Author Topic: 32ACP Shooting Favorites  (Read 7490 times)

Offline tejano51

Re: 32 acp load data
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2016, 09:39:56 AM »
@james--thanks for your post.  I have been loading for the 32acp for many years and have several manuals.  What I was looking for were loads that fellow shooters have had success with in the CZ83.  That is why I initially posted in that sub forum.  The moderators moved it to this sub forum.  Oh well, not all posts work out.

Offline DeltaGray

« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2016, 11:46:05 AM »
I fired one round in my 1914 Mauser (age determined by serial number) yesterday.  I used W231 powder and liked the vertical line of impact at 7 yards with a cast bullet.  I could not find the "unloaded" very small case. I want to load some more to possibly load FMJ's (nominal 71 grain) sometime.  I will look for head stamped brass cases that I like before loading on a single stage press.  I did not post powder charge info here but I used CCI primers.  I use a Dillion 550 for 9mm, 40 S&W and .45ACP.  I use a single stage press for .45 RIM (for a S&W 625).  I also use moon clips in the revolver with .45ACP cases for the S&W 625. 
I was range busy with people but I did fire three 9mm pistols and another one owned by a student.  People asked me that CZ "thing" was when they didn't know what it was. 
In closing, I have never tried a .327 revolver but I am thinking the full wad cutters might be interesting even in a Ruger single action revolver.
DeltaGray

Offline Jaems

« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2016, 02:19:33 PM »
I used 1.7gr of Bullseye for a 71gr Remington FMJ, Winchester case and CCI 500 primer.  This was for my Walther PP's and PPK, fairly accurate rd at 25m.

Offline DeltaGray

« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2016, 06:44:40 PM »
Jaems, that BE load sounds okay in the FMJ's, the case and primer selection as well.  I was going to use Bullseye (BE) or else W231 but loaded some with the latter.  I fired only one round at 7 yards and was pleased with where the paper was "punched" with a lead projectile.  I was busy helping some other people at the range but plan to play another day after doing some reloading. 
DeltaGray

Offline painter

« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2017, 10:20:55 AM »
The 32 ACP will work best with fast burning powders like Win 231 or Bullseye. Trick with any taper crimp is making sure it's tight to avoid any bullet set-back.

I'll have to disagree with taper crimp preventing bullet set back. Taper crimp is very different from roll crimping, which is intended to prevent set back. Taper crimp simply removes any flare from case expansion to allow chambering.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2017, 04:24:09 PM by Wobbly »
I had the right to remain silent...

but not the ability.

Offline DeltaGray

« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2017, 11:56:11 PM »
1) I agree with PAINTER.
2)  My 32 acp experience is with my vintage .32 with nominal 71 grain pills (projectiles), fast burning powder as mentioned in a different post but not a fast or hot load. I still plan to not post "load data" for reasons.  I do not want my real data to become fake data when used with different variables (e.g. equipment, barrel and pressure differences and possibly different primer/powder lots or other variables).

Offline larryflew

• Minnesota
« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2017, 12:20:22 PM »
Another for roll crimp and just about the same loads but with Unique just because that was what I had. They worked fine. Unfortunately one of the few guns I sold was an 83 that was like new and I just coudn't pass up the offer. Now, several years later wish I had but still use that load in a little colt 1903 nickel, a derringer and my P32
When did it change from "We the people" to "screw the people"?

, []]]]]]]]]]]\>
        )'_\   (
'            \ *\
'              \ _\

Larry

Minnesota shooter
and CZ fanatic
NRA life since the 70's
USAF 66-70

Why use 911 when it's faster to use 1911 or 9mm?

Offline w_henry

« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2021, 05:38:58 AM »
Hallo jameslovesjammie,

Could you send me your load date about 32 ACP ?
I live in Germany and load till now 45 ACP and 357 Magnum.
Thank you.

BR Henry
« Last Edit: February 28, 2021, 05:13:19 PM by Wobbly »

Offline Wobbly

• Administrator
  • Loves the smell of VihtaVuori in the morning !
« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2021, 09:02:12 AM »
There is a 32 Auto load thread referenced in the Stickies if anyone cares.

https://czfirearms.us/index.php?topic=108621.0
In God we trust; On 'Starting Load' we rely.

anything