Author Topic: Czechpoint VZ 58  (Read 12739 times)

Offline Brasky

Re: Czechpoint VZ 58
« Reply #45 on: October 28, 2016, 07:54:50 AM »
I never said that 99% of all VZ2008 are junk, I said 99% of all guns put together (build)by Century are Junk, remember the Cetme, Mas 49/56, WASR, the worst was the Tantal etc..

The VZ2008 had issues from day 1 but I would agree the later 1s are better and more reliable also do u remember the OOW Fiasco with the VZ2000, these were so unreliable and OOW could never fix them but they finally quit making them.

The worst receiver U can get on a VZ2008 is the ORF junk ones which had so many issues it was sad!

It does seem all who have a VZ2008 do have the Tab installed afterwards and hope for the best.

I have a few kits and thought about doing 1 VZ58, but the prob was a receiver and even the bad ones were going for over $200.  way back when, its just not worth it!                                 

In a matter of a few posts you stated that WASRs were century built despite being built in Romania and lest we forget they are considered some of the most robust of stamped AKs, a full auto range that has tested numerous types of AKs found that the Wasr typically lasts longer than any of the others including Arsenal. Most last 80,000-100,000 rounds at that range.

Then you stated milled need 4 OR 5 parts and stamped need 5 OR 6 despite earlier saying all milled need 5 and all stamped need 6.

This is a forum for the VZ58. If you think it is a flawed design in semi-auto mode, then why are you here? !!!!
« Last Edit: October 28, 2016, 08:05:26 AM by Brasky »

Offline slimjim

« Reply #46 on: October 28, 2016, 04:39:35 PM »
OMG! Seems when some find out as to how wrong their info is and then take what I said and twist/turn it around!

I never said VZ and AK were the same but included the AK info since some dnt know and need to IMP. VZ58s need 5 US 922 parts and milled AK's need 5 US parts but some may need only 4 same with the Galil! 

QUOTE!

Then you stated milled need 4 OR 5 parts and stamped need 5 OR 6 despite earlier saying all milled need 5 and all stamped need 6.
END O QUOTE!

Correct I simply went into further detail! VZ=5, Milled AK=5 but only 4 depending on barrel configuration. Stamped AK=6.

Most CSA guns use only 5 US parts which CSA states is all that is required NOT 6 as some here believe, but on some models due to lack of original parts they use 6 or 7 US parts and tell U only 5 are required!  CSA is as of last yr. also building some VZ 58's here Stateside!

There are many Century WASR variants and some have been build by Century since 2008 with Nodak receivers and Green Mt. barrels, however the original WASR rifles were imported and then disassembled here and mag well widened and US parts added and then rebuild by Century!

Century also build some PLS rifles from kits with us receivers etc..

Brasky I do feel bad about all the issues Ur VZ 2008 has been having, sadly seems like a new 1 everytime U shoot (try to) it!

Offline RSR

« Reply #47 on: October 28, 2016, 05:54:37 PM »
Slimjim -- how does 16 minus 10 equal 5? 

Also, you do realize that to import a weapon requires no US made parts?  It's when altering from that import sporter configuration that 922r and US parts count comes into play.

No one is twisting your words.  For whatever reason, your posts remind me, and presumably others, of Donald Trump at the debates...  Half thoughts and twists and turns and wild assertions...

Again, please respond, and factually disprove this post point by point.  If you cannot or will not, please stop hijacking the OP's thread with off topic and factually incorrect BS.

My answer was 100% correct, and yours continues to be completely wrong.

Tell me, which of the following and previously posted 16 parts are not present on the new Czechpoint guns.  You need to eliminate at least one for your insistence on 5 to be correct.

Here's a hint -- you can't.  As illustrated in the Czechpoint listing they mentioned 5, 6, and 7 US compliant parts!  The fact that they're terrible at their website listings has absolutely no affect on the letter of the law, which is a max of 10 foreign-made parts.

Slimjim, you have your facts wrong.  There are 16 total 922r parts on any VZ58 with a muzzle device, and per the law a maximum of 10 of those parts can be foreign made.  Basic arithmetic then concludes the requirement of 6 US made parts.

You can go w/ 5, but then you are in violation of the law (again, with perhaps the exception of Dtech and early Czechpoint VZ58s with permanently welded barrel extensions).  Again, here are the 16 total 922r parts present on (most) VZ58s and variants.

Sixteen parts, need 6 US parts.

