Author Topic: AR15 in California  (Read 2056 times)

Offline wooshna

AR15 in California
« on: October 04, 2016, 04:24:26 AM »
Hi CZ Forum,

I have been reading up on the new laws that were passed in my state set to go into effect next year. 

A few questions i had that i cant seem to find any answers to or maybe I just don't understand.

1) Would there still be a type of AR15 being sold (featureless/maglock) or is it an out right ban on the model? kind of like the uzi.

2) Does it make owning other types of rifle (cz bren, scorpion, etc.) illegal?

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
Re: AR15 in California
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2016, 11:21:56 PM »
wooshna, we'd love to have you in AZ, that's for certain! As for various firearm models, I don't know if there is a Califonia Approved Roster for rifles or not. Pistols is there, so that would be easier to check for the Scorpion, which I do think is legal with the bullet button, and might stay that way being a pistol, don't know. Rifles, doubly uncertain, but I highly doubt there will be a CZ BREN Kali approved version, given the expense. CzechpointUSA MIGHT make a cali approved vz-58 rifle, as they have one right now they might be able to modify for the new rules.
Try CalNRA or other California firearms rights groups for specific answers - that crazy state's laws makes my head spin...and I work for the government!!!

Offline wooshna

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2016, 12:30:39 AM »
thank you for the replies.

Yeah i do agree we have a lot of restrictions here in california. I wanted to eventually get into 3 gun competitions but now its probably unlikely since i'm here in cali.

I also wanted to eventually build my dream AR15 but i wanted to buy one to work on first to get familiar with the gun.  that doesn't look like it will happen if everything is banned...

TY i'll ask in calguns.net

Offline BDG

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2016, 12:42:34 AM »
thank you for the replies.

Yeah i do agree we have a lot of restrictions here in california. I wanted to eventually get into 3 gun competitions but now its probably unlikely since i'm here in cali.

I also wanted to eventually build my dream AR15 but i wanted to buy one to work on first to get familiar with the gun.  that doesn't look like it will happen if everything is banned...

TY i'll ask in calguns.net

Cal guns has the info
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?p=18468240#post18468240

Offline sevenpointsixtwo

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2016, 09:51:12 PM »
Rather than calguns I recommend you go here: http://gunfightertactical.com/assault-weapon-classification/

There is very clear information on what you can still own legally in california after the beginning of the year. Also the interaction and environment is very civil and attitude-free.

I posted some simple queries over on calguns not long ago and found a mixed bag of friendliness. You'd think there would be nothing but solidarity given what's going on in this state. *shrug*  :-[

Cheers and best of luck.

Offline Grendel

• Administrator
  • 'Live Long, and Prosper'
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2016, 06:45:25 PM »
And after removing all the 'non replies', I hope the OP got the information he asked for.

Locked.
Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges - Tacitus

Inter arma enim silent leges - Cicero

I wasn't born in America, but I got here as fast as I could.

anything