Author Topic: cz 83 wont fire sa unless held 'gangsta' style  (Read 936 times)

Offline bregma

cz 83 wont fire sa unless held 'gangsta' style
« on: November 15, 2016, 09:51:13 PM »
Hi- ran into a strange problem the other day- my cz 83 reverts to double action when held normal upright shooting. If held sideways or upside down it works fine. I have also noticed the hammer lever tends to wobble, sometimes causing a slight click as the trigger is slowly pulled. Anyone else have a problem like this?  Any veteran cz input would be greatly appreciated!

Online Igrlik

Re: cz 83 wont fire sa unless held 'gangsta' style
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2016, 02:28:27 PM »
Usualy in such appearence there is problem with sear spring - broken or jumped off its position - solution is new sear spring, complet disassembling of the gun, replacing spring and complet assembly. Job for gun-nut or gunsmith  :)

Offline bregma

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2016, 10:42:04 PM »
Thanks -I wondered that as well- these are kind of different little animals. I got  a nice magnifier light - now just need to get the courage to take it apart. Any suggestions for places to find parts?

Offline Mountaindude1971

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2016, 12:54:53 PM »
You can do the replacement without a complete tear down.  I have a may have the sear spring you need.  I have quite a few parts lying around. Probably enough to build another gun. I have been a cz 83/82 junkie for 20 years.

Online Igrlik

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2016, 01:23:56 PM »
You can do the replacement without a complete tear down.  ...
OK, but at least manual safety, ejector, automatic safety. Hammer and trigger bar could be stand in the way, so is better not to have there.  And this is very close to "complete"  ;)

Offline bregma

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2016, 09:53:47 PM »
I'm intrigued by your sear spring replacement. Would a broken sear spring also allow the hammer lever to slop around?  I've determined that is the clicking I am hearing. And yes, I would be interested in your spring.  Thanks for the great input guys -I really miss shooting this one.  The trigger was so smooth and awesome before this happened can't wait to have it back again!

Offline Mountaindude1971

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2016, 11:04:48 PM »
PM me about the spring.  $5 shipped

Offline Mountaindude1971

« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2016, 11:06:42 PM »
I cannot answer your other question.  Just take it slow.  The spring can be difficult to get into position, so do it when you have time.

Offline bregma

« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2016, 11:44:40 PM »
I'll take you up on that spring.  Will pm you tomorrow.  Thanks again for all the advice, guys.

Offline zbillster

« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2017, 02:10:39 AM »
Did that fix your problem? I had a similar issue with my CZ-82.

CZ-75B | CZ-75 PCR | CZ-82 | CZ Kadet Kit (sold) | CZ-75A in Airsoft | And ... um ... other brands

Online Igrlik

« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2017, 02:52:09 PM »
No, this is not sear spring issue.  It could be the trigger bar disconnector on the right side of the frame, not pushing trigger bar downwards enough. Check if the rivet hold fast. Or it is worn and need replace.

Offline Masonread318

« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2017, 12:07:46 PM »
You can do the replacement without a complete tear down.  I have a may have the sear spring you need.  I have quite a few parts lying around. Probably enough to build another gun. I have been a cz 83/82 junkie for 20 years.

I would like to know how this is done. What a beatiful thing that would be. Its been a few years since ive looked into this. All i could ever find was the sailorcourt thread on how to rebuild it , which is a great thing to have but anything that would cut down on some of that would be appreciated. Id tackle it just to see. I couldnt figure out a better way.

anything