Author Topic: P-07 Urban Grey first impressions  (Read 835 times)

Offline HughB

P-07 Urban Grey first impressions
« on: October 11, 2016, 04:31:07 PM »
I tried my best to resist this pistol. I have two other P-07's, one stock and the other CGW enhanced at their Louisiana skunkworks. The black one, due to its stock configuration, was purchased to be a host for the P-07 Kadet kit and serve in a  redundancy capacity for its Cajunized sibling; the FDE one was assigned range/self defense duty only based upon its lightened springs which David thought would be problematic in Kadet configuration. I had my bases covered. I really didn't need another P-07 and convinced myself that Urban Grey looked much like Flat Dark Earth, and that its thread protector and tall sights made it an ugly little pug. Nope, didn't need one. I'm all logical like that.

So, naturally, I bought one and took it to the range this morning.

Despite a crunchy SA trigger, I'm happy to report that the ugly pug may be THE most accurate of my little collection that includes one P-07 and two P-09's that have received full-body massages from David. Using factory Winchester "white box" 115 gr. FMJ, the PUG (thats, P-series, Urban Grey) consistently shot one hole, 2 inch groups at 15 yds, right at point of aim. I think I could have tightened those up if theSA trigger did not have a "wall" just before the last take-up before release. I'm tempted to install a CGW hammer to teach the SA manners. I'm satisfied with the DA and would like to keep the stock springs, preserving the option of using the P-07 Kadet it on it as well. For now, I think I'll throw the Kadet kit on it and use it to smooth the action through shooting using .22's for practice. BTW, I put the Kadet on it after 200 rounds of 9mm. The Kadet functioned flawlessly as it has on my other stock P-07 and was sufficiently accurate to practice shots at speed on 3" steel targets at 15 yds. I'll put a couple thousand 22's through it and then determine if a new hammer is needed.

Bottom line - I really like these polymer CZ's. Their DA/SA option, great ergos, clear sights, huge magazine capacity, exceptional accuracy and ability to be enhanced with parts and polishing continue to make these a great value.

At any price.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2016, 08:04:57 PM by HughB »

Offline Sgav8r

Re: P-07 Urban Grey first impressions
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2016, 11:13:01 PM »
I succumbed to the temptation of an Urban Grey P-09 recently myself. I've got plenty of sweet-shooting pistols (a CGW enhanced SP-01 Tactical, STI Trojan, Sig P228, FNX-45 to name a few) but after a couple weeks with this "UG" P-09 I'm beginning to believe it may just be my FAVORITE pistol to shoot! 

I actually quite like the look of the gun. In fact its look is what pushed me to look in to buying one in the first place. The combination of the "urban grey"color, a threaded barrel, suppressor-height night sights and 2-21 rounds mags included, that pushed me over the edge. After a few trips to the range and hundreds of rounds shot I can say it might also be my most accurate pistol. Such a joy to shoot!  The UG P-series guns are one of the best kept secrets in the firearms industry as far as I'm concerned.