Author Topic: New 612 Magazine Capacity Plug Removal  (Read 2603 times)

Offline Ken9

New 612 Magazine Capacity Plug Removal
« on: January 12, 2017, 09:06:33 PM »
Need some heip with this, please. The YouTube video posted 3 years ago and the manual that came with the gun both show that you stick a screwdriver or choke tool in, depress it, and rotate it about a 1/4 of turn clockwise. Tried that, doesn't work. My gun has a small indention (?) on the underside of the tube that seems to be preventing me from turning the plug the 1/4 of a turn. Question - am I supposed to depress that indention at the same time I'm turning the plug, or does it snap out, or what? Any and all suggestions and help are appreciated. Thanks.

Offline DeltaGray

Re: New 612 Magazine Capacity Plug Removal
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2017, 10:07:12 PM »
I may not be much help for I felt that I have to respond.  I have a 612 Trap pump new in box to me and I am not very mechanical and the installation with pressing where somewhat indicated did not work for me.  Thankfully, I have a very good friend who was a machinist, very mechanical, fixes guns and he always had Remington parts.  Back to the real topic, my friend was able to install the plug.  I wondered if it was going to work correctly but he showed me why it would.  I had to test and it worked.  I am lots of Remington 1100 and other semi-auto and pump experience taking out/replacing springs and easily taking out and re-installing plugs.  I have not helped you but did not have to contact CZ-USA folks or dealers.  I don't want to take my plug out to play and also struggle with it right now.  I have not fired the 612 many times but the plug works and the slide action is smooth.