Author Topic: A rare batch of SP-01 Compacts available  (Read 264809 times)

Offline nickshawn

Re: A rare batch of SP-01 Compacts available
« Reply #1230 on: August 12, 2017, 11:33:21 PM »
Scarlett - The trigger is from Armory Craft. Would have liked a straight one but he didn't have those in stock and I didn't feel like waiting until they were. Other than that it's an 8.5# hammer spring, extended firing pin, adjustable sear, and spacer to eliminate the FPB. The slide release is the SP-01 version. I took all the internals to a guy at work who polished everything up for me (he's a machinist by trade/training and a gun nut to boot )

Thanks for the link to the safety adjustment. I'll be doing that one for sure.

You're  welcome! I hadn't heard of the shop and looked them up... They have a red flat trigger to match my red grips!!! God bless you!

:D Awesome, that will look great

Slver - the SAO can be undone.... the expensive maybe not  :(

Offline Scarlett Pistol

« Reply #1231 on: August 12, 2017, 11:48:22 PM »
The video would be cool.

So, please bear with me for another minute....... are these frames unique in size and thickness, or is it actually the same width as the SP-01 only in compact size? And to that point, if it is the same as the SP-01, is the safety the same on that pistol? (I don't have one nor have held one).

Oh, and to answer your question SP, I do want an understanding of the mechanics, but yes, I also just want a pistol with a "normal" factory safety.

Let me know if that answers your questions.

"In God I trust. All others must supply data."

Offline jh225

« Reply #1232 on: August 13, 2017, 12:06:06 AM »
Wow, that video really tells the story. So they truly are unique pistols. I guess that is both good and bad.

What is really insane is that when viewing the 2 frames from a top view, take a look at just how different the safety levers are. Typical safety vs this flat piece of metal that they call a safety lever.

I would love to have a conversation with whomever had the final approval of this safety, to find out what he could possibly be thinking.

« Last Edit: August 13, 2017, 10:32:40 PM by jh225 »

Offline Genin

« Reply #1233 on: August 15, 2017, 11:20:19 AM »
jh225,

That's the reason I switched mine out for the Tactical Sport safety levers. It only required minor fitting of the end of the left lever to go into the D slot of the right lever. I will say this to anyone changing levers, just remember that when checking safety engagement, you want to cock the hammer back. CZ75s aren't designed to have the safety engaged with the hammer down, you'll end up with a safety that will allow sear movement in the cocked position if you do it.

My SP-01 compact has become my wife's gun because she loves the SAO trigger and weight of the gun (ie low recoil). I added some HB Ind torque screws to the grips and the gun is now in its final configuration. I'm hoping the wife will have it over 1k rounds by October but she doesn't come to the range with me every time.

Pic for fun:

Offline jh225

« Reply #1234 on: August 15, 2017, 01:07:24 PM »
I spoke with David at CGW yesterday about this pistol and I'm going to have them do a full Pro Kit, the tactical safety (have them shape/blend it), sights and a 10X bushing. Going to leave the right side factory safety as I don't like ambi's and the flat factory safety actually helps in this case. I wanted to make it a single side safety, but he said it was a no go. If it comes out anywhere near the quality of my CGW PCR, I will be thrilled.

Offline Genin

« Reply #1235 on: August 15, 2017, 01:30:03 PM »
jh225,
Well brother, you went all in. The only CGW parts on this gun are the trigger return spring, floating trigger pin, and firing pin retaining pin (every CZ of mine gets those Cajun parts). Oh, and the SAO trigger. Yours should be amazing when done.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2017, 09:35:53 PM by Genin »

Offline jh225

« Reply #1236 on: August 15, 2017, 07:50:34 PM »
Well, that's because I am spoiled by my PCR. They did an amazing job on it, especially the trigger. I am used to amazing triggers from owning many high end 1911's and this will hold it's own with them. David is also a 1911 fan, so that's why he get's these CZ's so sweet. It's only money.  :)

Offline nickshawn

« Reply #1237 on: August 16, 2017, 01:58:29 PM »
Just back from a range trip and I'm telling you, turning this thing into SAO was the best thing ever. Still had a few FTF due to light strikes so I may have to go to a 11.5# spring, or maybe I'll just deal with them (probably 5 total out of 150 rounds)

Offline nickshawn

« Reply #1238 on: August 16, 2017, 10:19:40 PM »
7 yards, find dot, pull trigger.

Pull weight after changing to 11.5# spring

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Scarlett Pistol

« Reply #1239 on: August 16, 2017, 10:29:21 PM »
7 yards, find dot, pull trigger.

Pull weight after changing to 11.5# spring

Whew that's looking great! Let us know if you try that mod for reliability with the 11 lb main spring.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Offline nickshawn

« Reply #1240 on: August 18, 2017, 01:34:18 PM »
Quick trip to the range at lunch netted 100 rounds without a single FTF, or any other issue.

Going to keep the 11.5# spring in for now.

Still  :D every time I shoot this gun!

Offline M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
« Reply #1241 on: August 18, 2017, 02:49:15 PM »

Still  :D every time I shoot this gun!

I've got a couple of cars I feel that way about.  Every day I'd leave work and head out on the parking lot I'd get a big grin on my face when I saw my car.  I knew it was going to be fun ride home.
I just keep wasting time and money on other brands trying to find/make one shoot like my P07 and P09.  What is wrong with me?

Offline nickshawn

« Reply #1242 on: August 18, 2017, 09:58:19 PM »
I need better cars....

Pic with the new clothes on.

Offline Scarlett Pistol

« Reply #1243 on: August 18, 2017, 11:19:35 PM »
I need better cars....

Pic with the new clothes on.

Dang, looking good! Glad you shared where'd to get those triggers!

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Offline ricepuddin

« Reply #1244 on: August 20, 2017, 04:00:21 PM »
So I just sold one of my ARs and I am stuck between having my SP01 compact worked on or spending the money on a p10c.

If I do get the CGW love for my SP01c I'd would be for both CCW and IDPA use (the p10c would be idpa and the SP01c would stay CCW if I went the other route).

I would want my pistol to still be able to shoot whatever I put through it, and still stay in an IDPA class that won't put me up against guns that are moded to hell and back.

What do y'all suggest?
Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk