Author Topic: With the wins on November 8th...  (Read 5242 times)

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
With the wins on November 8th...
« on: November 09, 2016, 10:34:09 AM »
President Trump took the White House and the Republicans kept a majority in both the House and the Senate. Perhaps this will be the year we get that solid majority of Constitutionalist justices in the Supreme Court, to overturn some seriously bad laws, (California, your redemption may be at hand!), and then, maybe then...we can start badgering CZ-USA about the BREN 806. :)

Offline Grendel

• Administrator
  • 'Live Long, and Prosper'
Re: With the wins on November 8th...
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2016, 10:42:48 AM »
What's this? Politics on the CZ board?

It's a good day for The Republic - let's hope the future is brighter.
Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges - Tacitus

Inter arma enim silent leges - Cicero

I wasn't born in America, but I got here as fast as I could.

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2016, 10:53:57 AM »
It IS the RKBA subforum...and we really needed that boost in our Right to Keep and Bear Arms... 8)

Besides, with legislative/executive roadblocks poised to be removed, perhaps CZ-UB can start bringing in some more and interesting fun toys, like the 806, or the CZ 92. :)

Offline Grendel

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2016, 11:01:24 AM »
There was never a better day to (temporarily) lift the ban!

Offline Litomysl94

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2016, 11:01:55 AM »
I would so love to see them bring the CZ 92.

Offline Grendel

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2016, 11:24:58 AM »
I would so love to see them bring the CZ 92.

Dude, that sound you heard, it was the point, you missed it.

Offline Tok36

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2016, 12:48:17 PM »
Well the fine citizens of California managed to pass Prop 63, we now have ammo background checks. Yay!

Will work for CZ pics! (including but not limited to all CZ clones)

Offline macktheknife

« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2016, 04:06:42 PM »
At least California voted on it, New York State and our Gov. Cuomo passed it in the middle of the night as part of the New York Safe Act. They never did implement the ammo background check part, state police said they could not handle the expected volume, but we must now buy our ammo from a FFL only, no mail order to  residence ( can have it sent to a FFL)
All very straight forward? and easy to understand.
PEOPLE SLEEP PEACEFULLY IN THEIR BEDS AT NIGHT BECAUSE ROUGH MEN STAND READY TO DO VIOLENCE ON THEIR BEHALF.

MP2 Guy

« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2016, 08:49:49 PM »
The price for firearms will stay down for now as there will be no rush to purchase.

MP2 Guy

« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2016, 08:51:57 PM »
President Trump took the White House and the Republicans kept a majority in both the House and the Senate. Perhaps this will be the year we get that solid majority of Constitutionalist justices in the Supreme Court, to overturn some seriously bad laws, (California, your redemption may be at hand!), and then, maybe then...we can start badgering CZ-USA about the BREN 806. :)
A Republican governor in Maryland (Hogan) has not helped them too much in this area for the past few years.  They still have the same restrictive laws.

MP2 Guy

« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2016, 08:57:14 PM »
It IS the RKBA subforum...and we really needed that boost in our Right to Keep and Bear Arms... 8)

Besides, with legislative/executive roadblocks poised to be removed, perhaps CZ-UB can start bringing in some more and interesting fun toys, like the 806, or the CZ 92. :)
CZ 806 looks cools but I think I'll pass on the CZ92 because of the anemic round and I have big hands and cannot imagine trying to handle one.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2016, 09:20:27 PM by MP2 Guy »

Offline Scarlett Pistol

« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2016, 01:23:56 AM »
I felt like this article was worth sharing here. In the least for the great letter from President Reagan. Love or hate Glenn there is real wisdom in what he is saying and what President Reagan is saying.

http://www.glennbeck.com/2016/11/09/ronald-reagans-touching-letter-to-his-daughter-patti/?utm_source=Sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=20161109GBDaily_A&utm_term=Glenn%20Beck

Before anyone gets huffy at me... I went to a University for an Economics degree that is self proclaimed Marxist and Keynesian. I finished deeply entrenched in Austrian economics. I don't affiliate with any party because I feel like parties are self serving and will abandone constituents in pursuit of power and their own interests. Part of my career has been in market research. I know the extent organizations go to in order to manipulate people because I've been the need quantifying the research and figuring it out. Ultimately, I'm tied to no party, and deeply for personal freedom, and no longer in that field. I give that background so people realize why I affiliate with no party, I've seen the depth of divisiveness first hand.
    At times I've begun to wonder if our country can ever heal from the divisions and hatred spawned from politics through the decades. Maybe it won't... But while this may feel a time to celebrate,  it should also be a time to find healing with others so this country can survive in the long term. I know this isn't easy... Trust me, my in-laws voted for Hillary after we all talked through the issues. I'm still figuring out how to not ream them for their assenine excuses. Hopefully our efforts can bridge gaps and open doors that may otherwise have been left shut permanently. This forum has always held members to a standard of respect for one another. May we carry that same standard back into our personal lives and bring about a greater good for all our fellow Americans.
"In God I trust. All others must supply data."

Offline jwc007

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2016, 01:54:37 PM »
"Easy is the path to wisdom for those not blinded by ego." - Yoda

For all of those killed by a 9mm: "Get up! You are not dead! You were shot with a useless cartridge!"

Offline Grendel

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2016, 11:09:25 PM »

One common criticism of billionaire businessman and President-elect Donald Trump is that he far too often speaks in vague generalities and rarely offers specifics about where he stands on the issues.

That is no longer the case, at least regarding his stance on gun rights and the Second Amendment, after Trump released his official policy position on his campaign website.

?The Second Amendment to our Constitution is clear. The right of the people to keep and bear Arms shall not be infringed upon. Period,? the position paper began.

Read all about it: HERE

Offline Scarlett Pistol

« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2016, 11:14:25 PM »

One common criticism of billionaire businessman and President-elect Donald Trump is that he far too often speaks in vague generalities and rarely offers specifics about where he stands on the issues.

That is no longer the case, at least regarding his stance on gun rights and the Second Amendment, after Trump released his official policy position on his campaign website.

?The Second Amendment to our Constitution is clear. The right of the people to keep and bear Arms shall not be infringed upon. Period,? the position paper began.

Read all about it: HERE

That's really interesting stuff! I'll be curious how much he can pull off.
"In God I trust. All others must supply data."