Author Topic: Thoughts on Brass Sorting  (Read 2028 times)

Offline Bret

Re: Thoughts on Brass Sorting
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2016, 10:22:04 PM »
I guess my effort is for QC (the different color primers are for fun and they look good). Since I'm still learning and striving for excellence, I like to eliminate potential problems that are easy enough for me to control. I also like how they look all neat in boxes, professional like. I'm also having a ton of fun.
+1
I'm probably not a good enough shot for it to make a significant difference, but I keep my brass sorted as I shoot.  It doesn't really take effort at all and I don't lose time.  Over the years, I've seen a good amount of variability (weight, wall thickness) with 40S&W, so I'd personally recommend keeping it sorted.

Offline Towns

« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2016, 10:22:56 AM »
1Sow, not only do you shoot more than I do, I think you drink more coffee than I do, too😃

Sent from my VS500 using Tapatalk

“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Offline 1SOW

• GO GREEN - Recycle 9MM
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2016, 08:16:16 PM »
Towns, unless you sleep less than 7 hrs per night  I definitely drink more coffee than you do.
Things at home have changed some,  so I can't shoot twice a week now.  My grocery bill increased due to those little ground up beans,  but they are cheaper than bullets. :)
« Last Edit: September 30, 2016, 08:22:16 PM by 1SOW »

Offline Wobbly

• Administrator
  • Loves the smell of VihtaVuori in the morning !
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2016, 09:12:35 AM »
This reminds me, anyone starting to reload 45ACP or 223 should drop me a PM. I've recently received about 50 lbs of mixed brass for calibers I don't shoot.

Now back to the regularly scheduled program.   ;)
In God we trust; On 'Starting Load' we rely.