Author Topic: Springfield P9?  (Read 3626 times)

Offline Virginia Jake

Springfield P9?
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2006, 05:16:53 AM »
Rod Slinger,

I would very much like to hear what you have to say about making the slide stay put when the Springfield Armory P9 safety is on.  Any help that you can give will be greatly appreciated.

Yours,
Virginia Jake.

Offline Rod Slinger

Springfield P9?
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2006, 11:46:34 AM »
Jake    Sorry guess I wasn't clear in my earlier post.  The help I was offering was to make your safety more positive going off or on.

As I understand your earlier post....You can cock your gun place the safety on and then pull the slide back.   Is this correct?   If correct then you have a gun that is modified.

This modification is what I do on all of my Witness and P 9s.   In a match I want to be able to  ( 1 )  Load a Mag in the gun.  ( 2 )  Cock the hammer.  ( 3 )  Place the safety on.  ( 4 ) Rack the slide to load the gun while the safety is on.  

To go backwards will require a new safety or someone who is good at tig welding.  Sorry for the confusion    RS
"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.  Thomas Jefferson

pl-2ic

Springfield P9?
« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2006, 07:42:14 PM »
Anyone know of a source for adjustable sights for the P9? FO sights would be even better, but I need both front and rear...Anyone?

Phil

Offline Virginia Jake

Springfield P9?
« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2006, 06:58:54 AM »
pl2ic,

I believe that LPA makes an adjustable rear sight that might slide right into the P9 rear sight dovetail.  (I have not tried this on my pistol.)  I have an LPA adjustable rear sight on one of my Large Frame .45 ACP Withness pistols.  I do not like it too much.  I think that it sits way too high on the slide and it catches my arm when I have the pistol in a Fobus paddle holster.

LPA also makes a low, melted (corners have radiused) adjustable rear sight.  This style of LPA rear sight must be milled into your slide.

Go to "Ask Angus" section of these forums.  Angus has installed one of these LPA rear adjustable sights into a CZ Tactical Sport pistol.

As far as fiber optic front sights.  This is going to be another project for the milling machine.  There are two styles of dovetails available on front fiber optic sights.  One is cut from side to side through the slide.  One is cut front to rear.  CZ pistols use the front to rear type of dovetail and a cross pin.  Colt 1911 style pistols, Sig pistols, Springfield Armory XD pistols, and Glock pistols all use the cross ways dovetail.

Currently there are no Fiber Optic sight sets offered by US manufactures specificly for TZ, CZ style pistols.

Yours,
Virginia Jake

Offline AndyGe

Springfield P9?
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2007, 04:23:22 PM »
Hey, I know it has been a while since anyone posted on this topic, but...
 I own two Springfield P9 Factory Comps (one with a red dot, modified trigger-squared off, 1-3/4 lbs, tricked out to SA. The other is factory stock. I absolutley love them. Never have I shot a more comfortable or more accurate pistol. From what I can find out, Springfield only imported this model in 1992, '93 for use in IPSC, USPSA, etc. Does anyone know how many are out there?

Offline ReloaderFred

Springfield P9?
« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2007, 10:04:59 PM »
Well, two for sure...........  

I don't have a clue as to how many there are, but I've had good results in talking to Springfield about my M1A's.  If you provide them with the serial numbers, they can tell you when they were made.  They can probably also tell you how many were imported.

Hope this helps.

Fred
After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it. - William S. Burroughs

Offline pippin53

Springfield P9?
« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2007, 10:46:30 PM »
Does anyone know if they take Witness or Baby Eagle mags? How about CZ mags?
Thanks,
Ken

Offline ReloaderFred

Springfield P9?
« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2007, 11:05:39 PM »
I've been able to use Witness magazines in my 9mm P9 for both 9x19 and 9x21.  No problem with any I've tried.

Fred
After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it. - William S. Burroughs

Walt-Sherrill

Springfield P9?
« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2007, 06:19:21 AM »
It should take them all.  

There are minor differneces beween CZ and Witness and other Tanfoglio-made guns.

The mag release in the CZ guns are set just a hair higher in the grip, and the notch in the mag is a hair higher.  When you use EAA mags (with a lower notch) in a CZ, it can make the mags too snug against the underside of the slide.  

I've never noticed a problem with CZ mags in an EAA or Tanfoglio gun, but haven't done that as often.  

CZ mags generally work in a Sphinx, but they can bump against the ejector, causing problems (this according to Sphinx, as I haven't noticed the problem with mine).

Offline pippin53

Springfield P9?
« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2007, 08:33:41 PM »
I've got a 95% 9mm P9 coming soon. Just bought on GB. Looks beautiful in the pictures. It looks to have that Baby Eagle turned down style beavertail rather that the Witness style upturned ones.

Ken

anything