Author Topic: With the wins on November 8th...  (Read 5221 times)

Offline Wobbly

• Administrator
  • Loves the smell of VihtaVuori in the morning !
Re: With the wins on November 8th...
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2016, 11:07:29 AM »
Well the fine citizens of California managed to pass Prop 63, we now have ammo background checks. Yay!

I'm all for "states rights" and against "national laws". If you're willing to pay the high tax rate to live in a state where the last 4 governors are in jail on corruption charges just so you can have a certain right, as long as it doesn't violate the US Constitution, then go for it. Those rights not defined in the US Constitution for the Federal government are the priority of the States. Each state was designed to be an experiment in freedom.

So if CA wants to tax ammo and industry, then let them. But those entities are also free to vote with their feet. Legislatures then have to take the heat of loosing industries and the jobs they offer, as happened recently with the CA movie industry and Beretta in MD.

At some point the economics of the situation will awake even the dumbest liberal. When New Yorkers can no longer get a doctor appointment because all the doctors have moved to TX, it will become painfully obvious. When citizens in Burbank are mowed down because only police and thugs have ammo, things will change. It may take 50 years, but some lessons are hard to learn.

Any law can be passed. Any law can be voted down.
In God we trust; On 'Starting Load' we rely.

Offline 1SOW

• GO GREEN - Recycle 9MM
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2016, 12:38:23 PM »
Amen!!

Offline K3JB

« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2016, 07:44:52 AM »
The "MP2 guy" took the words right out of my mouth. Living in Maryland with a Republican Governor has not improved our
chances of getting a carry permit. Things are just as restrictive as it was with the Democrat. We were all hoping for "change".
The word on the street was when he was elected, that he would be making changes.
Richard
"Blessed is the man, who having nothing to say, abstains from giving wordy evidence of the fact." - George Eliot

Offline MN Rifleman

« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2016, 01:17:32 PM »
Definitely looking forward to the "First 100 Days"....... ;)!!  Great Week for America!! 

Offline bluedog46

« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2016, 09:53:36 PM »
I am still in shock, but looks like the Obama lovers are trying everything they can to steal this from trump

Offline SI VIS PACEM PARRABELLUM

« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2016, 04:54:36 AM »
I am still in shock, but looks like the Obama lovers are trying everything they can to steal this from trump

No they are trying to steal this from US. We've seen this show before where liberal scum recount over and over till they find enough hidden ballots in the trunks of cars (think Al Franken) to tip the scale the way the want it.
The only question will be whether we allow it to happen this time without so much as a peep.

Offline bluedog46

« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2016, 09:40:30 PM »

No they are trying to steal this from US. We've seen this show before where liberal scum recount over and over till they find enough hidden ballots in the trunks of cars (think Al Franken) to tip the scale the way the want it.
The only question will be whether we allow it to happen this time without so much as a peep.

What is funny is they always talk about how violent conservatives are. Really think about it. Are we? I don't think we have been, but we are much better armed than liberals and I would take us in a game of cowboys and liberals anyday.

MP2 Guy

« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2016, 09:56:41 PM »
The terms "conservative" and "liberal" are two overly used and misused "labels."  Also, this thread is steering away from gun laws and gun issues.  If this is a political forum for general grievances against elected officials and a significant percentage of our population I'm obviously in the wrong forum.

« Reply #23 on: November 29, 2016, 04:50:47 AM »
The terms "conservative" and "liberal" are two overly used and misused "labels."  Also, this thread is steering away from gun laws and gun issues.  If this is a political forum for general grievances against elected officials and a significant percentage of our population I'm obviously in the wrong forum.

Maybe go back and re-read some of your own posts before you whine about "general grievances" others have spoken of. Page 1 of this thread shows your complaint about the governor of Maryland (Hogan) not doing enough to reform gun laws in that state. You can't have it both ways.  :'( :'( :'(

« Last Edit: November 29, 2016, 05:01:25 AM by SI VIS PACEM PARRABELLUM »

« Reply #24 on: November 29, 2016, 05:00:52 AM »

What is funny is they always talk about how violent conservatives are. Really think about it. Are we? I don't think we have been, but we are much better armed than liberals and I would take us in a game of cowboys and liberals anyday.

This is so true. We get upset and complain when things don't go the way we would like but I've never seen us rioting in the streets, burning down our neighborhoods or chanting for the killing of those we disagree with. We have to get up and go to work!
I'd be up for a good game of cowboys and liberals though. O0
« Last Edit: November 29, 2016, 05:21:17 AM by SI VIS PACEM PARRABELLUM »

Offline Swamp ash

« Reply #25 on: November 29, 2016, 10:35:50 AM »

Maybe go back and re-read some of your own posts before you whine about "general grievances" others have spoken of. Page 1 of this thread shows your complaint about the governor of Maryland (Hogan) not doing enough to reform gun laws in that state. You can't have it both ways.  :'( :'( :'(

MP2 Guy was talking about specific laws and specific political situations affecting gun ownership. That is the stated purpose of this subforum.

You are just generally griping and demeaning those with whom you do not politically agree and are now attacking fellow forum members who have less extreme positions than yours.  I don't think any of your comments fall into the " Measured and POLITE" category and I suggest that such dialogue damages the reputation of this forum.
Ruger rimfire fan

Offline Swamp ash

« Reply #26 on: November 29, 2016, 10:42:23 AM »

By your own words, you two seem to be the "poster children" of angry, violence-filled fantasy.  Perhaps you need a time-out?
Thanks!  Let's try to make this a respectable place to exchange knowledge.
Ruger rimfire fan

« Reply #27 on: November 29, 2016, 11:30:25 AM »

By your own words, you two seem to be the "poster children" of angry, violence-filled fantasy.  Perhaps you need a time-out?

This is typical lib speak. Don't agree with our opinions so try and shut it down. You take a time out. Is that measured and polite enough for you? :'(
« Last Edit: November 29, 2016, 11:32:34 AM by SI VIS PACEM PARRABELLUM »

Offline Swamp ash

« Reply #28 on: November 29, 2016, 11:43:53 AM »

This is typical lib speak. Don't agree with our opinions so try and shut it down. You take a time out. Is that measured and polite enough for you? :'(

There are opinions and then there are wild, unsupported statements that are designed to divide folks while attacking a significant portion of the population.  Strangely, you fail to recognize how your own divisive statements ("lib speak" - what does that even mean other than some contrived, petty insult?) are a crude and primitive form of stifling conversation.

You are not convincing  that you have measured and polite behavior.  I think you would need to calm down and stop verbally attacking people for that to occur.  I hope this helps clarify things for you. Thanks.
Ruger rimfire fan

« Reply #29 on: November 29, 2016, 11:56:16 AM »

There are opinions and then there are wild, unsupported statements that are designed to divide folks while attacking a significant portion of the population.  Strangely, you fail to recognize how your own divisive statements ("lib speak" - what does that even mean other than some contrived, petty insult?) are a crude and primitive form of stifling conversation.

You are not convincing  that you have measured and polite behavior.  I think you would need to calm down and stop verbally attacking people for that to occur.  I hope this helps clarify things for you. Thanks.

If you don't like what I have to say that is just too bad. No one has been verbally attacked and I was merely responding in kind to your own statements.Typical lib speak again. Don't like the response so you claim victim hood.