Author Topic: Holsters that your Witness happens to fit in...  (Read 213709 times)

TRob

Re: Holsters that your Witness happens to fit in...
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2009, 10:47:12 AM »
I wanted a shoulder holster for my full size Witness (steel) in 40 S&W.  I like to take a pistol with me hunting and a shoulder holster keeps the pistol out of the way when toting a rifle and pushing through the brush.  I had an old military shoulder holster for a 1911 and no 1911 to go in it.  Soaked it in warm water for a few minutes.  Slipped my Witness into a large zip lock baggy and shoved it into the wet holster.  With my fingers I kinda smoothed the leather to the contours of the Witness and let it dry over night.  Now its my "custom" shoulder rig!  Worked out great.

Probably could do the same with any other thin leather lightly molded holster.

Out West

I've made a few holsters, I wet them with alcohol to mold then re-oil. Less likely to rust & dries faster, My two cents. ::)

Offline jwc007

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2009, 01:18:27 PM »
Walmart's Sporting Goods Department sells a rather generic Crosman holster for their "Soft Air" pellet pistols that will fit Witnesses and CZ's.  There is a spare magazine pouch in front of it that will hold 9mm and .45 magazines.
"Easy is the path to wisdom for those not blinded by ego." - Yoda

For all of those killed by a 9mm: "Get up! You are not dead! You were shot with a useless cartridge!"

Offline kdanie

« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2009, 08:36:06 PM »
I have two holsters that fit my Witness full size .45.

The first is a generic nylon IWB from Gunmate, similar to Uncle Mikes. It's ok but I prefer more of a cant that it can provide so I am currently looking for a replacement. It's not bad for all day carry though.

The second is a Brauer Bros. (out of business) JA25 vertical shoulder rig. It's nicely made with a metal spring in the front opening to keep tension on the pistol. I have found that I DON'T like carrying the full size .45 in it all day. It will be up for sale soon.

ken

Life is an adventure, not something to be suffered through!

Offline gooddrift

« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2009, 08:54:53 AM »
I just purchased an EAA Witness Steel 45acp and have been searching for holsters. The G-code and Blade techs are the obvious best picks for most, but I found that a Safariland # 567-51 fits both my CZ's 75 and 85C and my full size Witness. These holsters in the belt versions have disappeared from Safariland's web site,(a similiar paddle version remains) but are still available from Midway for about $33.. This holster is a sort of "generic fit" type but the various adjustments allow a very good fit in many pistols. Regarding bang for the buck, this one is hard to beat.

Offline WSC45

« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2009, 12:10:40 AM »
Edit
« Last Edit: January 10, 2010, 08:31:04 PM by WSC45 »

Offline jwc007

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2009, 12:49:11 AM »
It should also be noted that the EAA Witness Compacts and the Mid-Size P-Carry will fit in the Fobus HK1 Holster, as does the CZ P01.

For all of those killed by a 9mm: "Get up! You are not dead! You were shot with a useless cartridge!"

bigphil

« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2009, 07:51:33 PM »
I emailed comp-tac to see if they would make one......................NOPE.

I must admit, after having a Spartan for another pistol, I think the design is a little better than the crossbreed supertuck I have.  For one, the clips are better.

Offline blackcampbell

« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2009, 08:49:37 PM »
My Galco Yaqui paddle fits both the CZ-85 Combat and Tanfoglio .45.

Cletus VanDam

« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2009, 09:00:41 PM »
I always wonder what europeans use, for their CZ and Witness holsters.
Know any europeans?

Cle
« Last Edit: February 26, 2009, 01:28:40 AM by Cletus VanDam »

Offline blackcampbell

« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2009, 12:06:07 AM »
Know any europeans?

Does "used to be" count?  Scottish.  I found the Fobus paddle for the Sig 228/9 fit, as does the Serpa for the same (but it holds the gun quite loosely.  Both Galco Yaquis hold it, and apparently their SOB does, according to my cousin.  (She's still technically a European, but waiting on that seven years.)

Offline hardluk1

« Reply #25 on: March 18, 2009, 06:54:13 PM »
I have safariland paddle holster that is leather and adjustable for pressure ,nice holster . Works well with just a belt or in the pants and is easy on the gun.

Offline jwc007

• Global Moderator
« Reply #26 on: March 18, 2009, 07:53:01 PM »
I have safariland paddle holster that is leather and adjustable for pressure ,nice holster . Works well with just a belt or in the pants and is easy on the gun.

Can you give us the exact Safariland Model Number?  With all the different models that Safariland makes, it would be very nice to know. 

Safariland Holsters have very good reputations for durability. I've been using one for a Taurus PT92 for years and would like to have one for my Witnesses.

A posted pic of the Safariland Holster with the Witness in it would also be nice.

Offline hardluk1

« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2009, 11:11:29 AM »
Safariland model 568  Works well on just belt as in picture on on pants.

Offline jwc007

• Global Moderator
« Reply #28 on: March 20, 2009, 12:57:36 AM »
Thanks for the pic hardluk1!  I thought it might be that model.

bigphil

« Reply #29 on: May 11, 2009, 07:36:06 PM »
I just got my MTAC (from comptac) a few days ago.  Ordered for a witness compact 45 steel.  I ordered the mtac for a CZ75 9mm compact.  And it fits.  Best holster out there in my opinion.  I've had the Spartan and it was good and I was pleased with it, but spent the extra $16 to get the MTAC and it is even better.

Gun fits good.  I prefer this one to the Crossbreed supertuck I had it in.  The clips are so much better. Avoid j-hook clips.

ETA:  A few pics.

« Last Edit: May 11, 2009, 07:55:44 PM by bigphil »

anything