1 Receiver
2 Barrel
3 Muzzle attachment
4 Bolt
5 Bolt carrier
6 Gas piston
7 Trigger
8 Hammer
9 Sear
10 Disconnector
11 Buttstock
12 Pistol grip
13 Forearm, handguard
14 Magazine body
15 Follower
16 Floorplate

Offline slimjim

« Reply #48 on: October 28, 2016, 07:01:53 PM »

Quote from: RSR on October 26, 2016, 03:44:14 AM

1 Receiver
2 Barrel
3 Muzzle attachment
4 Bolt
5 Bolt carrier
6 Gas piston
7 Trigger
8 Hammer
9 Sear
10 Disconnector
11 Buttstock
12 Pistol grip
13 Forearm, handguard
14 Magazine body
15 Follower
16 Floorplate

End of QUOTE!

OMG! U really don't know much about the VZ58! It has 15 not 16 ! The VZ 58 DOES NOT HAVE A HAMMER, it has a "STRYKER"!

NO please post U have been 100% Wrong!

Offline Brasky

« Reply #49 on: October 28, 2016, 07:13:14 PM »

Quote from: RSR on October 26, 2016, 03:44:14 AM

1 Receiver
2 Barrel
3 Muzzle attachment
4 Bolt
5 Bolt carrier
6 Gas piston
7 Trigger
8 Hammer
9 Sear
10 Disconnector
11 Buttstock
12 Pistol grip
13 Forearm, handguard
14 Magazine body
15 Follower
16 Floorplate

End of QUOTE!

OMG! U really don't know much about the VZ58! It has 15 not 16 ! The VZ 58 DOES NOT HAVE A HAMMER, it has a "STRYKER"!

NO please post U have been 100% Wrong!

Last I checked it was a linear hammer

Offline slimjim

« Reply #50 on: October 28, 2016, 07:19:39 PM »
The Real "Experts" consider it a Stryker as does the BATF!

Offline slimjim

« Reply #51 on: October 28, 2016, 07:24:42 PM »
vz.58: The vz.58 does not use a conventional hammer; instead it utilizes a striker-fired design. The striker has a lug that interacts with a pair of sears, which are used to hold the striker in the cocked position. The trigger mechanism consists of two sears mounted side by side with one located slightly forward of the other. The auto sear on the right side is connected to a sear trip actuated by the bolt carrier. Unless the bolt is fully forward and locked into battery, the trip holds up the right-hand sear and the striker is held back. The left-hand sear works in concert with a disconnector for semiautomatic operation. There are two springs, one for the striker and another for the bolt carrier.

Is there anything else U would like to know about the VZ58?

Offline Brasky

« Reply #52 on: October 28, 2016, 08:24:38 PM »
vz.58: The vz.58 does not use a conventional hammer; instead it utilizes a striker-fired design. The striker has a lug that interacts with a pair of sears, which are used to hold the striker in the cocked position. The trigger mechanism consists of two sears mounted side by side with one located slightly forward of the other. The auto sear on the right side is connected to a sear trip actuated by the bolt carrier. Unless the bolt is fully forward and locked into battery, the trip holds up the right-hand sear and the striker is held back. The left-hand sear works in concert with a disconnector for semiautomatic operation. There are two springs, one for the striker and another for the bolt carrier.

So how many US made parts does a stamped VZ need again?

Offline slimjim

« Reply #53 on: October 28, 2016, 08:30:04 PM »
Don't know of any except the 1 u were "Trying" to build! Are U maybe talking about a stamped SKS? Yep those were made!

Just found this by RSR !

Quote!
Yes, Century had a really bad go with the Tantals, Golanis, CETMEs, etc. All of those were around 2008? The tantals were a 223 barrel, not 5.45. The bolt grinding and all of those issues were largely 2008 as well.

Not quite what he sais now!

Offline RSR

« Reply #54 on: October 28, 2016, 10:11:46 PM »
The Real "Experts" consider it a Stryker as does the BATF!

Provide the BATF letter stating as much.  Again, it doesn't exist.  Also, please point us to these supposed (self-anointed?) "experts."

A glock striker/firing pin:

A VZ58 linear hammer and bolt with firing pin as a separate component:
« Last Edit: October 28, 2016, 10:19:17 PM by RSR »

Offline RSR

« Reply #55 on: October 28, 2016, 10:15:19 PM »
Don't know of any except the 1 u were "Trying" to build! Are U maybe talking about a stamped SKS? Yep those were made!

Just found this by RSR !

Quote!
Yes, Century had a really bad go with the Tantals, Golanis, CETMEs, etc. All of those were around 2008? The tantals were a 223 barrel, not 5.45. The bolt grinding and all of those issues were largely 2008 as well.

Not quite what he sais now!

I acknowledged issues with the CETME and Tantal -- so where is the contradiction?  Century trying to build things in house in 2008 was a disaster which is why they largely outsource production to machine shops and qualified gunsmiths/builders since around 2009 or 2010 to present...  Could they still improve quality control, yes.  But their current products are not nearly as bad as Century haters would want others to believe.

