Author Topic: New Vortex Venom Optic  (Read 509 times)

Offline Canuck44

New Vortex Venom Optic
« on: November 25, 2016, 11:51:07 AM »
I just bought a Vortex Venom Optic with a 6MOA red dot.  I was going to mount it on a CZ 85 Combat then thought why not on a Shadow I have.  The Shadow is a little heavier and with the extra weight forward due to the FLDC recoil might be more manageable.  I am going to use the gun in local Steel Shoots and IDPA not for competition matches.  Noting real serious, just for fun.

I got the 6MOA Venom over the 3MOA Viper as most I spoke to thought the larger dot would assist faster target acquisitions.  I will be using a Springer Precision mount out of Oregon. 

What do you folks think?  Anyone else use an optic on their CZ's.

Take Care

Bob
Je Suis Charlie

Offline Canuck44

Re: New Vortex Venom Optic
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2016, 06:31:13 PM »
Apparently not which is surprising.  I out the Venom on my New Edition aka Limited Edition in the US.  Looks great.  I have to wait until the weather improves to sight the unit in.  Pretty chilly with the wind blowing hard.

Take Care
Bob
Je Suis Charlie

Offline muggia59

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2016, 07:15:20 PM »
I actually mounted one on my Scorpion. I have the 2 moa ( I dont think its the 3). I was thinking about mounting it on the P07 using one of the CGW mounts, but for now, I like it on the Scorpion. I think Joel has one on his Kadet.
CZ SP01 Tactical, CZ SP01 Phantom, CZ P07, CZP01, CZCadet kit, CZ Scorpion EVO S1.

Offline Canuck44

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2016, 07:25:02 PM »
I actually mounted one on my Scorpion. I have the 2 moa ( I dont think its the 3). I was thinking about mounting it on the P07 using one of the CGW mounts, but for now, I like it on the Scorpion. I think Joel has one on his Kadet.

The Venom is a 6MOA.  I wanted it larger for IDPA.  3MOA is fine for fine accuracy but in Action shooting you want to be able to pick up the dot quickly.  A 6MOA will do that for you.

Take Care

Bob
Je Suis Charlie

Offline boatnut

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2017, 04:04:49 PM »
I have a Burris Fastfire III mounted on my P-09.   I love it for shooting paper and it's allowed in my local club's "action shooting" which is similar to IDPA but without a whole lotta rules and classes.

Optics are not allowed in IDPA matches to my knowledge though.

Offline Canuck44

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2017, 04:58:48 PM »
I have a Burris Fastfire III mounted on my P-09.   I love it for shooting paper and it's allowed in my local club's "action shooting" which is similar to IDPA but without a whole lotta rules and classes.

Optics are not allowed in IDPA matches to my knowledge though.

They are now as a Specialty Division.

Take Care

Bob
Je Suis Charlie

Offline mad1521

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2017, 09:00:26 PM »
had a venom on my 75b, but it also serves as occasionally bedside for the wife so swapped it to some TFX pro's. Very fun though and if it was purely a range/comp gun would've kept it...definitely agree for 6 moa over 3 for action shooting.