Author Topic: Military Arms Channel Pistol Testing - Thoughts?  (Read 10242 times)

Offline Carson017

Re: Military Arms Channel Pistol Testing - Thoughts?
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2016, 08:18:12 AM »
Just don't go talking about his VP9 testing on the HK forums. You will be in for a rough day. Them fellas sure do get angry over there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline milq

• Steel on target
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2016, 10:32:50 PM »
Just don't go talking about his VP9 testing on the HK forums. You will be in for a rough day. Them fellas sure do get angry over there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lol, I own a VP9 and a P30L and have spent a bit of time over there. According to most of them, I have ruined my P30L because I switched the trigger system from Lite LEM to CDA LEM myself, rather than sending it in to HK factory repair. I learned that CZs sear cage system is pretty simple in comparison to the clockwork inside of the the P30...sheesh. Nothing like overcomplicating things.
NRA Basic Pistol Instuctor, IL FCCA Instructor.

http://jc-steelontarget.blogspot.com/ and check out www.illinoiscarry.com to learn more about CCW in IL.

Offline Coleman

« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2016, 12:41:41 AM »
Good videos bottom line when you get such tight tolerances as Sigs  have it doesn't take much to seize them up or slow them some just purely common sense that's a tough test. Good videos though.

Sent from my SM-J320V using Tapatalk

Offline deadduck357

« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2016, 11:02:15 AM »
I certainly like and enjoy the MAC tests. Was surprised how easily the P320 choked and how horribly the VP9 was (both the standard and take tactical). The PPQ, G17, and Rex-1 did good. Would like to see the P-07 go through it. Also looking forward to see the P-10C go through the test.

Offline jameslovesjammie

• The Last Best Place
« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2016, 02:43:59 PM »
Would like to see the P-07 go through it.

Food for thought.  I find it interesting that when this video was made, MAC should have been in the Czech Republic.

Offline Scarlett Pistol

« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2016, 06:39:36 PM »

Food for thought.  I find it interesting that when this video was made, MAC should have been in the Czech Republic.

Baring the possibility that they only showed the times that the pistols worked, that is amazing! MAC's abuse seems tame compared to this video and the torture tests CZ put the P-01 through...
"In God I trust. All others must supply data."

Offline deadduck357

« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2016, 08:50:49 PM »

Yeah, never trust a factory video. SAND TEST :50-1:12 shows digging up a 07 then jumps to shooting a 09 and then jumps to a close-up of a clean 07 shooting. Not saying they're being deceptive but the trickery is questionable.

Offline Scarlett Pistol

« Reply #22 on: June 06, 2017, 09:29:07 PM »
Well well well... Finally got a test of a CZ. The PO-7 did great! He admits he forgot to use second strike capability and that could have eliminated both the failures.

Offline slimjim

« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2017, 02:04:29 AM »
When Mac tests the CZ P10 & APX I doubt either will do very good since both have the "Gap" which Mac showed and said the CZ P07 didn't have and he also said the gap only increases contaminants to get inside.

He was surprised that there was hardly any dirt/sand in the P07. I might just have to get a P07 to go with my P09.

Offline exit plan

« Reply #24 on: July 31, 2017, 04:46:52 PM »
I love it when the mighty get their come uppins
You have been banned for the following reason:
No reason was specified.
Date the ban will be lifted: Never

Offline Quercusmax

• It wasn't my fault
« Reply #25 on: July 31, 2017, 05:41:38 PM »
Perhaps only slightly related to the subject of this thread, but if you enjoy seeing firearms REALLY abused while being tested, check out some of the stuff that Rob Ski does to the AK's that he tests on his web site.  Things like driving over them with his SUV, doing push-ups on the weapon while balancing it on the mag, throwing the weapon into a dirty pond, and the "sand tornado" where he pours sand into the ejection port of an AK while being fired repeatedly.  Not very scientific, but still amazing to see what some metal parts can endure and still function.

http://www.akoperatorsunionlocal4774.com/
If it's popular, I'm against it.

Offline thedude

« Reply #26 on: July 31, 2017, 09:40:05 PM »
I don't own a P-10C, but it seems like Tim is really dragging out all these "gauntlet" tests out way too long.  Pretty soon he'll be complaining it's getting on towards winter and they'll have to wait until next year to do any more testing. 
« Last Edit: July 31, 2017, 09:51:23 PM by thedude »

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: August 05, 2017, 04:31:38 AM »
Sorry, couldn't stop myself. :) I think this one is why MAC doesn't return my calls anymore....

Offline IDescribe

« Reply #28 on: August 05, 2017, 11:06:09 AM »
Too funny.  And every bit as valuable as MAC's gauntlet.  ;)

Offline Scarlett Pistol

« Reply #29 on: August 05, 2017, 11:56:35 AM »
That was funny

anything