Yes, Century screwed up the Century CETME, but the recent C308s are better.
[...]
Tantals had a chamber sizing issue on some barrels IIRC (likely a Green Mountain fault, presuming they made the barrels, and not Century's on the assembly side), but otherwise, haven't heard much bad about the Tantals that were going for sub-$500 typically and sub $400 quite often at the time...

Much of the rest of that post is as equally confused.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2016, 10:17:57 PM by RSR »

Offline RSR

« Reply #56 on: October 28, 2016, 10:27:14 PM »
vz.58: The vz.58 does not use a conventional hammer; instead it utilizes a striker-fired design. The striker [linear hammer] has a lug that interacts with a pair of sears, which are used to hold the striker [linear hammer] in the cocked position. The trigger mechanism consists of two sears mounted side by side with one located slightly forward of the other. The auto sear on the right side is connected to a sear trip actuated by the bolt carrier. Unless the bolt is fully forward and locked into battery, the trip holds up the right-hand sear and the striker is held back. The left-hand sear works in concert with a disconnector for semiautomatic operation. There are two springs, one for the striker and another for the bolt carrier.

This is like an essay exam where the question relates to a chapter you choose to skip in your study session.  By trying to (only partially correctly) reference what  you learned from the chapter(s) that you did skim, you hope the teacher/professor will take sympathy rather than giving a failing grade. 

I took the liberty of striking the portions of your post above that are completely incorrect.  Red characters are portions that may or may not be correct depending on your variant -- two functioning sears are illegal and would constitute a machinegun in the eyes of the BATF (as would a sear deactivation lever), both Czechpoint and Century use just one sear.  Green portions are text I inserted to correct.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2016, 10:31:06 PM by RSR »

Offline slimjim

« Reply #57 on: October 29, 2016, 12:17:54 AM »
922r does not count the number of U.S. parts, but rather the number of imported parts, from a list of major parts that they deem to be countable. You are not permitted to use more than 10 of these imported parts
the vz58 has 15 parts that the ATF counts for 922r and they are as follows:
1 receiver
2 barrel
3 barrel extension/muzzle device
4 bolt
5 bolt carrier
6 trigger
7 sear
8 disconnector
9 gas piston
10 magazine body
11 magazine follower
12 magazine floorplate
13 pistol grip
14 buttstock
15 handguards

Offline RSR

« Reply #58 on: October 29, 2016, 01:11:03 AM »
The VZ58 does not have a barrel extension -- your post is a copy/paste is BAD INFORMATION from another post where someone didn't realize what in fact a barrel extension was under the eyes of the BATF (it goes at the end opposite of the muzzle attachment) and has been incorrectly reposted numerous times over the years.  They also forgot the hammer.

The VZ58 does in fact have a hammer, a linear hammer, that you choose to ignore with the assertion that it is a striker.  As mentioned, a "striker" is a part which serves as both the "firing pin" and the "hammer."  The firing pin being a separate part from the VZ58's linear hammer, means by legal definition, that the VZ58s linear hammer IS NOT A STRIKER, by all practical, dictionary, and legal definitions.  B/c the VZ58's hammer doesn't pivot on a pin doesn't make it any less of a hammer...

In fact, as posted earlier by HowlinMad, a website devoted to 922r compliance cites the VZ58 as both having a hammer and 16 parts, thereby requiring 10.
http://922r.com/

Shockingly, that site agrees with the consensus of the resident experts here on this forum (a sub board devoted entirely and solely to the VZ58, that you deem less credible than your echo chamber "experts") that the following is the BATF 922r applicable parts for this weapon system.
1 Receiver
2 Barrel
3 Muzzle attachment
4 Bolt
5 Bolt carrier
6 Gas piston
7 Trigger
8 Hammer
9 Sear
10 Disconnector
11 Buttstock
12 Pistol grip
13 Forearm, handguard
14 Magazine body
15 Follower
16 Floorplate

I have termed the linear hammer a striker in the past, but this "beating a dead horse" of a thread is precisely why I decided to cleanup my terminology for this part earlier this year... 

At this point, any objective and reasonable person should be able to establish the facts of the matter.  I hope the mods shut this down as I'm unsubscribing.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2016, 01:13:20 AM by RSR »

Offline slimjim

« Reply #59 on: October 29, 2016, 01:38:52 AM »
Cant admit Ur wrong again, VZ has a Striker not a hammer but some falsely consider it as U do a Linear hammer, but the ATF doesn't agree with u and neither does CSA!

So why don't U contact them, as previously I've said all CSA VZs have 5 required parts but due to shortage they put 6 or 7 in some of their guns but tell u only 5 are needed!