20 PM »
Droooooool.   PCR PLEASE!!!!!

anything