Author Topic: Your upgrade recommendations: SP-01 Compact  (Read 2706 times)

Offline Scarlett Pistol

Re: Your upgrade recommendations: SP-01 Compact
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2016, 10:02:30 AM »
CZ Custom has an extended firing pin. Cajun Gun Works has a lightened Firing Pin Spring or you can get their extended firing pin and the lightened firing pin spring. 13# and even less can be ordered and accomplished. As for a heavier recoil spring, check with one of the shops or someone can chime in. I have asked that before and was told that it wasn't an issue with the weight of my recoil spring, but I am not a gunsmith so I don't want to give advice that may not apply to other pistols with different springs. I do have a few different recoil springs on hand though for different loads.
"In God I trust. All others must supply data."

Offline afultz075

« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2016, 10:15:57 AM »
I am going to do CZC Fiber optic sights, a narrowed Shadow hammer from CZC, a CGW Type 2 Disconnector, a CGW Short Reset, VZ Grips, an 85 Combat trigger, and call it good. I've been kicking myself for missing out on the Shadow Line Compacts that came over a year or two ago and this will be my replacement instead of hunting one down and paying big $$$.

Offline Scarlett Pistol

« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2016, 11:25:55 AM »
I am going to do CZC Fiber optic sights, a narrowed Shadow hammer from CZC, a CGW Type 2 Disconnector, a CGW Short Reset, VZ Grips, an 85 Combat trigger, and call it good. I've been kicking myself for missing out on the Shadow Line Compacts that came over a year or two ago and this will be my replacement instead of hunting one down and paying big $$$.

You could just remove the firing pin block system and throw in a type 3 disconnector and have it like this shadow.... then instead of a short reset system you could get the reach reduction and have a shorter Double Action pull. Just food for thought if you are going for the pure Shadow copy.

Offline rhart

« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2016, 07:19:06 PM »
After receiving mine today and shooting it, I plan the following:
1) New hammer, disco, and lighter hammer spring (probably an adjustable sear).
2) Extended firing pin with light spring and new firing pin retaining pin for dry-fire.
3) 85C trigger with RP spring and floating trigger pin.
4) G10 grips
Musashi:
- In all forms of strategy, it is necessary to maintain the combat stance in everyday life and to make your everyday stance your combat stance. (situational awareness).
- You can only fight the way you practice.
- If you do not control the enemy, the enemy will control you.

Offline Bret

« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2016, 08:43:47 PM »
What?  No pictures?

Offline sleepyhead

« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2016, 08:49:06 PM »
Check the other two threads, pics have been posted.

Offline rhart

« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2016, 08:52:47 PM »
What?  No pictures?

Are you kidding? I don't even have a camera. I don't even have a computer. My 2-year old grandson is working this one for me... ;D
Musashi:
- In all forms of strategy, it is necessary to maintain the combat stance in everyday life and to make your everyday stance your combat stance. (situational awareness).

Offline Scarlett Pistol

« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2016, 09:19:19 PM »
What?  No pictures?
Yeah, I posted a bunch to the other two threads. Dups on both, don't wanna triple up on the same pics. Here's one though.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Offline Scarlett Pistol

« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2016, 09:20:54 PM »
2) Extended firing pin with light spring and new firing pin retaining pin for dry-fire.
4) G10 grips
After dry firing mine that's about the same list of upgrades. Thought I would try it without doing the competition hammer but the SA break is pretty bad and I don't care to mess with it. Easier to order the good stuff.

Offline rhart

« Reply #24 on: October 22, 2016, 10:20:17 AM »
4) G10 grips
After dry firing mine that's about the same list of upgrades. Thought I would try it without doing the competition hammer but the SA break is pretty bad and I don't care to mess with it. Easier to order the good stuff.

Mine's not horrid - I'm just spoiled by CGW parts.
Musashi:

Offline rhart

« Reply #25 on: October 22, 2016, 11:03:59 AM »
I hate to say it, but I rushed to judgment in my haste to let others here on this forum know my first impressions. After dry-firing it SA about three hundred times and then cleaning and lubing it for the first time (yes, I shot it before cleaning/lubing it) the SA is really not bad at all. A tad long but it smoothed right out and with a lighter hammer spring I think it will be acceptable in the short term. It still cams back a very little but it feels lighter and smoother now.
Musashi:

Offline Scarlett Pistol

« Reply #26 on: October 22, 2016, 02:19:42 PM »
Good to know, I'll have to keep dry firing mine while I wait for my package from CGW. Mine is still pretty gritty after about 100 trigger pulls.

anything