Author Topic: IDPA CCP and P-01 threaded barrel  (Read 3530 times)

Offline inthevalley

IDPA CCP and P-01 threaded barrel
« on: November 21, 2016, 01:00:48 PM »
The new IDPA rulebook just came out ans there are a few significant changes.

One change is the dimensions for CCP guns. The max barrel length is now 4.375" and the pistol length is now 7.75"

According to cz-usa.com the threaded P-01 Omega has a 4.4" barrel and a 7.8" OAL, putting it just .05" too big for CCP.

I was hoping that someone with a threaded P-01 could measure the barrel and pistol and see if they will actually fit?

I suspect that CZ USA may have been rounding up.

Offline Canuck44

Re: IDPA CCP and P-01 threaded barrel
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2016, 02:21:26 PM »
The regular P-01 has a barrel length of 92,5 mm.  Why not just buy it.  The max. barrel length fir CCP Division is 111mm. 
Your 4.4 inches equals 111.76 MM.  The measurements mught vary from one gun to another depending on how accurate the company who makes the extended barrel is.

Take Care

Bob
Je Suis Charlie

Offline Tanners Owner

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2016, 04:02:43 PM »
I have a P01 omega & the width is too large for the CCP division- specifically with the ambi safety/ decockers its greater than 1 3/8 in (1.375")  it measured over 1.4"

Disappointing, but regardless, am very happy with mine & will be shooting it this season (May even let Canuck44 fondle it next time he shows up south of the border ;D)
Like a midget at a urinal, I'll have to keep on my toes

Offline inthevalley

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2016, 11:18:09 AM »
I have a P01 omega & the width is too large for the CCP division- specifically with the ambi safety/ decockers its greater than 1 3/8 in (1.375")  it measured over 1.4"

Disappointing, but regardless, am very happy with mine & will be shooting it this season (May even let Canuck44 fondle it next time he shows up south of the border ;D)

According to another thread on here the P-01 Omega does fit the CCP box. The box is able to close even though the safety sticks out a bit.

The regular P-01 has a barrel length of 92,5 mm.  Why not just buy it.  The max. barrel length fir CCP Division is 111mm. 
Your 4.4 inches equals 111.76 MM.  The measurements mught vary from one gun to another depending on how accurate the company who makes the extended barrel is.

Take Care

Bob

That is most likely what I will end up doing. However, I greatly prefer a longer barrel and a threaded barrel. Gives me more velocity, more options, and less muzzle blast, plus I feel it would not be any harder to conceal for me personally. I also like the sights that come with the threaded model.

If worse comes to worse I'll just be shooting it in SSP/ESP, but I would sure prefer to be able to use it in CCP!

Offline Tanners Owner

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2016, 06:07:09 PM »
Acknowledge what is in another threat- I too have a box, and measured it- it doesn't fit my box with CCP inserts and it's wider than 1 3/8 "

Trust me- I wasn't real happy, but like you am shooting it SSP, and doing so happily

Offline Canuck44

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2016, 11:22:12 AM »
Nobody has mentioned the new height restriction.  If I were you folks I would be arguing to retain the 6" height for CCP retention.  The changes are with the barrel length increase is to allow us up here to shoot CCP Division.  The reduction in height then became necessary to prevent Commander size guns into the Division.  They fail by less than a 1/4".  I don't quite see the logic used.  Just because the Division is called Compact Carry doesn't necessarily mean "compact" guns.  The word surely would or could be attached to single stack Commanders.  Just my opinion.  If you want your guns in CCP get your pens our or more correctly your keyboards working.

Take Care

Bob   
Je Suis Charlie

Offline inthevalley

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2016, 12:11:44 AM »
Acknowledge what is in another threat- I too have a box, and measured it- it doesn't fit my box with CCP inserts and it's wider than 1 3/8 "

Trust me- I wasn't real happy, but like you am shooting it SSP, and doing so happily

Would it fit if you file down the right-side safety lever a bit?

Thank you for the reply

Offline Tanners Owner

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2016, 08:02:46 PM »
It might, but I'm unwilling to do it. You'd need to take off a significant amount 1-2/8"

That said, draft rules are out making CCP and BUG more restrictive(smaller & lighter). I'd recommend you leave it as is and shoot SSP

Good luck

Offline WxGuy

« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2016, 11:38:15 AM »
The rules on the IDPA website are now "final" and the restrictive CCP and BUG dimensions remain unchanged.  My CZ 75 Compact SAO is going to get lonely. 

In my area, it has pissed off quite a few folks who are now transitioning over to USPSA/Steel Challenge where the rules are less restrictive and more consistent.  I'm following along with the group.

Offline Canuck44

« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2016, 12:57:53 PM »
The rules on the IDPA website are now "final" and the restrictive CCP and BUG dimensions remain unchanged.  My CZ 75 Compact SAO is going to get lonely. 

In my area, it has pissed off quite a few folks who are now transitioning over to USPSA/Steel Challenge where the rules are less restrictive and more consistent.  I'm following along with the group.

Your 75 Compact still qualifies if it is the same size as my PCR

Bob
Je Suis Charlie

Offline WxGuy

« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2016, 09:31:39 PM »
Thanks for the encouragement Bob!

I'll have to pull out the box and measuring tape and reconfirm.  Maybe the rubber base pads are too thick.  I may have to put in a downward curve to the front part of the stock 14 round mag.  The new SP-01 compact (swept up tail and full dust cover) may take some massaging.

Bob

Offline WxGuy

« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2017, 03:09:57 PM »
Bob,

You are correct sir!  Both my compacts squeek into the CCP box height rule!

Thanks again,
Bob

Offline rca90gsx

« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2017, 08:18:42 PM »
Does the SP01C fit width wise (side to side across the safeties?) Making weight with one of those was another concern... Which bases pads did you have on the  SP01C that  fit in the box? 

Thanks for the information!
Richie

Bob,

Thanks again,
Bob

Offline Jester435

« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2017, 02:11:24 PM »
Does the SP01C fit width wise (side to side across the safeties?) Making weight with one of those was another concern... Which bases pads did you have on the  SP01C that  fit in the box? 

Thanks for the information!
Richie

Bob,

Thanks again,
Bob

You would need to file the safety down which wouldn't be a big deal. I prefer to de-cock the gun for a DA first pull because that is what I do in SSP
CZ P07 Cajun Pro-Grade Urban Grey
CZ 75 SP01 Cajun Production Legal Kit
CZ P01 Omega Cajun Pro-Grade
CZ 75b Pro-Grade Urban Grey

anything