Author Topic: Spare parts for P09  (Read 438 times)

Offline bversteegh

Spare parts for P09
« on: October 27, 2016, 12:32:48 AM »
Hi - I'm a new pistol/ P09 user, and just started IDPA this summer.  I'm shooting  2 to 3 matches a month, and a couple trips to the range as well - probably 750 rounds a month plus dry fire.  Just put the CGW pro kit in the gun, so I now know how to replace almost anything on the gun.  My question is, what should I keep on hand for spare parts to do emergency repairs - I don't have a good feel for what parts wear/break on the gun. I assume I should get spares of all springs since they are inexpensive and easy to loose. I have all the original parts from the upgrade (hammer, firing pin, disconnector, trigger return spring, etc), so those are covered. What else should I keep on hand?  And anything I should be replacing occassionally to prevent a breakdown during a match?  Thanks

Offline Rutherford2

Re: Spare parts for P09
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2016, 03:42:10 PM »
I'd say springs (recoil assy, hammer spring, sear spring, trigger return) and a spare slide stop. Of the things that fail on CZs first, they're typically the TRS and slide stop. Put them on a maintenance schedule with the rest and you should be G2G.

Offline Joe L

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2016, 04:28:45 PM »
I think Rutherford2 has it covered.  It seems, however, that the P-09's have fewer problems with the slide stop than the 75s, just judging from posts here on this forum.  The TRS failures seem about the same.  This isn't a scientific result, more of a hunch.  I have well over 12,000 rounds on one P-09 and haven't had any failures at all. 

Joe
CZ-75B 9mm and Kadet, several SIG P226's, AR-15, Savage 308 bolt gun,

Offline WilburWildcat

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2016, 04:34:56 PM »
Joe L, I think you just jinxed yourself...
Better order right now before the long weekend!
DIY Cajun P-01
Cajunized P-07
Preordered P-10C
Others No Longer Matter...

Offline Joe L

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2016, 04:46:33 PM »
Joe L, I think you just jinxed yourself...
Better order right now before the long weekend!

Ha!  I jinxed myself two years ago.  I've had spares for a while and never used them.  Well, I've used the spare TRS and a sear spring....but the old ones are somewhere in the piles in my workshop, not broken.  :) :)
Joe
CZ-75B 9mm and Kadet, several SIG P226's, AR-15, Savage 308 bolt gun,

anything