Author Topic: New 712 question  (Read 656 times)

Offline kstedp07

New 712 question
« on: November 25, 2016, 11:52:36 AM »
I'm not very experienced with shotguns. Firing my 712 today for the second time:
After firing until empty, and chamber locks open, gun won't until reload until button pushed to close chamber. Cool.
So I push button and reload. Gun will not feed round into chamber until trigger is pulled dropping pin. Then I can chamber a round.
My rso at matches might have a problem with that.(?).
My wife's mossberg will let her chamber regardless of firing pin position.
Normal?

Offline DeltaGray

Re: New 712 question
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2017, 10:42:48 PM »
I hope that you get some help but I can think of questions without having a 712.  I should not tell you that I am a sporting clay referee and an instructor of different types.  Yes, RSO or refs should ask what is going on.  You mentioned pushing the button and reload.  Load or reload as written would indicate to me that a shell should normally be in the chamber.  After kind of wising off with you, with an empty gun, where did you "load" at least the first shell?  I know from from ref or instructor exposure that some people load differently--drop a shell (as in first shell) into an open chamber, press the button and possibly add more shells.  How did you "load"?  I have never fired a CZ 712 but I have helped students (not competition shooters) how the action works.  What is your "loading" process that I am trying to repeat but also find out?  I am trying to ask questions without making a comment or guess how the lifter thing is working or not working.  I said all this mess without addressing the firing pin status.  Was your "Firing my 712 today for the second time:..."  the second shell or second trip out to fire?  Has the 712 worked okay before/first time loaded or out?  I am trying to find out if there is a mechanical problem or an operator problem but I did not try to offend you.  I do not fix firearms because I am mechanical friends and some are gun fixers.  I wish you well and hope that your issue gets resolved.  In almost my closing of this reply, I have had an adult ask me how to unload his son's shotgun.  I tell my students (especially women) with semi-autos to not stick fingernails or finger into an open action and attempt to straighten the angle of a shell before pressing the button. 
DeltaGray out--but I do not fix guns.  There is no charge for my comments on this reply (for what that was worth). 

anything