Author Topic: Any low recoil suggestions for 712 utility?  (Read 678 times)

Offline kstedp07

Any low recoil suggestions for 712 utility?
« on: November 22, 2016, 04:35:23 AM »
I know low recoil ammo usually won't cycle well in semi autos. Anyone find anything that works well?  Have a 712 utility that I want to use for home defense and 3gun. Have put the ATI mag tube extension and talon stock on. Getting close. I'm mainly a pistol guy,but I also shoot rifles/shotguns left handed although I am right handed, so any help I can get is appreciated.

Offline kstedp07

Re: Any low recoil suggestions for 712 utility?
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2016, 11:47:23 AM »
Tested it some today. 3 boxes of Winchester 2 3/4 1oz either marked lite target or extra lite target.
One stovepipe. 2 cycle failures. The gun has less that 100 rounds through it total, so I think that is pretty good.

Offline DeltaGray

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2017, 11:08:38 PM »
So you got not replies since November, 2016?  Whatsa matter for you?  I must be in a good mood and am answering or attempted to make comments on shotgun questions.  Unfortunately from some people, I ask questions with limited input provided.  I assume that you have a 3" chamber.  Regardless, what shell types and velocity/dram do you plan to use?  I don't 3-gun but have done Team Challenge a couple of years and was able to use target ammo speeds but used 1 1/8 ounce factory rounds for that.  When I added a heavier wooden stock to a Remington 1100 (but had a 1187) 3 dram loads (1200 fps (feet per second) worked much better in the  2 3/4" chamber.  Recoil does not bother me in that 1100.  My last Remington 870 had an extension but that was a pump.  Maybe you need more gas (powder power) but I am not sure.  I am right handed, can eat with both hands (like my firefighter friends can quickly do).  I have a left master eye and right handed.  I fire my CZ P-09 9mm left handed but fire rifles and shotguns right handed.  Shooting at clay targets my vision as I call it looks at the bird--NOT strongly at the front sight or barrel.  I do not want to see a shadow of barrel (or my double barrels).  This reply may be more than you want to read.  Thanks but I had fun but did not laugh at you.  Don't tell anyone that I have won shotguns in registered trap events. 
DeltaGray

Offline 762hurts

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2017, 01:56:04 PM »
 :o